• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pre-departure Read

campromise

Hello,

While looking for a way to get into the spirit of this upcoming pilgrimage I found this great read. "The Place We Call Home" by Murray Bodo O.F.M. I got it from my local Timberland Regional Library, here in Southwest Washington State. But you can find it on sale, on-line also.

This book isn't necessarily about Santiage de Compostela, but about pilgrimages in general, and how life itself is a pilgrimage, including how ...."sickness itself can be a pilgrimage, one of the most profound journeys into silence and solitude.]..."

In the beginning of Chapter 2, this Pilgrim's Credo is written, that says it all for me....

I am not in control.
I am not in a hurry.
I walk in faith and hope.
I greet everyone with peace.
I bring back only what God gives me.

Pax et Bonum

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sounds interesting. I found it on Amazon.com for less than $11 including shipping. Looking forward to reading it!