• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Airport buses - changes to services

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in full.

"Hi John! Important news about the bus connections between the airport and the city that will try to remedy the lack of direct connection some years ago. From next May 24 there will be two connection lines; one will be direct (without intermediate stops) and faster (along the highway) with only two stops: the airport and the intermodal station (bus station) already in the city. Likewise, the route between the intermodal station and the airport will also have only these two stops on this line.

The second bus line will also connect the airport with the intermodal station, maintaining the current route that runs along the conventional road and different streets of the city, but now it will have new features. In order to optimize this line and avoid passenger overloads, on the route between the airport and the city it will not be possible to board the bus at the stops located in the urban area and it will only be possible to get off the bus at these urban stops.

Likewise, on the route between the city and the airport, it will only be possible to board the bus at the stops located in the urban area and it will not be possible to get off the bus except at the few stops located in the rural area or, finally, at the airport.

Therefore, passengers will not be able to use this bus to travel between stops located in the urban area of the city, which will lighten the service and facilitate its use for travelers who use this service between the airport and the various stops in the city.

This will mean that it will not be possible to take the bus at Praza de Galicia to go from the city to the airport (as this stop will become "Arrival stop from the airport"); but it will be possible to take this bus to the airport at the stop located at Rúa do Horreo (very close to Praza de Galicia).

Each of these bus lines will have a frequency of 40 minutes alternating from the airport, so there will be a bus from the airport to the city every 20 minutes.

From the 24th there will be an adaptation period of 15 days in which passengers will be informed about the new rules."

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in full.

"Hi John! Important news about the bus connections between the airport and the city that will try to remedy the lack of direct connection some years ago. From next May 24 there will be two connection lines; one will be direct (without intermediate stops) and faster (along the highway) with only two stops: the airport and the intermodal station (bus station) already in the city. Likewise, the route between the intermodal station and the airport will also have only these two stops on this line.

The second bus line will also connect the airport with the intermodal station, maintaining the current route that runs along the conventional road and different streets of the city, but now it will have new features. In order to optimize this line and avoid passenger overloads, on the route between the airport and the city it will not be possible to board the bus at the stops located in the urban area and it will only be possible to get off the bus at these urban stops.

Likewise, on the route between the city and the airport, it will only be possible to board the bus at the stops located in the urban area and it will not be possible to get off the bus except at the few stops located in the rural area or, finally, at the airport.

Therefore, passengers will not be able to use this bus to travel between stops located in the urban area of the city, which will lighten the service and facilitate its use for travelers who use this service between the airport and the various stops in the city.

This will mean that it will not be possible to take the bus at Praza de Galicia to go from the city to the airport (as this stop will become "Arrival stop from the airport"); but it will be possible to take this bus to the airport at the stop located at Rúa do Horreo (very close to Praza de Galicia).

Each of these bus lines will have a frequency of 40 minutes alternating from the airport, so there will be a bus from the airport to the city every 20 minutes.

From the 24th there will be an adaptation period of 15 days in which passengers will be informed about the new rules."

Probably a silly question, but I'm flying in to Santiago next week and have a coach to Ferrol booked from Santiago main bus station. Is this the same bus station that the airport shuttle ( Linea 24) will drop me off at?
I can't remember if there is more than one bus station in SDC . . 🤔

IIRC the bus station, train station and main taxi rank are all in the same area , a 20 min ? walk south of the cathedral. I've always hopped off there when coming back from Muxia / Finisterre etc. I would assume this to be the bus station.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
IIRC the bus station, train station and main taxi rank are all in the same area , a 20 min ? walk south of the cathedral. I've always hopped off there when coming back from Muxia / Finisterre etc. I would assume this to be the bus station.
Hello, we would need to take the airport bus from Finisterre to Santiago on Tuesday 28 may. Would you know the bus service link? Much appreciated. Marina

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello, we would need to take the airport bus from Finisterre to Santiago on Tuesday 28 may. Would you know the bus service link? Much appreciated. Marina
I posted just above. There is a bus kiosk in Finesterre where you can get tickets or get them online ahead of time if you'd rather.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Everyone, This second Camino seems to be a go, even though I am far from ready! (1st Camino 2016, 2nd attempted 2019, needed surgery then tried for 2020). I still don't have shoes! Lol I...
Hello, I was trying to plan on catching the 4:00 pm Monbus from Samos to Santiago. I can see from the many reviews online this bus company is not reliable and treats customers terribly (denying...
Hi all! Not sure where to post this (moderators, please feel free to move to the correct section if it’s wrong here). Due to a mess up of the Dutch postal service, the parcel I sent home from...
which is the bus to take to cross the town of Burgos and find yourself on the camino francès to the other side of Burgos? what are the stops where to take the bus in Burgos and where to get off...
I purchased a ticket to Muxía from the Monbus website. The email confirmation has a link to “download ticket”, which takes me to a page on their website with my ticket details. However there is no...
Arrive June 1st in Madrid. The only train I can find gets me to Sarria very late in the evening with a 7 hour layover in Ourense. I am looking to get a taxi, private driver or shared ride to Samos...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back