• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

anyone starting on the 21st aug

jackie20

Hi I'm starting from SJPdP on my own. I thought my panic had peaked a week ago but ...!
Is anyone starting on the same day? I have reserved a bed in L'Espirit du Chemin
Jackie x

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi Jackie.

My dad and I will also be starting on the 21st. We are from Miami Florida and are of Spanish/cuban descent and naturally fluent in spanish and English. We are flying into madrid on the 20th early am. We are staying in L'spirit on the night of the 20th and will be having a very easy 1st day (the 21st) by stopping at Orisson(hopefully if we can square away our reservations).

I am sure our paths will cross. If you want send me a pm and we can chat some more. We plan on a walking all the way to finisterre and possibly muxia. Our completion date at the other end is october 4.

Don't panic it seems all you have to do is put one foot in front of the other about a gagillion times and the camino does the rest.

Buen Camino,

Xavier y Rafael

Hi Xavier thanks for replying, It would be great to see you at L'Esprit, and to know im not the only one starting 21st and taking the first day easy
jackie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Jackie - i'm starting a day later than you but I know how you feel.I think there is a little trepidation for all of us first timers but i've heard everyone kinda looks out for each other along the way.This is the impression i've got from the Forum anyway - all the best - kiwiDavid

I'll be arriving in SJPDP on the 21st, but I'll be heading out the next day. Starting to get some pre travel jitters because it's getting so close now and each day I keep thinking of new things that I absolutely must bring but probably won't end up needing. Today I bought a titanium spork! :V

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Jackie20,

Don't be concerned about being alone. One of the books I read talked about the Camino being about
"Solitude and Solidarity" (sorry I can't give proper credit). I found this to be the case all along. I walked from SJPdP as far as Leon last week in April first two weeks of April. I am not in good physical shape (although I lost 10 lbs and one pant size down) and was determined to be the last pilgrim to arrive each day. I got to meet a lot more people this way and always was asked if I needed any help.
The spork is a great way to conserve space. You should wear your boots and carry your pack everywhere you can possibly take it during the next week. This will allow you to find any problems with your boots before you leave and carrying things on your back makes you realize what you can leave behind before your arrive in Spain and have to waste time (although they were very accommodating at the Post Office) mailing things either ahead or home. Buen Camino
bklyntraveller

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back