Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Interactive Map

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

trecile

Staff member
Feb 19, 2016
Southern Oregon
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
Mapy.cz does. In the online version you need to choose the "outdoor" option and zoom in to see the Camino routes, which are dark blue lines.

Camino apps like Buen Camino and Wise Pilgrim have interactive maps showing the Camino routes and your location.

DoughnutANZ

Ka whati te tai ka kai te tōreapango
Apr 16, 2019
Tamaki Makaurau Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand
2019, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027 & 2028.
Google Maps is capable of displaying Camino routes, search the forum if interested. I use Google Maps with my Camino of interest when I walk in Spain.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Corned Beef

Veteran Member
May 25, 2019
Near Canterbury
umap.openstreetmap.fr
2024 Portuguese/ VF (South) / VF Grand St Bernard
You can make your own using Open Street Map. You can view this on a PC, a mobile, an Ipad etc

Reactions: dougfitz
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Thomas1962

Apr 8, 2012
Amsterdam
www.ponteferreira.com
2010/2011/2012/2013: Madrid -Salvador -Primitivo 2014: EPW 2015: Amsterdam - SdC
Yes there is. For the Spanish caminos look at the bottom of this page. If on a computer you click exactly on a route, you will see the info of each route.
For other countries there are other maps too.

Reactions: Corned Beef
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

willydp

Dec 10, 2015
Belgium
2024🤞🍀
@C clearly I used it to create Camino preparation routes at home on my laptop and used it afterward on my Garmin GPSMap64.
Worked fine.
Normally all the Camino's are already on the maps. There are regularly updates.
I think that like all the phone GPS mapping Apps it will drain the battery quicker.
I used it only on the Camino when I was not sure if I still was on the Camino.
Try at home before using it on the Camino to see if your phone last long enough, not every phone is the same.
It is not entirely free if you want more maps.

Last edited:

€46,-

MikeJS

Veteran Member
Aug 25, 2010
Brighton UK
mikesroaming.blogspot.co.uk
Olvidado/San Salvador/Primitivo 2019
My favorite and default is Mapy.cz. But for the sake of completeness, I'll add that Gronze.com recently put out their own app for this. And I've had situations in which it displayed more up-to-date info than Mapy.cz.
Do they? What is it called?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

David Tallan

Staff member
Dec 8, 2013
Toronto, Canada
1989, 2016, 2018, 2023, 2024...
If you want to make your own google map, use “google my maps” it’s very nice
I did that. I then put in the GPS tracks for Iberian Caminos from the Spanish National Institute for Geography. Then I added albergues, bars and restaurants that had been recommended here on the forums. The result is this Camino map.

trecile

Staff member
Feb 19, 2016
Southern Oregon
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
For map geeks, creating your own maps on Google and other platforms can be fun, but if you want straightforward maps of the Camino I think that the Camino app developers have done a great job. There's really no need to reinvent the wheel, when it's already been done well. The apps have maps that can be downloaded and used offline without an internet connection.

My two favorite apps are Wise Pilgrim and Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

WGroleau

Wandering Weirdo aka 伟思礼
Nov 23, 2015
2015–2018 (partial)
maps.me runs off-line although you have to download and/or update its maps when online. You have to select the area you want to download, and you can delete area you no longer need to save space.

It has more than one source for maps; one of them is Open Street Map. It doesn’t come with Camino routes, but more than one website has them as GPX files, which you can load ito maps.me for display.

You can also have it record your actual path if your device has GPS.

It can also find things for you if online or if they are on a downloaded map.

If online and have GPS, it can give directions for getting to a place, although it tends to make stupid unnecessary detours that lengthen the distance.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...
hello - Does anyone have a suggested app that i can both track my progress along the route and share real time location? i know how to share real time on google maps but. or route progress. thank you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides