• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arco de Caparra hotel transfer

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2017
Primitivo 2019
Norte September (2022)
Be careful when you organise a transfer from the Arca de Caparra (Via’s emblem) to one of the three hotels in Jarilla. The guide books we are using state that you will be picked up at ARCA DE CAPARRA/SHELTER. There was also an advertisement at accommodation in Carcaboso for Hostal Asturias in Jarilla, which stated the same thing. The shelter is actually on the other end of the complex of ruins from the Arca de Caparra, which you cannot see when you arrive. Currently, makeshift fences are in place all around the complex, that are locked at certain times, isolating you from making your way to the designated pickup point. We arrived at Arca de Caparra at 2pm and called the arranged hotel to advise we were ready to be picked up. We did not realise we were at the wrong location, due to the fact that the fence gate was locked and there was no signage at all. Hence, we could not verify if we were at the correct location. There is a new small building being constructed near the Arca, which we mistakenly assumed was a new shelter. Three phone calls later, and with help from a Spanish man, the transfer vehicle finally picked us up at 16:45.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Be careful when you organise a transfer from the Arca de Caparra (Via’s emblem) to one of the three hotels in Jarilla. The guide books we are using state that you will be picked up at ARCA DE CAPARRA/SHELTER. There was also an advertisement at accommodation in Carcaboso for Hostal Asturias in Jarilla, which stated the same thing. The shelter is actually on the other end of the complex of ruins from the Arca de Caparra, which you cannot see when you arrive. Currently, makeshift fences are in place all around the complex, that are locked at certain times, isolating you from making your way to the designated pickup point. We arrived at Arca de Caparra at 2pm and called the arranged hotel to advise we were ready to be picked up. We did not realise we were at the wrong location, due to the fact that the fence gate was locked and there was no signage at all. Hence, we could not verify if we were at the correct location. There is a new small building being constructed near the Arca, which we mistakenly assumed was a new shelter. Three phone calls later, and with help from a Spanish man, the transfer vehicle finally picked us up at 16:45.
Hello, Sandra, very helpful information. Might you have what3words or a GPS pin for the designated pickup point? (In September I hope to use it!)
Thanks, Ferga

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Ferga,
Do they use that App in Spain? I have suggested the What3Words app to people back home in Australia and many have not heard of it .
Hi, Rita. Yes, the walk is an option - I think about 6km - but I had already booked the pick up the previous night and was nursing a hip injury and trying to keep the distance to a minimum until I recovered.
Just hope the information helps others when they might make the same arrangements at the Arco.
The walk out of Jarilla using the natural way along the railway corridor (Via Verde) is lovely - well worth it.

Most read last week in this forum

On the stone pillars, there are 3 languages. 1st is Spanish of course and the 3rd is Arabic (says road to palata). Anyone know what the second language is?
First, this was my fourth Camino and was the most consistently beautiful walk I've done. Hilly, varied and so scenic! My daughter and I walked from Puebla de Sanabria to Santiago Apr. 14 - May 2...
Hi All, Today I made it to Seville, Auckland, LAX,Frankfurt, a night at Madrid airport which was actually quite an OK experience. The whole time traveling felt pretty surreal and I managed to...
Last year I started the Via de la Plata in Seville with my friend Tom from Sydney whom I met at a yoga studio in Chiang Mai, Thailand. We and his girlfriend Julie walked the Camino Frances my...
I don’t know if the legend of pico Sacro is common knowledge on the Forum, but here is my simplistic understanding. Saint James’s two disciples arrived from the holy land looking for a place to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back