• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone walking the Camino Portuguese?

PEI_Heather

Canadian Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2016 - Voie de la Nive
2012, 2016 - Frances
2013 - Portuguese
2012, 2013 - Finesterre & Muxia
Hi, I'm Heather from PEI, Canada. Two of my Camino friends who I met last year on the Frances trail and I are walking the Camino Portuguese in October. We'll be starting out on 13 Oct (Sunday) and heading north to Santiago for no later than 7 November (Thursday). I don't know yet if we'll be taking the coastal or the inland route--that's to be discussed when we all land in Lisbon on the 11th and 12th (in 16 days!)!

Is anyone here walking this route at this time? Perhaps we'll meet up. Someone told me yesterday that it's not that well traveled, but perhaps there'll be a few of us out there. (Besides the few of us--me, Sheila and Sebastian!)

Buen Camino!
PEI_Heather

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Heather,
My daughter and I are heading out from Porto on the 9th October and taking the coastal route. We have allowed 14 days to walk, but we have a couple more weeks in Spain afterwards so we won't be in a rush!

It sounds as though we will miss each other, but I hope you have a great Camino!

Cheers Ella

Hi Ella! You never know; we are pretty fast walkers so may just bump into you! (If not on the Camino then at the end anyway!)

If not, buen Camino and may the sun shine on you instead of pounding rain!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We are walking the coastal route from Porto, starting 12 October. Since we live at the outer reaches of Cape Cod we feel at home with the sea by our side (many of our local fishermen and neighbors are from towns along this route and the boats in our harbor have born their names). Walked the inland route last May from Barcelos (our first night at warm & gracious Casa Fernanda) and despite several days of rain, had a wonderful journey. We look forward to this next Caminho ... beginning on my 66th birthday!

We are walking the coastal route from Porto, starting 12 October. Since we live at the outer reaches of Cape Cod we feel at home with the sea by our side (many of our local fishermen and neighbors are from towns along this route and the boats in our harbor have born their names). Walked the inland route last May from Barcelos (our first night at warm & gracious Casa Fernanda) and despite several days of rain, had a wonderful journey. We look forward to this next Caminho ... beginning on my 66th birthday!

If you are from Cape Cod, HaikuTaxi, you never know--we might be related! Hahaha! Lots of Canadian Maritimers went to (what we call) the Boston States in the late 1800s to the 1940s to find work and remained in Maine and the other New England states.

We are starting from Lisboa on 13 October so will be well behind you. Too bad! If we decide to take the coastal way, leave some markers (yellow arrows anyone!) that you were there! We still have to discuss our route but, I'm like you, born by the ocean so feel more at home with the ocean close by than not. I wouldn't mind doing the coastal route.

I'll wish you a feliz aniversário here and now! Walking the Caminho is a grand way to celebrate it. It was my original reason last year to walk but I discovered even before I left that it was not the only reason... We (my Camigos and I) landed in Santiago on 9 November, walked to Finisterre and Muxia then took the bus back to Santiago on 13 November, to celebrate my 50th birthday on that day! This year I don't know where I'll be on the day--I leave on the 14th for Paris, so may spend the day before in Santiago, maybe in Porto or who knows. It'll all be good!

Buen Caminho!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

On the Camino Del Norte. Surprised by the amount of pilgrims. Many mature pilgrims, like myself with a few Caminos under their belt, mostly appear to be staying in hotels. If staying in hotels be...
Hi I just joined and will be doing a solo walk from SJPP to Finisterre in May Jun 2025... long time to go yet but VV excited ... will be finalising dates and flights from Canberra as soon as...
For those of you who are using the ATM colour chart. One bank is suggested at less than 2 Euro when in fact was 4.50 Euro per withdrawal
Hello Pilgrims, I am Brendan an Australian Scot. I am new to the forum, but not new to the Camino. On Tuesday May 28 I will start on my seventh Camino the Norte from San Sebastián. I will try and...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.
Oh oh oh, After more then seven and a half weeks of rain in Belgium and France, last week weather is better, I walked into Irun today! 🙏 Feels like the last nine weeks my life was in a fridge but...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back