Average daily expenses on the Le Puy

Cleenjones

CF 2022 Le Puy 2023
Feb 14, 2018
Canada
Time of past OR future Camino
CF: September 2022
Le Puy: September 2023
Hi there, I’m planning on walking from Le Puy en Velay to SJPP this Fall (departing in early September) as a solo walker. I understand that this route is more expensive than the Frances, but I’m wondering just how much more expensive! Last year I averaged about 60 Euro per day on the Frances (25 for accommodations, 15 for a pilgrims dinner, 15 for lunch & coffees etc, and 5 for other)

Any insights on the cost differential between the two routes would be much appreciated.

Many thanks & Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

amandurr

Aug 8, 2021
Canada
How exciting! I walked around the same time last year (end of August into October) and found my total expenses for the day were pretty close to what you listed.

At first glance the gites seem a bit more expensive, but they're honestly an incredible deal. They generally include demi-pension, so your dinner and breakfast are covered, and the food is well worth it - I had a hard time leaving France! I kept track - my average per night (generally in shared rooms, almost always with dp) was ~36.5 euros.

Jun 1, 2016
Fr (17), Prim (19), CF/Norte ‘21, Le Puy/Inv22
Yes, last October I averaged about 40 euros for gîtes with DP and another 15-20 for breakfast and lunch should be plenty. I would say 60 euros is safe if prices hold ( which is a big “if” due to inflation and severe energy increase in costs)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Vagabonder

Jul 10, 2019
Tennessee
Le Puy to SJPP (2019/21)
Camino Primitivo (2022)
I’m walking le Chemin du Puy currently and spending as average of€40 a night demi-pension. As that includes breakfast and dinner, all I need to pay for otherwise is something for lunch, usually a piece of fruit and a morsel of cheese, I eat a lot at breakfast and dinner. And often stop for a coffee on the way. Sitting at a café now having a glass of wine at €1,50, prices very reasonable in the villages.

Most read last week in this forum

I am very interested in walking from Le Puy to St. Jean in July. I've completed several other Caminos, so I am afraid I'm a little too casual with my prep for this one. I going to spend the next...
Hi! I'm new here and to the Camino, but trying to take advantage of a last minute opportunity to get off work for about 3 weeks including travel. I had hoped to do Le Puy to Cahors including the...
Hi, Can anybody recommend a Gite in Gramat? There seem to be a good number of places to stay, but I would like something near the GR if that's possible. A place oriented toward walkers would be...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides