• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Transport to Santiago?

Kate Allenger

Time of past OR future Camino
Walking the Camino Frances August 29 2018!!
Hi all,
I'm going to be walking from Astorga at the end of July. I only have 5 days to walk this time and I don't really want to plan my walk too much as I was injured last year on the Camino, so I want to take things slower. I don't know where I'll be at the end of my walk, but I do need to get back to the UK on a specific day and therefore want to book a flight home from somewhere! If I book a flight from Santiago, do you think it would be relatively easy to get some form of transport there from wherever I end up? Or would it be easier to go back on myself to somewhere? I appreciate any advice I can get! Thank you

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You can get a bus or taxi everywhere.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Flying out of Santiago is easy, 5 days should get you maybe to O Cebreiro or thereabout depending on your mileage.

You can get a Alsa bus from Pedrofita do cebreiro to A Coruna, then a daily evening flight to London Heathrow with Vuelling

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
If you go to the website Rome2Rio and enter the city or town you want to leave from and the city of your destination, you will get all the bus, train and flight options and links to Renfre or Iberia or Alsa etc. It is a very handy resource.
Try learning Chi Walking before you go - so as not to get injured or as tired when on Camino. There is a description of how to Chi Walk on this web site. Slowcaminobook. Basically Chi Walkers assert that it is not poor muscle strength, but poor alignment that makes you tired. Walk from you core energy and not your extremities.
Don't use poles when Chi Walking - Think of a needle in cotton.
the needle is your core strength and the extremities are as light as cotton. It conserves energy through correct balance and proper alignment.
Drink more water than you think you need - hydration and sleep are more important to reducing injuries and fatigue on the trail than most people think.
Have a trip full of a "grand sense of wonder"
Terence Callery

You can get a Alsa bus from Pedrofita do cebreiro to A Coruna, then a daily evening flight to London Heathrow with Vuelling
Thanks very much for your help. Kate

Most read last week in this forum