Albergues that have massage therapists?

Jensjaunt

Apr 10, 2023
🇨🇦 Canada
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept Oct - Camino Francis
Hello- I am doing the Camino Francis and would like to hear from recent walkers what Albergues they found that offered some massage or physio services? I have read somewhere that some do so would like to plan for shorter days so I could use this service every week if possible along the way! Trying to keep my 64yr old joints going strong! Many thanks for any tips, or names and locations of practitioners you found helpful! - am starting at SJPD! Jen

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

good_old_shoes

Veteran Member
Jun 1, 2015
Francés ('15, '19)
Via Coloniensis ('16)
Trier-Nancy + Le Puy-Fisterra ('17)
Aragonés ('18)
The municipal albergue in los Arcos (albergue Isaac Santiago) has one coming in. At least that was still the case last year. You could book an appointment when you checked in.

Reactions: Jensjaunt
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

cosan

Dec 27, 2015
july 2016
Hello- I am doing the Camino Francis and would like to hear from recent walkers what Albergues they found that offered some massage or physio services? I have read somewhere that some do so would like to plan for shorter days so I could use this service every week if possible along the way! Trying to keep my 64yr old joints going strong! Many thanks for any tips, or names and locations of practitioners you found helpful! - am starting at SJPD! Jen
I had a very good leg and foot massage from Sebastián in Albergue Jakue in Puente de Reina. He was very professional. It cost e30 and was well worth it,

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

joramos

Open Minds Learn & Understand
May 2, 2020
US
Camino Frances: (27Sep22 SJPDP-15Nov22 SDC)
Try Albergue/Pension Santa Brigida in Hontanas. They have a massage spa and probably a therapist. Buen Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

HappyValerie

Jul 14, 2019
Australia
Camino Frances (2017)
Camino Le Puy to SJPP(or however far I get) (2020)
Both Bruno & his wife, the hospitaleros in the Italian Albergue San Bruno, Moratinos, are qualified massage therapists.
Absolutely rejuvenating! The Camino provided perfectly!!!!
( They are great chefs, too!)

CWBuff

Veteran Member
Mar 5, 2019
Willow Grove, PA
Frances & Finisterre 05-07/22 Fran 26? d Nort 27?
Albergue Estrella Guia in Puerta la Reigna has a private masseuse they work with and can arrange a session for you.
Unfortunately the name of albergue escapes me but it's the one in Villafranca Montes de Oca- all private rooms.
The owner Christina is a certified masseuse

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I wasn’t sure where to post this so mods feel free to move it. This year I’ve had more than one person in my group complain because the pork they ordered was “raw” and they have sent it back to...
[Moderators, feel free to move this if I posted in the wrong place.] What does it take to be able to walk a Camino after a heart problem? I guess I will see for myself. Tomorrow morning I am...
I am about three weeks out on the Norte averaging close to 30 to 35 kms and at this point aside from blisters, I haven’t had a lot of physical issues. I have one week left with a flight booked...
There's always somebody posting about dropping out, or taking a break because they're injured, myself included. There seems to have been a few more than usual just lately, although perhaps that's...
I've just returned from the San Salvador/Primitivo and have got Giardia from drinking untreated Water. I filled a bottle in Tineo as the Bar owner said it was good water/better than his Tap. There...
Hello my name is Brenda. I walked the Portuguese Way the past 2 years. This year I am in Santiago establishing. daily English speaking AA meeting. We meet daily 6 pm Casa Anglicana 3 Rua da Porta...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.