• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Starting June 1st from Pamplona - transportation from train?

L.A. Miele

Time of past OR future Camino
I am walking the Camino for the first time June 1st "2015"
I am taking the train from Barcelona and arrive in Pamplona in the afternoon of May 30th. I realize that I will have to stay in Pamplona overnight and start walking the next day after this. How do I find where the Camino starts when I arrive by train? Is there a bus from there? Is it easy to connect? How much is the bus? Would most be speak English in this city? Do I sound a bit anxious to you?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You will need to hike/taxi to the old center of town from the train station, where you will find the albergues, hostales, and restaurants. The Camino runs right through the middle, one block from the main plaza. The bus route is very circuitous, so walking or taxi are your better choices. Don't expect much English. Buen camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Awesome, thx so much for the replies, I will check the maps out.

General rule of thumb anywhere is, find the cathedral. Almost everywhere, the camino passes the main church of a town and you can pick up the markers there.

Estella might be the only town on the Frances where that rule doesn't work.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum