• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting worried, please help :)

ZsuRa

Time of past OR future Camino
7th of Aug 2014 from Leon to Santiago
19th of Oct 2014 from Santiago to Finisterre
Dear All,

I will fly out to Madrid on Wednesday, arrive to Leon on Thursday and finnaly start to walk on Friday. My pack is ready, thanks for the information I have read here it is 5,5 kg.
I guess it is normal, but I have different fears in every hour. I managed to get answer for most of it with one exception. I know that the route is well marked and there will be plenty of people, but that is my brain only. I am still worried, how will I find the right route.
I would really appreciate your response how did you know what way to follow.
I know this is part of the process, but I am really getting tired of my fears.
Alternatively, any advice how to stop that little voice in my head would also be great :)

Thanks a lot,
Zs

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for the quick response. What time do you suggest to dont be the first? Will 7 am be ok?

I think I am most worried about the point where you can go towards two direction. I would like to avoid to go next to the road, but how will I go which one is the right for me.

Hi, as many times as I've walked, I find that I still will miss an arrow usually for these reasons: 1. I start too early and it's still dark. 2. I start early and I didn't scope out the right direction before I turned in for the night. 3. I'm talking with someone and the conversation is so engrossing...we both miss the Way. 4. I stop for a cerveza (well maybe more than one). 5. Being male, I don't like to read maps or ask for directions. If you do the opposite of me...the Camino will guide you along the Way.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I think I am most worried about the point where you can go towards two direction. I would like to avoid to go next to the road, but how will I go which one is the right for me.

The really fun ones are the junctions where there are 5 directions to go and not an arrow in sight.

I found local people will redirect you to the camino ... often without being asked.

The best tactic is to walk back to the last marker and try again.

I doubt if you will be the first at 7am in July, but just hang around until some others leave. You will find that you become better at finding the markers very quickly.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I will put this up again; it's a little over 300 years old but still very fitting if gender marred:
"There's no discouragement
Shall make him relent
His first avowed intent
To be a pilgrim"
J. Bunyan
Pilgrim's Progress

The "Little Voices," in your head. First it's fear of course and fear is good. Just stop and breath....now...you will be fine! I know easy for me to say but a year from now you will smile at yourself. The arrows are well marked and if you get lost it is OK The worse thing is you may walk a few extra hours. I got lost a few times but something good always came from it, meet people I would never have meet or stayed at a hostel I would not of? Even hundreds of years ago the pilgrims were wondering if they were on the right path. A wrong path may have the right lesson. Smile and enjoy the moment!

We used the Brierley guide. It sets out very clearly the routes available, and we had no trouble finding the 'off road' routes. I understand from following this forum that there are several different guides to choose from, including some downloadable ones. I know there are those who prefer to do the Camino without any type of guide but I like to know in advance which route I'm going to take, although I don't obsess about it. Buen Camino :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Find the first arrow. If you can't find it, asl any other pilgrim or ask at the albergue. Then walk where it is pointing at and there is your second arrow ect and so on and so forth....

It is ok to have some fear, but dont let your fear spoil the excitement you should feel. As soon ase you are in Leon, and you see an arrow or two, it will all make sense

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Fear is the greatest burden we all carry. Trust me, in the end it will be a tiny thing, like lint in your pocket.
Buen Camino
I think I had at the start a lot of anxiety and although I haven't started my first camino yet (sept) I have found all the encouragement in the blogs of well seasoned travellers healing my fears - do you walk very much ? do you have that internal compass? because although a new vista I am sure the contours of the land will confirm the path - at least that's what I'm banking on! sstill always find I'm learning - was out on Dartmoor the other day, weather changed, missed the path - lost -just had to find a stream/river with the flowand follow it and all was well - not sure if the stream/river thing holds true elsewhere?? answers on a postcard!

Thanks for all the responses!!! I really feel better now. The fact that I got so many answers so quickly makes me feel I cant be in big trouble on the Camino. At least not until I have connection to this forum :)
I look forward to report in a few days from now how I managed to find the way (or got lost).

Alas, with age comes wisdom (?) it just takes a longer sometimes to present itaself. Dante, Paradiso, and Saint James may help:
"And my Lady (Beatrice) , full of joy, said to me: ‘See! See! Behold James, the Saint for whose sake, down there, they search out Galicia’… let Hope be sounded in this altitude: you know it… ‘Lift your head, and reassure yourself" Paradiso Canto 25

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Dear All,

Alternatively, any advice how to stop that little voice in my head would also be great :)

Thanks a lot,
Zs

Hello ZsuRa,
Fear is tiring my friend, part of the reason perhaps why it can be all-consuming. However, I wonder if I might try to reassure you that as others have hinted in their replies, it is actually quite difficult not to know where to go on the Camino Frances. Quite apart from the arrows you will probably find many locals who will point the way if you look or say you are in doubt. As a last resort stop where you are, it won't be too long before other pilgrims come your way.:D

As for that little voice in your head, the same thing that most of us have, my way of dealing with it is to remember that I put it there, I'm the only one who can hear it, I'm the one who can make it go away and I can choose to listen to it or ignore it. ;)

Buen (fear and negative inner voice free) Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I've looked up sun rises and sunsets for my dates and routes here. - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/sunrise.html Search on the town and then search on the dates you'll be in the town and you can check on when twilight starts, when sunrise it, when sunset is and when dusk will be. So at least you can check to see if you'll be walking in the dark!

Good morning Everyone,
Thanks again for the feedbacks. Yesterday, after the message I want out to buy the very last things on my list. I gave keys to my friends so they can feed the fishes. And since that point there is silence in my head. I played a bit with the godesalco.com, but it was more a game. Hopefully this is not temporally :) thank you again!

If you have time, the previous evening just check which is the way for the following morning. At least work out "When I leave the hotel/albergue I need to turn left/right."
Sometimes I've missed the arrows and gone adrift ... but found some beautiful things [and people] on the wrong path - and often been corrected by the kind locals.
There is absolutely NOTHING to be worried about :)
Buen caminno!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I've looked up sun rises and sunsets for my dates and routes here. - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/sunrise.html Search on the town and then search on the dates you'll be in the town and you can check on when twilight starts, when sunrise it, when sunset is and when dusk will be. So at least you can check to see if you'll be walking in the dark!
Brilliant! Or you could check the sky to see where the sun is...

Dear All,

I will fly out to Madrid on Wednesday, arrive to Leon on Thursday and finnaly start to walk on Friday. My pack is ready, thanks for the information I have read here it is 5,5 kg.
I guess it is normal, but I have different fears in every hour. I managed to get answer for most of it with one exception. I know that the route is well marked and there will be plenty of people, but that is my brain only. I am still worried, how will I find the right route.

Thanks a lot,
Zs
Don't worry ...camino will lead you to the right way....many people along the way that can answer your direction...Buen Camino.....

2004 signage on the Valcarlos alternative out of SJPdP was miniscule yellow arrows painted on popsicle-like sticks and rather randomly attached to trees, logs, etc. Eventually I sensed that I was going north within a dense wood where the correct path should be basically west. Backtracking to the last marker nailed to a moveable stake I spotted with RELIEF a distant farmer; he walked towards me as I walked towards him. When asked the way to Arneguy he simply quarter-turned the stake and replied "Oh those children they just love to confuse you pilgrims". ...Luckily the signage has VASTLY improved over recent years and there are no more moveable arrows, but a basic sense of direction is still most helpful.

Margaret Meredith

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yours is a feeling that I experienced –every time I go to Camino. Yes, we can plan, browse guides, look at Google Maps...but there will never be a perfect Camino, as there is not a perfect wedding or a perfect life. It is better to accept that some mistakes are unavoidable, but most of them may be easily amended...or accepted.
On the practical side: in some difficult stages (mountains, bad weather), I try to go with another pilgrim, and be sure that both of us see the signposts before walking by a crossroad. But the Frances, in summer, does not require especial precautions.
Remember, pilgrims have done the Camino for many centuries –even when there were not signposts, guides, cellphones, internet. We have it easy.

