Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodations in SJPDP- Sept 19

LBG

Jul 25, 2018
Canada
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 20 2018
Hello All
I was using the search button for accommodations in SJPDP and they were all over a year old. I am going to be in SJPDP next Thursday and arriving by Train around 7:30pm. I am worried that I will get a place to sleep if I leave it until I arrive. I am a solo traveler on my first Camino. Can anyone make suggestions for a place to stay. It doesn't have to be private but after traveling from Canada I think I would like to know where I am sleeping my first night.
Thanks so much!
Deb

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Jan 5, 2015
Brighton UK
Again, soon as possible!
Try booking.com and book online. I'm sure you will find plenty of places.

I've just looked there a loads, from 15 Euro's. Check distance to centre though, some are well out of town

Buen Camino!

Davey

npatz

Sep 5, 2018
first ever
Try booking.com and book online. I'm sure you will find plenty of places.

I've just looked there a loads, from 15 Euro's. Check distance to centre though, some are well out of town

Buen Camino!

Davey
I arrive a few days before Davey,and am feeling the same way...do you have a recommendation of somewhere close to centre?

Thanks all!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Jan 5, 2015
Brighton UK
Again, soon as possible!
I arrive a few days before Davey,and am feeling the same way...do you have a recommendation of somewhere close to centre?

Thanks all!

To be honest I always stay in the Refuge Municipal. It's the cheapest (10 Euro), but you cannot book in advance. But if you wait outside before it opens you will get a bed. It is popular so it fills fast. It is pilgrim only. You can only stay there one night (unless you have walked there).

Don't really know about private accommodation, but look on booking.com (there are other sites available) look at the reviews, prices, and pick one you fancy.

Also worth doing a search on this forum. It gets discussed a lot!

Davey

domigee

Veteran Member
Nov 25, 2013
UK/Spain
2024 Chemin de Vézelay
Arriving late and three of us, I booked ahead at Hotel Itzalpea. Otherwise, non-bookable albergue.
Alternatively, why not stay the night in Bayonne and travel to St Jean in the morning? Leisurely start.

Dorpie

RIP 2019
Apr 9, 2015
Chester UK
Santiago to Finisterre to Muxia 2013
Camino Frances May 2015, July 2017, October 2019
Hi Deb,

Booking ahead is obviously the best way to guarantee yourself a bed, but if for some reason that doesn't work out head immediately for the Pilgrim Office at the top of Rue De La Citaldelle. They close at 8pm on a Thursday so you won't have much time (it's a 5-10 min walk from the station) but once there not only will you be able to get all the information you need for the walk ahead but they'll also have an idea where you can stay that still has places left.

Buen Camino,

Rob.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

tominrm

Apr 29, 2013
Naperville (near Chicago),IL. USA
If you aren't booking a bed in an "albergue" the volunteers of the pilgrim's office will help you to find one. We have all the availabilties of all the albergue of SJPP. Don't be afraid !
Good to know. Thanks. I will, hopefully, be there next May arriving from LePuy.

Reactions: Monasp

LBG

Jul 25, 2018
Canada
Sept 20 2018
thanks so much everyone. I have to admit that i was just so focused on getting there that I didn't pay too much attention to my arrival time. I will check out bookings.com because I don't trust my brain on jetleg. Thanks again!

Reactions: Davey Boyd
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Forum! Just to reassure those starting now and the next week, but I was in Roncesvalles last night and, though full and busy, I talked to the hospitalero who told me, there were still 27 empty...
One death attributed to a heart attack last week. Two pelegrinos gored, one seriously. One broken leg and many ending in Pamplona due to knee and leg and ankle injuries. Is it possible to confirm...
I started out from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on 1 May. It turned out to be an unforgetable day. Above 1,000 m or so it snowed, catching many people unprepared. Later that day "many" walkers were...
Hi everyone -- After walking the Frances from SJpdP last October, I'm planning to revisit the bit between Logrono and Burgos this July, following different stages. It's the section where I had...
I'm flying from the USA to start my Camino this week. I will check my backpack, and to protect it, I will ship it in a plastic storage bin like this one: Rather than shipping the storage bin to...
I arrived in Santiago yesterday aiming to get the bus today from Lavacolla to Samos. Wanted to post as a live from the Camino but couldn’t work out how to do it! I walked Valenca to SDC with 2...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides