• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Robopilgrim?

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
A news item from Japan which was posted to the Ohenro Facebook group. A business opportunity for SJPDP, Rabanal and the approach to O Cebreiro?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Oh my...
I don't know about its usefulness on the CF, but I do know on the Way of 88 Temples, the last thing anyone needs in the sub-tropical heat of Shikoku is an extra layer & an extra 6kgs on your back...even if it does supposedly help propel you to that next mountain temple!
I'm pretty sure Japan will soon invent a robot to actually walk the 1400km for you anyway...
Gambatte!

Perhaps this is akin to the suits that allow those with leg paralysis to walk?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
the last thing anyone needs in the sub-tropical heat of Shikoku is an extra layer & an extra 6kgs on your back...even if it does supposedly help propel you to that next mountain temple!
I walked the circuit in January and February. Snow on several days. An extra layer would have come in quite handy then Not much of the subtropical that time of year!

I walked the circuit in January and February. Snow on several days. An extra layer would have come in quite handy then Not much of the subtropical that time of year!

View attachment 114815
Oh wow...stunning! I walked the circuit April & May including cherry blossom (sakura) time...equally beautiful but what a contrast. Hoping to return in autumn next time for yet more colour to add to the spectrum.
Fingers crossed our walking lives can resume before we need the gadget in the article.

Perhaps this is akin to the suits that allow those with leg paralysis to walk?
Does it work by electrical stimulus? Or by physically 'forcing' the leg to step forward?
It wasn't really explained in the video but one participant said he didn't get winded (puffed).

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum