• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

ACP International Rail

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Does anyone here have any experience purchasing rail tickets for Spain from ACP International Rail company? They have a great price on a madrid to seville e-ticket.. but have never heard of them.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Annie,

I have lived all over europe for 36 years and i have never heard of this company. Where is this one based? I you need to buy train tickets for spain, get it from renfe online. For france - sncf.

I don't know how young you are, but i have mentioned in other posts about the discounted ticker for the over 60's with a tarjeta dorada.

Be wary about buying train tickets from agencies outside spain, they usually cost more.

Annie, this is a Canadian company, and I think they are reliable. But I didn't see any cheap tickets on their site, the price I got was over $100. Did you get cheap tickets through them?

Piogaw, lucky you to be able to use the RENFE.com website to buy tickets. For people in the US and Canada, it is frequently impossible to use their online ticket service. It has to do with the RENFE system not accepting a lot of US credit cards. In 12 years of Caminos, I have travelled on Spanish trains many times and only once was successful in using their website to buy a ticket. You'll see many threads on this forum about the frustrations of trying to use RENFE online.

There is a great, and very detailed, website on how to buy tickets on RENFE's website, http://www.seat61.com/Spain-trains.htm# ... _for_Spain , but you'll notice that the author states:

"Buying direct from Renfe is the cheapest option, their site works fine for me and always accepts my credit card. But some people have payment problems when using Renfe.com, especially Americans or Australians and other overseas travellers, so before I start to explain Renfe.com's various quirks, just bear in mind that if you have any problems with Renfe,com there's an easy alternative, http://www.petrabax.com/renfe. It's a private agency which has linked its site to the Renfe system, with the official Renfe prices converted to US$. There's a markup, of course, but it's worth bearing in mind if you have problems with Renfe."

Maybe some day these quirks will be fixed, but till then, for me the easiest choice is to buy from Petrabax, or to buy in person with my 40% off Carta Dorada for old folks.

Laurie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back