Jun 23, 2006
Dublin Ireland
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Norte
Portuguese
Le Puy to SJPDP
Hi folks
Current onCamino Portugese. In Azambuja and see a note on door of Alburgue to say that it will be closed seery Sunday from July 5th to end of September. There is another possibility in Azumbuja but not to good and expensive €30.
Next Accom is approximately 13 km further on in a Casa.
Thought I would pass this on.

Peter

Reactions: La Barre
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

La Barre

Feb 20, 2012
Texas
C. Frances, Roncesvalles to SdC 2010
C. Frances, SJPDP to Sdc 2012
C.Frances,SJPDP to Finisterre 2014
C.Portuguese, Lisbon to SdC(hopscotch) Sept. 2015
C. Frances SJPDP to Muxia 2017
Thank you for this, very good to know. I will be starting in Lisbon Sept. 21st.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Feb 22, 2015
Kansas City, MO, USA
Portugal route from Lisbon in May (2015)
Via de la Plata from Seville in April-May 2017
If that mercado with the key is closed on Sunday, I can understand this. They need a better system. I had issues with this albergue in May. There were 3 of us together that day. We could not find Jacinto - got tired and gave up. Flora wasn't 30 Euros as stated in Brierley's. At least not our rooms. 20 Euros for 1 of us in 1 room, 1 bed. 15 E each for 2 of us in 1 room with 2 beds. I think about 5 others stayed at the Bombeiros.
See this link https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/azambaja-alburgue-not-open.33347/

Reactions: Albertinho

Most read last week in this forum

I just heard from José Luis of the Via Lusitana that they have opened a pilgrim office in Lisbon. It only opens in the afternoons — every day, from 2:30 PM to 6:00 PM. It is a small room in the...
Last night the skies over the Camino Portugués lit up in the most incredible way. It was a mystery to me until I saw the headlines this morning that a meteor had flown overhead. Did anybody else...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides