• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sanabres-wifi?

Walkerbabe

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese 2018
Help!
I'm heading off in a couple of weeks, starting in Zamora, via de la Plata, then veering off on the Sanabres towards Santiago.my question is about the availability of wifi.
I will be using a tablet as my only mode of communication. Any thoughts or advice?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
@Walkerbabe
I walked the Via de la Plata from Seville to Santiago last fall. Wifi was available almost everywhere. At two albergues, the only way to contact the hospitalera was by telephone. However, the first of these albergues was at Calzada de Valdunciel, a couple of days before I arrived in Zamora, so not relevant to your walk. The second was at Lubian, where no one answered the telephone when I called, so I spent a very pleasant night at Casa Irene nearby (at a considerable discount). I could have managed just as well with only a tablet for communication. I used wifi for all my personal communication and to make reservations. Enjoy your camino.

Wifi is pretty much everywhere. Sometimes not but you will only miss a day or two

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum