• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Virtual tour of the Cathedral in Santiago

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
2009-2022: CFx6, CP, VdlPx2, Mozarabe, more later.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
It is a Galician news site, so it's a good source of news about Santiago. I didn't notice that it was slow.
Sorry about slow it was just my broadband taking a time out but the main item is the portico of glory and it shows a pre 2012 version where there is no wood panel with poor Jesus hanging off the inside but completely open access to put fingers into the holes above James's head. Seems like total misrepresentation.

And for "news" I am sure pilgrims are not interested in who some Spanish movie star is dating
matterport2.png

And for "news" I am sure pilgrims are not interested in who some Spanish movie star is dating
El Correo Galego is a leading Galician newspaper. They publish for their readers in Galicia and in Spain and not for the international internet pilgrim.

The first few lines of this newspaper article say: La Fundación Catedral de Santiago y Global Geosystems se unen en una colaboración con EL CORREO GALLEGO para ofrecer un increíble tour en abierto por la seo compostelana, accesible a todas las personas desde cualquier lugar del mundo.

If you don't know then you can google to learn who the Fundación Catedral de Santiago is, what their role is, and what they have done and what they are doing.

This in indeed a fantastic interactive virtual tour of the Cathedral with great clear images of so many details and of the architecture in general. Thank you, @alexwalker, for alerting us to it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks to OP. Looking at the main altar in 2006, our place was in the right hand chapel.
This captures, for me, the essence of Camino. No amount of words, of reasoning, of argument in its non-combative sense, of posturing, can refute the evidence of the connection of the striving of the human effort to touch the eternal.
Buen camino, peregrina/o!

Most read last week in this forum

The Santiago pilgrim office issued 3,171 Compostelas today. The second time so far this year when the total has been over 3,000. The first was on Good Friday when 3,193 Compostelas were handed out.
Hello, so my plans have slightly changed after completing the Coastal Portuguese and Finisterre/Muxia caminos on June 13. I now have 2 extra days in Santiago and was wondering where I should head...
When I go to the pilgrim office website at the moment I am receiving a warning about the website's security certificates. Same on both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers. And if I disregard...
Hi my name is Bren I have started a daily AA English speaking meeting At 3Rua da Porta da Pena Casa Anglicana 6-7pm daily. Spread the word

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.