Accessing the Cathedral’s dome

dfox

Dec 14, 2008
Time of past OR future Camino
I am currently in the SdC Cathedral and trying to access its Dome.

Can someone advise me how to get up to the Dome?

I have asked the Cathedral’s security guards, sales clerks in the gift shop, etc. No body can tell me.

Thanks

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Phil W

Dec 14, 2014
Laramie, Wyoming
CF 2016; Hospitalero 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
Last November there was a roof top tour. I did it in July 2016 and saw they still had the tour available in November 2018. Tickets were through the Visitors Office. Show your credential and receive a little bit off the price of the tour.

Last edited:

Bala

Veteran Member
Aug 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
Frances 2015, 2018, 2022
My understanding is that the rooftop tour is canceled until the renovations are done. @dfox let us know what you find out and, if that tour is still on, if it goes to the dome. I did an interior tour last fall of the clerestory level. It was a great tour, with some interesting views and sections. But we didn't go as high up as the dome.

Good luck!

Beeks

Jun 22, 2016
Southern California
(2019) only 2 weeks available! St. Jean PDP - Pamplona, then Sarria - SDC with the family,
Really wanted the rooftop view when I was there last month. Security told me, in Spanish, it was closed during the restoration. Confirmed in English at the gift shop.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Canche

Volcano Climber
Jan 26, 2017
Antigua, Guatemala
Norte/Frances 2016, San Salvador & Primitivo 2021
Last November there was a roof top tour. I did it in July 2016 and saw they still had the tour available in November 2018. Tickets were through the Visitors Office. Show your credential and receive a little bit off the price of the tour.
Roof top tour is great and the underground tour is even better

Reactions: Phil W
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my shoes are pretty down and worn out now with holes in it. As it is rainy these days I won’t make it to Fisterra with dry feet. Can you recommend a good shop for shoes in Santiago...
Hi to all, I'm on the invierno right now and I will be in santiago tomorrow. I realise today I didn't get two stamps per day in the last 100 km. My question is how in the pilgrim office they are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.