The OP is starting from Leon, and it is a bit more tricky to find your way out of a city than a small village. So she might need a few directions - hopefully she'll stay in an albergue in which case just - follow the other pilgrims!

Last edited:
The OP is starting from Leon, and it is a bit more tricky to find your way out of a city than a small village. So he might need a few directions - hopefully he'll stay in an albergue in which case just - follow the other pilgrims!

OP = a She :rolleyes::)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Starting in Leon! Best advise is to take a taxi out of town--you waste two hours of hiking thru houses and warehouse by following the arrows from the middle of Leon. Take the Taxi to the hill where the Hobbit houses start.

Annie-- thinking contours work if lost is greatly over estimating the intelligence of those who laid out the road now called the Camino! As a Civil Engineer I constantly wondered why portions of the Camino purposely go out of the way to make things difficult. If one of my staff drew up plans for a road similar to the Camino, he would be looking for a new job.

Yours is a feeling that I experienced –every time I go to Camino. Yes, we can plan, browse guides, look at Google Maps...but there will never be a perfect Camino, as there is not a perfect wedding or a perfect life. It is better to accept that some mistakes are unavoidable, but most of them may be easily amended...or accepted.

That was the trick. Since I gave up to try to do it perfectly all the concerns are gone. It took me three years to realize it is better to walk from Leon instead of waiting to the right moment when I have the time to do it "properly". I think I am progressing :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Starting in Leon! Best advise is to take a taxi out of town--you waste two hours of hiking thru houses and warehouse by following the arrows from the middle of Leon. Take the Taxi to the hill where the Hobbit houses start.

I thought about that, but could not decide...
Pro would be to save the kms and skip the industrial part
Con would be that I read somewhere how simbolic is that I could walk out from the noise where I am coming from.

I have some time until Friday to decide :)

Dear All,

Thanks a lot,
Zs

I think this is all part of pre-Camino jitters. Our minds need some worry to latch onto, whether it is how to find the way, how to get to the start, what shoes to wear, bedbugs, or whether or not to bring a sleeping bag. In my case I kept worrying that my feet were going to be hurting so much I would not be able to continue, and feeling dissatisfied with whatever shoe I had chosen at the moment. As it turned out, I ended liking my shoe choice and I did not have significant foot problems. In other words, most of our pre-Camino anxieties are unrealistic. I try to view my anxieties as just normal preparation for a new experience.

As far as finding the yellow arrows or other route markers, for the most part these are easy to follow, especially as you learn to pay attention to them (I was not as good at finding the arrows the first couple days). The mind gets trained to see them. Two times we deliberately went off route, and each time concerned Spanish citizens intervened to point out the correct route. in one case we were alerted to the concerned citizen's concern because he was honking his horn and pointing in the correct direction. Walking in the dark of the morning by headlamp while trying to get out of a town presented its own challenges -- we were puzzled a few times, but it all worked out.

It will work out for you too!

Actually, leaving León proper is quite confusing. The "official" Camino does not go in a straight line, it makes many detours so the pilgrim visit historic places. But our beloved yellow arrows have mostly disappeared. The easy way out: go to rotonda (roundabout) de Santo Domingo (not far from cathedral, everybody knows it) and then walk by Gran Vía San Marcos. That takes the pilgrim, after 1 km, to the old Hospital de San Marcos, now a "Parador". From there, the way becomes quite evident.

Last edited:
Starting in a city is a bit more confusing than starting in a smaller town, IMHO. Ask your hospitalero, follow other pilgrims, and if you get there a day or two early, wander around the city and find the route beforehand. The locals are friendly and used to the questions. Head for the plaza at the Parador as stated above by Felipe.

Actually, leaving León proper is quite confusing. The "official" Camino does not go in a straight line, it make many detours so the pilgrim could visit historic places. But our beloved yellow arrows have mostly disappeared. The easy way out: go to rotonda (roundabout) de Santo Domingo (not far from cathedral, everybody knows it) and then walk by Gran Vía San Marcos. That takes the pilgrim, after 1 km, to the old Hospital de San Marcos, now a "Parador". From there, the way becomes quite evident.

Except by doing that you miss the extraordinary Basilica San Isodoro and the stunning ceiling frescos in the Pantheon. Worth reading the Wikipedia entry to get the flavour of the history. It, together with the beautiful stain glass windows in the Cathedral (better than Chatres, IMO), make Leon a very special place.

If you decide to skip the Leon outskirts you could catch a bus to Virgen del Camino and save some 7k/8k.
Line 1. Leon Santo Domingo - La Virgen - Santo Domingo.
There are many stops between Leon and Virgen del Camino
Plaza Santo Domingo (BBV)
Avda. Roma, 2 (Plaza Inmaculada)
Plaza Guzman
C/ Astorga (RENFE)
Avda. Quevedo, 2 (BBV; Crucero)
Avda. Párroco Pablo Díez, 22
Avda. Párroco Pablo Díez, 86
Avda. Párroco Pablo Díez, 190
Avda. Párroco Pablo Díez, 252 (Trobajo)
Cruce Camino de la Cruz
Carretera León - Astorga (Industrial estate, various stops)
La Virgen del Camino (various stops)
I caught it and it had a few other pilgrims on it. It is easy to know where to get off in Virgen and just across the street is way marking for the camino just a few meters along the main road heading to your right.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Except by doing that you miss the extraordinary Basilica San Isodoro and the stunning ceiling frescos in the Pantheon. Worth reading the Wikipedia entry to get the flavour of the history. It, together with the beautiful stain glass windows in the Cathedral (better than Chatres, IMO), make Leon a very special place.
Yes Kanga, you are right, but anyway, I would no have visited this marvel, bcs after seeing a section of the old walls, I got totally lost. I asked my way to Hospital de San Marcos.
I am not sure about San Isidoro, but in my experience most historic an religious buildings are still closed early in the mornings. It is a problem to pilgrims that want to attend Mass before leaving.
Fortunately, I had visited León the day before, bcs I planned a short stage, Villarente to León.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
I am happy to report that I am ready to leave tomorrow :) I feel I did everything I could to be prepared and not worried anymore. I am very excited and happy. All the worries are gone :) I do trust Camino will give me what I need, and if I need to get lost, than I am ok with it. :)
Thanks again for the support for Everyone.
Zs

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Everyone,
I am happy to report that I am ready to leave tomorrow :) I feel I did everything I could to be prepared and not worried anymore. I am very excited and happy. All the worries are gone :) I do trust Camino will give me what I need, and if I need to get lost, than I am ok with it. :)
Thanks again for the support for Everyone.
Zs
Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Stop worrying. You will find your way. It is very well marked. Also at this time of the year there are many others around. Don't be the first out in the morning and just follow the crowd.
We had a funny experience with the "follow the crowd" method. My husband and I found a nice spot in the shade of a large stacks of hay bales to have a picnic lunch. It was a short distance off of the camino, along a farm track but well within sight of the proper route. As we finished up and stood to repack we saw some of our pilgrim friends heading our way. It took a moment to realize what was happening and we tried to wave them off and send hem back in the right direction. This only served to draw more attention to the situation and there was an immediate line of pilgrims veering left towards us, instead of continuing on straight! Great way to meet a few more pilgrims ;-)

Dear All,

Thanks a lot,
Zs
Have no expectations and the Camino will look after you, what you have forgotten you can get what extra you have taken you can give away, its like life every now and again we get lost but we always find our way back. I always found a marker if you come to a cross road stop look around you will be ok you are not alone.

Hi Everyone,
I am in Leon and life is great :) hopefully I can send similar message tomorrow from a different place :)
zs

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I thought about that, but could not decide...
Pro would be to save the kms and skip the industrial part
Con would be that I read somewhere how simbolic is that I could walk out from the noise where I am coming from.

We started in Leon too and had this same decision. Ultimately we walked - for the symbolism and also because we were ready to get out there and just walk - we'd had planes, trains, and automobiles for a few days getting there and were just done with mechanized transport for the time being :)

We stayed the night at the Parador San Marcos in Leon. I was a little nervous about the idea of just going without any real plan, so I made reservations for that first night to help deal with that nervousness - at least I knew where we would sleep that first night. I found a great rate for the Parador on Expedia and jumped on it. The Camino passes right by San Marcos and continues over a little bridge and through the rest of town. When we left the hotel, we immediately saw pilgrims on the route. Through the industrial part of Leon, there were only a couple times where we were unsure, but ultimately it was pretty easy as long as you keep your eyes open for the arrows and for other pilgrims. We were hardly out of sight of at least someone when we were walking through town.

Once we left Leon and got into the countryside, there is a choice of 2 or 3 routes - one along the road, one on paths. At the decision point, there is a big map next to the road with everything shown, so pretty easy to figure out where to go.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi again, I hope one of you can help me. I planned to go tomorrow around 20 kms, but the book says the albergue in Santibanez de Valdeiglesia is not well maintained. Is that true? Shall I stay in Hospital de Orbigo? Astorga seems too far and my knees are tired.
Thanks in advance,
Zs

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Between Hospital de Orbigo and Santibanez de Valdeiglesia is a fantastic owner-operated albergue in Villares de Orbigo. Santibanez is OK. The food is good, and the hospitalero a character. He did a queimada for our group.

Falcon, you are great :)

If it isn't too late :) - we stayed in Orbigo on our 2nd night, even though it made day 2 a pretty short day. It worked out well since there was a festival in Orbigo that day, but I think it would work out well at any time since Orbigo is large enough for wandering around and entertaining yourself after a short walk day. Like you, we thought Astorga was too long of a haul for day 2, but weren't sure where to stop in between. We were happy with our choice and it allowed us to ease into the Camino a bit.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Dear All,
Let me inform you I arrived to Santiago on the 20th of Aug and to home yesterday.
I got lost during the walk only once in Ponferrada, but I learnt the lesson what that experience told me. It was a bit more than finding the right address :)
I am planning the next walk in october from Santiago to Finisterre. :)
Thank you for your support and help!!!
Zs

Dear All,
Let me inform you I arrived to Santiago on the 20th of Aug and to home yesterday.
I got lost during the walk only once in Ponferrada, but I learnt the lesson what that experience told me. It was a bit more than finding the right address :)
Zs

Ha you've been bitten by the Camino bug already eh? Congratulations and thanks for keeping us informed, it's always good to hear how someone got on when they write to tell us their pre Camino worries. I hope you enjoyed your first Camino and that you enjoy your next one too.

Yes, I was bitten :) Since I arrived I feel like being on holiday. It is a nice place, but I will go back to where I live soon. :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If you decide to skip the Leon outskirts you could catch a bus to Virgen del Camino and save some 7k/8k....I caught it and it had a few other pilgrims on it. It is easy to know where to get off in Virgen and just across the street is way marking for the camino just a few meters along the main road heading to your right.

I took that bus to Vigen del Camino the first time, as recommended by my guidebook. The second time, we walked out of Leon and I really enjoyed seeing the city waking up in the morning and beginning their workday...it was not unpleasant at all. Both are good options, but if you are starting in Leon, like I was the first time, the bus might be a better option so that you can start off with a few short days at the beginning of your Camino: Leon --> Villar Mazarife --> Hospital de Orbigo --> Astorga

If you have time, the previous evening just check which is the way for the following morning. At least work out "When I leave the hotel/albergue I need to turn left/right."
Sometimes I've missed the arrows and gone adrift ... but found some beautiful things [and people] on the wrong path - and often been corrected by the kind locals.
There is absolutely NOTHING to be worried about :)
Buen caminno!

Several times when we were uncertain about directions, a local always appeared and pointed us in the right direction. The one time that I was alone and missed an arrow, a 10-year-oldish boy tried to point me in a different direction but I thought I was on the right path. Then later his dog tried to turn me around and I ignored him, too. Finally, about 3 km later I realized I really had missed an arrow as there was nobody at all around and no arrows at the intersection so I turned back, and soon met up with the boy and his dad on bikes and the dog in the lead. They had all come to fetch me to get me back onto the right path. It always makes me smile to imagine what they must have been thinking...and I'm very grateful that they cared enough to come after me.

While it's always a good idea to have a guidebook, many people walk the Camino without one. As someone else said, just follow the crowd. You'll soon realize that you're seldom out of sight of other pilgrims, so just follow them. Most of the times when you reach a decision point, there will be other pilgrims standing there discussing the options -- if not, and if you're unwilling to make a decision by yourself, just wait a few minutes and someone else will come along and help you make the choice. Besides, by your second day you'll be developing a a family of Camino friends with whom you'll be walking, so even though you start alone, you'll never be alone on the Camino unless you want to be. And as for that little voice in your head, if it seems to be telling something wrong or confusing you, try listening to the voice in your heart.
Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Finally, about 3 km later I realized I really had missed an arrow as there was nobody at all around and no arrows at the intersection so I turned back, and soon met up with the boy and his dad on bikes and the dog in the lead. They had all come to fetch me to get me back onto the right path. It always makes me smile to imagine what they must have been thinking...and I'm very grateful that they cared enough to come after me.
I had a similar kind experience, Mary - quoting from my diary Pilgrimage IV.....
"The guide book may have said it was only 2 kms, but somewhere along the line I lost the camino signs, and no indications of where 'Bruma' might be. I carried on walking and found myself in Meson o Nova. Folk in the bar couldn't direct me there. I finally knocked on the front door of a house and asked the lady where Bruma might be. She directed me 4 kms back the way I had already come ...I thanked her, and set off with aching feet. About ten minutes later the lady went past in her car, and waited for me at the turn off from the main road, and gave me a lift to the albergue! What a kind thing to do!"
And that wasn't the first - or, hopefully, the last - time that locals went out of their way to help an old peregrino :)

Dear All,
Zs

Welcome home ! Guess what? The only time I got lost was in Ponferrada and I bet you and I were not the only ones.

I wonder why you are not walking farther than Santaigo to Finisterre? You might want to consider adding on the Camino Inglés route to Santiago and then head out to Finisterre. Just an idea.

Hi Dennis,

I will walk from Santiago to Muxia than to Finisterre in October. Two friends an my Mum will join me and we will celebrate Mums 60th birthday over there :)
I cant make it longer this year due to limited work, but it also feels ok to do this way. I think I needed this time between the two walks so I could deal with the changes what started on the first walk and I feel I will somehow finish the process (or this part of the process) in Finisterre.
For next year, I dont know yet. Maybe the Porto route or the Ingles or the Norte... :) so many options :)
Why did you choose the Norte?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The only time I got lost was in Ponferrada ......
We did not get lost, just got onto the wrong track. The thing was that in order to get to our albergue (booked beforehand) we had to go sufficiently far off the Brierley map that the next morning we did not know how to get back to where we had left off. The hospitalero gave us directions back to the Camino but, as we eventually realized, they were directions for the fastest route, not the route shown in the Brierley guide which, I am sure, would have been the more interesting. Hmmmm, just realized we could have shown the hospitalero where exactly on the Brierley map we wanted to resume our walk. Didn't think of that. Next time!

Welcome back, ZsuRa. Enjoy your walk next month.:)

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back