• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Spanish Train Strike during Semana Santa

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks guys for the heads up!! BUT I've just checked and the strike has been called off. I'll go to Atocha Station here in Madrid tomorrow to confirm. I just learned to swear in Spanish. I knew my new app would come in handy.

When is the air traffic controllers strike on in France? How about trains in France?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A handy reminder to give yourself a day's grace if your return is booked on an international flight and you have to catch a train to get there. Spain is pretty good in that you tend to get notice, but not in France where we once fell foul of a wildcat strike. It was pretty hairy finding an alternative to get on the plane home.

The very reason I give myself play days in Madrid at the end!!!

When is the air traffic controllers strike on in France? How about trains in France?

The strike started on Sunday, supposed to last 48h ( but some were mentioning 3 days). However there is also a strike at Ryan Air. My son's flight from Spain to the UK was cancelled yesterday - with no notice, he only knew once at the airport.
Check the airline website. I think all should be OK by Wednesday (tomorrow). Fingers crossed!

I haven't heard of any train strike in France...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks guys for the heads up!! BUT I've just checked and the strike has been called off. I'll go to Atocha Station here in Madrid tomorrow to confirm. I just learned to swear in Spanish. I knew my new app would come in handy.

Looks like you're right! http://www.elmundo.es/economia/2016/03/21/56f01a6c46163fa4708b4607.html
Good news.

With the Belgium bombings this morning, though, transport all over Europe may still be affected .
Take care, everyone, and stay safe.
Faith

Most read last week in this forum