• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

3 guys walking the camino the end of April.

Jordan J

Time of past OR future Camino
April 24th 2014
Hi All,

Me and 2 other friends are walking the Camino at the end of April (we fly to Toulouse on the 24th and then going to make our way to Bayonne) and could do with some advice. We're three young men, aged 23-25 who are walking the Camino first but then travelling the world afterwards hopefully leading to us finding work and having a great time abroad. Because of this we're packing not just for the Camino but for afterwards as well. I've done a lot of research into the camino and have found that a lot of you recommend 10% of your own body weight. The thing is I don't think I'm going to be able to get my bag down to that sort of weight to walk the camino as I will be packing a few extra things that will hopefully come in useful along the way and afterwards (laptop for work etc.). We're all in fairly good shape and keep fit but none of us have ever done anything to this magnitude so was wondering if you had any advice? I see my bag being about 14kg minimum and the other lads i'm going with estimate theirs at around 18kg. Because we understand this is a lot to walk the camino with and will be challenging, we've decided to do the walk for charity and in memory of my friends brother, Dale, who sadly passed away when he was 15 (10 years ago this year). You can read more about that in the resources section here:
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/the-dale-way-2014.120/

What I'm asking is, have you or do you know anyone who has walked the camino with this sort of weight and if so what would you recommend? Things I will state is that we are in no rush to complete the Camino and if say one or more of the days we need to rest we can so hopefully this will save our legs a bit. We're also taking a tent so if we decide we're too tired and the hostel is too far away, we can just pitch up and lay our heads where we can.

As a little introduction I'll let you know my names Jordan. I'm a 23 year old Graphic designer who after a year of 9-5 office work has got bored of the indoors and fancied a change in my life. I met Josh and Jake, the other guys doing the walk, when I was working in Cyprus in 2013 and have been in touch ever since. We have all handed our notices in at work and are leaving our jobs behind to hopefully find somewhere we each feel we belong and do something we enjoy. Josh is an ex soldier and now works on windfarms hence he has lots of experience wearing heavy backpacks across long distances. Jake is a builder and is pretty much the whole reason we're doing the walk as it was he who saw the film The Way and told us all about it. It is also his brother who sadly passed away 10 years ago. They have been doing an organised charity walk for him for the last 9 years and as this is the 10th year he thought it would be a good idea to do something extra special, hence why we're here!

Anyway just thought I'd introduce ourselves to the forum and tell you a bit about what we're planning. If anyone is doing the walk around the same time as us we would love to hear from you and hopefully get to know you a bit before we go!

Jordan

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hey Jordan...I'm actually leaving Seattle wa May 4th and expecting to start walking May 8th from Pamplona. I'm in the same boat, packing a little extra weight to travel around Spain after and see about living abroad for a little bit. The way I look at it, you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm not taking muck extra for after since I figure I could do a thorough wash after the camino and begin the rest of my journey. Hope to meet you guys along the way.

There are luggage storage services available as your situation is more common than what you think. One thing I would STRONGLY advised you to: do not even attempt to carry too much weight. It could not only ruined your Camino plans, but the plans afterwards. Email Ivar (Forum Creator), Jacotrans Baggage Transfer Services, and see what they tell you to do. I recalled walking with a Mother & Daughter from Denver who had mailed a box of clothes ahead to an address in Santiago where it was been held in storage till they got there. I recalled the fee was really minimal. Browse this forum and see what you find...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Olivares.
That sounds like a good idea to be fair, I'll look into it. i'm going to have a proper pack this weekend to go up Mt Snowdon to see what sort of weight I'm looking at and then I'll be able to judge how it feels. I walked about 11mile the other day with about 14kg and that wasn't too bad but i could see how day after day it could have adverse effects. I have been thinking about leaving the majority of my clothes at home and when it comes to actually working somewhere say a bar in spain, I could easily pop to a charity shop and pick up a few bargains ;) Just a question, how much weight is TOO much weight in your eyes? would you say it depends on the person?

Hi Sean,

My ultimate goal in life is to head to the states to work and travel so I would love to meet you (or any other americans for that matter) so I can annoy you with questions of the best opportunities for me to do that! :D

Jordan

Don't carry those heavy packs. Being young, fit, and male you will be fast walkers. Combine that with carrying a heavy pack for 25 km day after day after day.

It's a recipe for injury and tendonitis.
And it will not be a great experience.

Split your gear into what you need for the Camino (minimal - research this forum) and what you need for later.

Buy a couple of cheap woven plastic bags and forward your extra gear to Ivar who runs this forum. He will look after it.

Believe me, this is one time you don't want to be burdened with looking after "stuff".

The Camino is about letting go. Its about losing burdens. It's about finding the essentials. It's about carrying only what we need, It teaches that what matters are relationships. Relationships with ourselves, our companions and our God (or nature, for some). It's about freedom from the tyranny of possessions. Its about fully living the moment. It's about lightness of body, mind and heart.

And by the end I can almost guarantee you don't need nearly as many of the things you've sent to Ivar as you thought.

Travel lightly, friends.

By the way, did you know the Camino passes through Toulouse? You could start walking from there.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Jordan, welcome to the forum. I walked with a young man from South Africa in 2012 who was also travelling on around Europe after the Camino. He was carrying an 18 + kilo pack, he was young and fit but I still thought he was a bit daft to carry all this weight for the whole 800 kms. I would agree with the advice above and split your pack into a Camino pack and and a pack to forward to Santiago (Ivars Service) and pick it up there when you reach Santiago. Your knees, hips and ankles will thank you. I plan to leave SJPP on 24th of April so maybe you will overtake me along the Way.
Enjoy and Buen Camino.

Hi Kanga, i didn't know it started from toulouse. I think we are going to stay in toulouse for a bit then get a train down to bayonne then st jean. I'll have a look at my pack thursday night after i've packed all my stuff and then i'll check the weight. I'll see how it looks from there, forwarding it on does sound like a good idea though. How much does it cost?

how much weight is TOO much weight in your eyes?

It is not the eyes that matter here but your back, hips, kness, and feet! ;)

The Rule of Thumb for backpack weight/body size is 25%. HOWEVER, this is just a starting point and came from a study done by the Swedish military, with subjects in shape and well trained . When you weight in the length and topographical diversity of the Camino (French Way), a more realistic Rule of Thumb to use is less or around 15%. BTW, walking any distance carrying a load while dealing with blisters or foot pain is a completely different ball game. Hope for the best but prepare for the worse. Remember that.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It is not the eyes that matter here but your back, hips, kness, and feet! ;)

The Rule of Thumb for backpack weight/body size is 25%. HOWEVER, this is just a starting point and came from a study done by the Swedish military, with subjects in shape and well trained . When you weight in the length and topographical diversity of the Camino (French Way), a more realistic Rule of Thumb to use is less or around 15%. BTW, walking any distance carrying a load while dealing with blisters or foot pain is a completely different ball game. Hope for the best but prepare for the worse. Remember that.

Ok thats some good pointers, I've spoke to my friends and the splitting the pack idea sounds like our best bet. I'll definately look into it. Going to have some trial run packs soon so I can properly analyse the weight of what I'm carrying.

Really like that quote at the end by the way haha 'hope for the best but prepare for the worst' I like that haha!

Thought i'd add this post I got by weekjchammings as i found it really inspiring!
"In " your eyes " plus " rule of thumb " who is carrying this pack you or others. We are all individuals you will soon decide for yourself after a few training walk in Snowdonia if you can carry 14 kg or not. My own belief is that you probably can without any side effects if you start steady, no more than 3o km per day. You won't be finding much to compare with Snowdon on the whole Camino Frances.
Compared to you I am an old man of 71 years but walked from Abergavenny to Santiago and beyond last year. 2,400 km, Scarpa boots @ 1850 grms, 15 - 16 kg pack, one day off in 82, no aches pains or blisters. I returned home with 4,500 photos plus and even more memories. I like walking knowing that if I need it it is in my pack, if I don't need it I left it at home.
As to the walk progresses you will get fitter and your pack will feel lighter, eat well and drink well.
Before you set off up the mountain pop into PETES EATS in Llanberis main street and have a full monty breakfast with a pint mug of tea. You are now ready to conquer the world.

IT'S YOUR CAMINO, OTHERS MAY WALK WITH YOU, BUT NO ONE BUT NO ONE, CAN WALK IT FOR YOU.

Have a great time and just get out there and do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buen Camino..................Keith from Wales."

Thanks for the inspiring words, really made me worry less about it all. I'll make sure to pop into Petes Eats if i get chance!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thought i'd add this post I got by weekjchammings as i found it really inspiring!
"In " your eyes " plus " rule of thumb " who is carrying this pack you or others. We are all individuals you will soon decide for yourself after a few training walk in Snowdonia if you can carry 14 kg or not. My own belief is that you probably can without any side effects if you start steady, no more than 3o km per day. You won't be finding much to compare with Snowdon on the whole Camino Frances.
Compared to you I am an old man of 71 years but walked from Abergavenny to Santiago and beyond last year. 2,400 km, Scarpa boots @ 1850 grms, 15 - 16 kg pack, one day off in 82, no aches pains or blisters. I returned home with 4,500 photos plus and even more memories. I like walking knowing that if I need it it is in my pack, if I don't need it I left it at home.
As to the walk progresses you will get fitter and your pack will feel lighter, eat well and drink well.
Before you set off up the mountain pop into PETES EATS in Llanberis main street and have a full monty breakfast with a pint mug of tea. You are now ready to conquer the world.

IT'S YOUR CAMINO, OTHERS MAY WALK WITH YOU, BUT NO ONE BUT NO ONE, CAN WALK IT FOR YOU.

Have a great time and just get out there and do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buen Camino..................Keith from Wales."

Thanks for the inspiring words, really made me worry less about it all. I'll make sure to pop into Petes Eats if i get chance!
Many thanks for that although I sometimes I think I hear " silly old sod " from other forum users. After I had returned home last year I received several E-mails from friends, and the common thread from the Camino youth was the word inspiration. They did not believe there was an active life after 70.
Thanks again try and google KEITH JOHN CHAMMINGS.

Last edited:
Hi Kanga, i didn't know it started from toulouse. I think we are going to stay in toulouse for a bit then get a train down to bayonne then st jean. I'll have a look at my pack thursday night after i've packed all my stuff and then i'll check the weight. I'll see how it looks from there, forwarding it on does sound like a good idea though. How much does it cost?

Hi Jordan,

There is no actual "starting" point for the Camino. In the 12th century a monk, Aimery Picaud wrote the Codex Calixtinus, an illustrated manuscript giving guidance to pilgrims to Santiago de Compostella. He described four routes through France, all of which eventually join up with the Camino Frances - the route most people think of as "The Camino". One of the four routes described by Picaud starts from Arles and through Toulouse, then to Oloron St Marie (a very pretty town suffused with the smell of chocolates from the Lindt factory) then south to the Aspe Valley (glorious walking country) then crosses the Pyrenees via the Col de Somport into Spain where it becomes the Camino Aragones. It follows the river Aragon to Jaca and then to Obanos, just before Punta La Reina, where it joins the Camino Frances. The Somport route is an alternative to crossing the Pyrenees at Saint Jean-Pied-de-Port.

Thought I'd upload a pic of us 3 so if you see us on the walk make sure to say hello (just after coming backdown from the top of Snowdon). Josh is on the left, Jake is in the center and I'm on the right. Probably see us wearing those tops too more ofthen than not!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 13.13.34.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 13.13.34.png
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 50
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
May I suggest that you have a look at some of the packing lists you will find on this site and compare those recommendations with what you are planning to carry. Anything over 15kg (including water and daily lunch) is going to get a lot heavier by the end of the day - especially on those first 3-5 days as your bodies adjust to the daily walking grind. The recommendations about forwarding luggage should be looked at - you can combine the extras of the three of you into one small bag and forward to Pamplona or Leon or similar large town. After 10-15 days you will know what you can manage and maybe increase the weight. BTW - if you haven't worn it by day 10 its very unlikely you will - except for the shower/rain coat - keep that for Galicia where it can rain at virtually anytime of the year. Buen Camino :)

The recommendations about forwarding luggage should be looked at - you can combine the extras of the three of you into one small bag and forward to Pamplona or Leon or similar large town.
This is definitely something I need to look into. Can you give me some more information about how I would go doing about this?

Thought I'd upload a pic of us 3 so if you see us on the walk make sure to say hello (just after coming backdown from the top of Snowdon). Josh is on the left, Jake is in the center and I'm on the right. Probably see us wearing those tops too more ofthen than not!

Hello Three Musketeers,

Will look out for you 3 guys possibly after Santiago on route to Muxia then Finisterre. Now I have this mental picture of 2 wearing trousers and 1 wearing shorts, should be easy to spot.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello Three Musketeers,

Will look out for you 3 guys possibly after Santiago on route to Muxia then Finisterre. Now I have this mental picture of 2 wearing trousers and 1 wearing shorts, should be easy to spot.

Haha sounds like a plan! Really looking forward to it now. My backpack broke the weekend though so I've got to look into exchanging it for a better one this weekend if possible, hardly used it :/ any recommendations? I need a decent 80 litre one I think to accomodate all my things after the walk.

Check this earlier Forum thread regarding luggage transfer on the camino.

MM

Thanks for that, looks like it's going to come in really handy. Picked me up a new backpack yesterday as well so the reality of the walk is starting to kick in and I can't wait! Bought an Osprey Aether 70 and it feels amazing haha

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Many thanks for that although I sometimes I think I hear " silly old sod " from other forum users.
Since you carry so much, I have a kitchen sink and a knife roll for you carry. In comparison, it won't add much weight . . . ;)

Cheers from a middle-aged sod!

Hi Olivares.
That sounds like a good idea to be fair, I'll look into it. i'm going to have a proper pack this weekend to go up Mt Snowdon to see what sort of weight I'm looking at and then I'll be able to judge how it feels. I walked about 11mile the other day with about 14kg and that wasn't too bad but i could see how day after day it could have adverse effects. I have been thinking about leaving the majority of my clothes at home and when it comes to actually working somewhere say a bar in spain, I could easily pop to a charity shop and pick up a few bargains ;) Just a question, how much weight is TOO much weight in your eyes? would you say it depends on the person?

Hi Sean,

My ultimate goal in life is to head to the states to work and travel so I would love to meet you (or any other americans for that matter) so I can annoy you with questions of the best opportunities for me to do that! :D

Jordan
Hi Jordan

I am a 58 year old male weigh 170lbs and backpack regularly with 12kg which is what i will be carrying from SJPdP i have found that gel insoles at the minute i have dunlops which are quite comfy help reduce the stress on the knees and lower back i also use a low alpine back pack with a sliding back support which can be adjusted for different people to suit thier height which helps great you wouldnt know you were carrying anything.
Buen Camino
Cathal from Ireland

Hi Jordan

I am a 58 year old male weigh 170lbs and backpack regularly with 12kg which is what i will be carrying from SJPdP i have found that gel insoles at the minute i have dunlops which are quite comfy help reduce the stress on the knees and lower back i also use a low alpine back pack with a sliding back support which can be adjusted for different people to suit thier height which helps great you wouldnt know you were carrying anything.
Buen Camino
Cathal from Ireland

Hi Cathal,

The mother picked me up some gel insoles the other day from aldi. Obviously being from aldi i'm not sure on the quality but if they make my trip more comfortable i'm not complaining!

