Avoiding drop off area before Laredo

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

grayland

Veteran Member
Dec 29, 2008
Tucson, Arizona
Time of past OR future Camino
Yes
I don't recall any area that is dangerous or scary.....as long as the normal path is taken. I supose it is possible to go off trail and get near a cliff somewhere..but certainly not something most people do. The Norte is a very safe and normal route that is pretty much just a long walk.

I am not sure what the "drop off" is near Laredo. It may be that you have been reading some blogs/guides that over dramatize portions of the route. At least, this is my recollection.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

grayland

Veteran Member
Dec 29, 2008
Tucson, Arizona
Time of past OR future Camino
Yes
We’re on the Norte now but I’m scratching my head over “drop off area.” Can you provide more info? Can’t find anything on my photos...

We chickened out on the beach walk from Berria to Noja but had a nice walk along the road.

The beach route (over the sand dune) was interesting when we walked there....an unexpected full nudist beach..pretty crowded...we did look a bit strange in our camino clothes and packs walking through the sun bathers. :cool::cool:

One of the odder times we have experience on our many camino walks.

Most read last week in this forum

We are cycling and are two people, currently in Santander. We ideally want to book a double room. However we are finding the prices shown on Gronze are sometimes substantially higher when we make...
We are about to start our first Camino tomorrow morning and, after much getting lost, we are relaxing on our very comfortable beds at Hotel Urdanibia Park. My question is, do we start from where...
Hi, Im currently on the CDN at Sam Martin de Laspa. Has anyone done the Mountain route recently between Soto de Luina and Cadavedo. Some guides say it’s impassable but others say it’s not? Would...
Hi Everyone, As a follow up of my post https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-del-norte-smaller-stages-baggage-transport.85025/#post-1225909, here is the feedback from my first...
I just want to share with you, This Friday I will be off to CDN. It's very special because I have cancelled it twice in the past due to events out of my control. This will be my first Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides