• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dates Set for Caminho Portuges

Urban Trekker

Happy Trails
Time of past OR future Camino
English Camino (2013)
Portuguese Camino (2014)
French Camino (2016)
Way of Saint Francis April 2017
We'll arrive in Lisbon 09/01/14 and depart for Porto on the 3rd.:) 2 days in Porto then on our way. We only have 21 days :(total. We plan on going as far as we can in 14 days averaging no more than 15 miles a day then return to Lisbon for 2 days and home on the 23rd. We went the distance last May on the English Camino. If we don't make it to Santiago it's OK .

Looking for suggestions on where to stay on the Caminho if only walking 15 miles a day.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We'll arrive in Lisbon 09/01/14 and depart for Porto on the 3rd.:) 2 days in Porto then on our way. We only have 21 days :(total. We plan on going as far as we can in 14 days averaging no more than 15 miles a day then return to Lisbon for 2 days and home on the 23rd. We went the distance last May on the English Camino. If we don't make it to Santiago it's OK .

Looking for suggestions on where to stay on the Caminho if only walking 15 miles a day.
Walking from Porto to Santiago is doable in 14 days
Look at the thread of flewitheagles from yesterday. My good friend Diogo wrote down his schedule from Ponte de Lima yesterday .
I add the part from Porto to Ponte de Lima

1. Porto via Matosinhos to Vila do Conde (green detour in John Brierley's guide Camino Portuges)
2 .Vila do Conde to São Pedro de Rates
3. Sāo Pedro de Rates to Barcelos
4.Barcelos to Ponte de Lima.

If you walk day 4 directly to Ponte de Lima you'll miss the best place to sleep at the caminho Portuges , casa da Fernanda in Vitorino do Piâes about half way to Ponte de Lima

So we did Barcelos to casa da Fernanda and next day to Ponte de Lima.

Bom caminho

Yes, do stay at Casa Fernanda ... it is a wonderful experience to share time with this generous and loving family. It will also give you a nice easy day into Ponte de Lima when you leave.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Hope to read a full report of your Caminho when you return, Urban Treker. My cousin and I plan to do the same trip next April.

Hi, back from Santiago yesterda, I walked from Porto, took me 10 days. If I had more time I would split it differently , some days were really hard. Mind it thou there is not that many opitions to stay in between stages described in Brierley's guide. We stayed in Casa Fernanda and then in Ponte de Lima (even thou it was a very short walk) as there is nowwhere to stay in between Ponte de Lima and Rubiaes. There is a new albergue half way between Rubiaes and Tui (Quinta Estrada Romano) really nice place to stay in too. Because many start in Tui (115km to Santiago...) it gets a lot busier from then on (at least it was last week). There was no room in albergue in Porrino (50 spaces) and when we arrived in albergue de Mos we took last 5 spaces. I suppose we could have stayed in a hotel in Porrino...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you Sabine, I'm still in transit so to speak but will definiately update my blog when I get back home.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, I am trying to confirm that starting my walk from O Porriño qualifies for the last 100 km, and qualifies for a Compostela. I am finding conflicting information in different places. Camino...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back