• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Advice - Los Arcos to......5 days walking - logistics

Vonnie

Time of past OR future Camino
French Way - 2015
Hi All,

My next leg is from Los Arcos. I'm hoping to go back in Sept and as i will be solo this time and no one to shared transfer costs with im trying to figure out best routes for bus and train lines.

So im flying form Dublin - This is what i am thinking
Dublin to Madrid to Pamplona flights (Logrono flight from Madrid is available but its a long day transit in Madrid waiting to get in after 10.30pm)
Bus from Pamplona to Los Arcos
5 days walking gets me to Atapuerc hopefully

(I could route through London but not having a lot of luck with connections there)

Id like to try and transfer to Santander for a day of rest by the sea before flight home from there Or maybe Madrid looks easier to get to by train

Any thoughts very welcome.

Thanks
Yvonne

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Not much help with the start for you, but what about at the end you taxi/bus to Burgos and you can then get the train to Bilbao instead of Santander. Bilbao is a beautiful city, and it's very easy to hop on the Euskotren to somewhere a bit more rural if you want (Mundaka for instance is beautiful). You should then have plenty of options flightwise from Bilbao.

Not much help with the start for you, but what about at the end you taxi/bus to Burgos and you can then get the train to Bilbao instead of Santander. Bilbao is a beautiful city, and it's very easy to hop on the Euskotren to somewhere a bit more rural if you want (Mundaka for instance is beautiful). You should then have plenty of options flightwise from Bilbao.
Thank you, i spent some time in Bilbao last year so id like to see somewhere new. Ill look into Mundaka though for sure

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I took the bus from Madrid airport to Logroño (spectacular scenery) then local bus to Los Arcos.

Hi All,

My next leg is from Los Arcos. I'm hoping to go back in Sept and as i will be solo this time and no one to shared transfer costs with im trying to figure out best routes for bus and train lines.

So im flying form Dublin - This is what i am thinking
Dublin to Madrid to Pamplona flights (Logrono flight from Madrid is available but its a long day transit in Madrid waiting to get in after 10.30pm)
Bus from Pamplona to Los Arcos
5 days walking gets me to Atapuerc hopefully

(I could route through London but not having a lot of luck with connections there)

Id like to try and transfer to Santander for a day of rest by the sea before flight home from there Or maybe Madrid looks easier to get to by train

Any thoughts very welcome.

Thanks
Yvonne
Yvonne
Consider flying in to Bilbao. From there a train will get you to Burgos quite conveniently . Either pick up the Camino or take the bus along the N120 to Logrono

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yes - departures from T4 at 01.15, 09.15, 10.15, 15.15, 17.45, and 19.45,
Journey time 3.45 - 4.15 hours depending on stops.
Look up ALSA, the national bus company. Very comfortable seats, too.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone! Due to my bad knees, I can't walk the Camino Santiago. Instead of going home, I have found that going from Albergue to Albergue to catch up with friends is the camino I have chose...
I am catching an Alsa bus from asturias airport to Oviedo, then from Oviedo to Leon. I have bought the tickets online and was concerned about the short connection time in Oviedo. If I miss the...
Hello, I saw O Lagar de Jesus mentioned in a couple of threads. Looking for input about this place. It caught my eye because of the communal dinner and proximity to Padron. Some questions: 1)...
I am having a bit of difficulty finding an acceptable way to travel from Sdc to Lisbon. Does anyone have some ideas?
Hello all I am in Barcelona for a few days and then will head up to Saint Jean. What is the best way to get to Saint Jean from Barcelona? if I am correct it looks like a train will go to Pomplona...
Hi I am currently in Pedrouzo walking to Santiago tomorrow. I have booked àn apartment for tomorrow night. The apartment owner had just informed me that bag forwarding companies will not drop bags...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back