My backpack also has adjustable straps to suit any back so should hopefully be as comfortable as yours. Anyway i'm sure i'll be finding all this out this time next week! I'll be starting a blog where I'll be uploading videos and other things during the walk so hopefully it will show my progress!

Jordan

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Use the great service provided by Ivar. Pack lighter and as 3 young men go and enjoy the Camino without the weight and worry of looking after it all especially as you are going to travel the world afterwards. Don't forget to check your work rights before entering Australia it would be a pity to be turned around at the border and things have really toughened up in this part of the world.

Use the great service provided by Ivar. Pack lighter and as 3 young men go and enjoy the Camino without the weight and worry of looking after it all especially as you are going to travel the world afterwards. Don't forget to check your work rights before entering Australia it would be a pity to be turned around at the border and things have really toughened up in this part of the world.

We're definately going to use the service, else my bags going to end up weighing 18 kilo! Think we'll walk through france first and then send them off when we reach spain to save postal costs!

I've looked into Australia and think I should be fine. It's a long way away though so I'll more than likely sort that at a later date!

Check out Skyscanner for cheap flights to Australia and once here use the website
www.iwantthatflight.com.au
Travel well and enjoy each and every day.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
On the walk now, currently chilling in a hostel in Roncesvalles, having a good time. Feet are throbbing slightly affer the walk from St Jean but have been told it's pretty enjoyable from here! Meeting everyone has been a great experience, if you see us on the walk make sure to say hello!

On the walk now, currently chilling in a hostel in Roncesvalles, having a good time. Feet are throbbing slightly affer the walk from St Jean but have been told it's pretty enjoyable from here! Meeting everyone has been a great experience, if you see us on the walk make sure to say hello!
Great to hear you are on your way. Wonderful days and adventures ahead for you all. It heartens me greatly to see and hear young people out there doing the Camino, enjoying life, getting in touch with themselves and others and living life and thinking of the bigger aspects of our place and the meaningful of it all.
Buen Camino, go, laugh, enjoy and live.

Great to hear you are on your way. Wonderful days and adventures ahead for you all. It heartens me greatly to see and hear young people out there doing the Camino, enjoying life, getting in touch with themselves and others and living life and thinking of the bigger aspects of our place and the meaningful of it all.
Buen Camino, go, laugh, enjoy and live.
thanks for the lovely message!! We have met so many friendly people already and it is only the 3rd day, currently walking with a girl from denmark, a guy from holland and my two friends. On the way to pampollona and have just made a stop in a coffee shop. Loving this life!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello Jordan,
I guess you are a little way into your journey now. I hope that all is going well for you three guys and that you are really enjoying this time out and experiencing a wonderful journey of a lifetime. Travel well my fellow amigos, enjoy the fun, the solitude, the company of your mates and your pilgrim families.
Blessings and enjoy a beer and the Cafe con lecke.

Hello Jordan,
I guess you are a little way into your journey now. I hope that all is going well for you three guys and that you are really enjoying this time out and experiencing a wonderful journey of a lifetime. Travel well my fellow amigos, enjoy the fun, the solitude, the company of your mates and your pilgrim families.
Blessings and enjoy a beer and the Cafe con lecke.
Hi there,

Yes, we are currently drinking a well earned beer in a nice bar in Azofra after we walked 38km today because the last place ( sorry i'm really bad with place names) had no room in any hostels haha.

Thanks for the kind words, we are definately enjoying our experience and meeting loads of wonderful people!!

Jordan,

Next comes Santo Domingo de la Calzada and 6 k further west the parish albergue in Granon. It is always open in the San Juan Bautista church tower (the only church in Granon). Be sure to stop either for a rest and a refreshing drink or an overnight and communal dinner by the fireplace. It is a GREAT albergue!!

Buen Camino to all of you,

Margaret Meredith

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Jordan,

Next comes Santo Domingo de la Calzada and 6 k further west the parish albergue in Granon. It is always open in the San Juan Bautista church tower (the only church in Granon). Be sure to stop either for a rest and a refreshing drink or an overnight and communal dinner by the fireplace. It is a GREAT albergue!!

Buen Camino to all of you,

Margaret Meredith

Hi Margeret,

Everyone I speak to is recommending Granon plus we are meeting a friend there so I think we will most likely be spending the night! Plus we have heard Santa Dominigo has a great history so will definately spend some time sight seeing!

Jordan

Hey Jordan, you must be getting near the end of your journey with your mates? Where are you and how has the travelling gone with your packs?
Buen Camino

Hey Jordan, you must be getting near the end of your journey with your mates? Where are you and how has the travelling gone with your packs?
Buen Camino
Hi Cejanus,

We've just left sahagun and on route to somewhere (i'm really bad with names). We're all used to our packs now and even managed a 40km walk yesterday so it's no bother. Really enjoying it so far, think we will reach santiago within the next 2 weeks! We've also bought cowboy hats and branded ourselves the camino cowboys too! HahaImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400144330.087625.jpg

Hope you like it!

Jordan

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Great to hear from you Jordan. Love the cowboy hats - they would certainly keep the sun out of your eyes. Thanks for the photograph. Hey you three amigos look like brothers/cousins. Wow 40 kms awesome! Congrats to the three of you. Your experiences will give you lots to talk about over the years as you move through the journey of life. I don't know you except through this forum and I must admit I am proud of the three of you. Three amigos on a journey of a lifetime looking out for one another. Our world is in safe hands when I see young people like you doing this. Thanks!

Ah Sahagun, heading for Leon. Lots to see there and then you will be getting up into some high country again.

On my Camino I met a young fellow from Denmark who walked 40km and a couple of us shared a meal with him and walked with him for a while and then he was ahead of us. He too was an amazing young man.

Next April I plan to walk ( actually I tend to meander) the Le Puy Camino and hopefully then on to Santiago.

Buen Camino

Last edited:
Great to hear from you Jordan. Love the cowboy hats - they would certainly keep the sun out of your eyes. Thanks for the photograph. Hey you three amigos look like brothers/cousins. Wow 40 kms awesome! Congrats to the three of you. Your experiences will give you lots to talk about over the years as you move through the journey of life. I don't know you except through this forum and I must admit I am proud of the three of you. Three amigos on a journey of a lifetime looking out for one another. Our world is in safe hands when I see young people like you doing this. Thanks!

Ah Sahagun, heading for Leon. Lots to see there and then you will be getting up into some high country again.

On my Camino I met a young fellow from Denmark who walked 40km and a couple of us shared a meal with him and walked with him for a while and then he was ahead of us. He too was an amazing young man.

Next April I plan to walk ( actually I tend to meander) the Le Puy Camino and hopefully then on to Santiago.

Buen Camino

Thanks for the kind message! We have been asked if we are brothers several times (we're not but we sometimes play on the runour). A rumour has also come about that we are ex SAS soldiers which is completely untrue again, but yeah I admit it does sound kind of cool. I too am walking with somebody from denmark. A girl called christine and she's lovely. Also walking with a dutch chef called Mark and another dutch lady called Esther. Making lots of friends so our groups getting bigger!

Sounds like a great plan you have. We're currently in El burgo ranero if that sounds familiar. A small town but it's quite nice! If you'd like to take a look at some pictures and videos from our adventure so far you can by going to www.facebook.com/thedaleway or add me personally under jordan carl jones. I'm trying to get videos edited and uploaded when I get chance but as you can imagine it's quite difficult on the road. Some of my favourite images i've uploaded on to instagram if you have it, under the name jordancarljones.

Thanks for your advice and well wishes. We obviously don't know eachother but through the medium of this forum I can already tell you'd be the sort of person I'd love to walk with and learn more about.

Wish you the best of luck with your future camino!

Jordan

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back