• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Shell gas stations- did you know= sellos

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
Hola !!!
In my final 10 days of the Norte here!!!!
But wondered if others knew or were interested that in Spain or atleast on the Camino , Shell gas stations will stamp your credential with a shell that says Camino de Santiago?
I saw a friends stamped and today crawled thru a field to a shell station across the highway
neve

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
That's interesting. I never saw a Shell station though, only Repsol or however it's spelled.

There may be some Shell store fronts remaining in Spain, but

Royal Dutch/Shell sells 338 petrol stations in Spain, other Spanish ops
Sep 8th, 2004 by John Donovan.
AFX Europe (Focus): Royal Dutch/Shell sells 338 petrol stations in Spain, other Spanish ops
Sep 08, 2004

AMSTERDAM (AFX) – Royal Dutch/Shell said it reached an agreement with Spanish oil company Disa Corporacion Petrolifera SA concerning the acquisition by Disa of 338 Shell petrol stations in Spain, as well as 5 pct of Shell’s Spanish gas trading business and distribution operations throughout the country.

A shell station locator on the internet does not list Spain as having any stations.

http://www.shell.com/global/products-services/on-the-road/shell-station-locator/online.html

If Shell could make money commercializing the Camino, I suspect it would.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well I got one yesterday on the stage before Tapia de C on Norte....and my. Belgium buddy got one at sometime before meeting me about ten days ago....
So no idea about the locator but I stood in a shell station yesterday with HUGE Shell signs everywhere clearly a Shell station with the logo I have known for decades

So two days ago as I was flying home from Santiago I took a taxi to the airport...there is a gas station right there as you approach the airport, I would say it touches the airport perimeter if not actually ON the airport grounds...it was a Shell station.

Most read last week in this forum