• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

B & B in Madrid + which station to pamplona

Serendipidy

Hi Guys !
I have booked my flights to Madrid from New Zealand, can anyone recomend an Alburgue or B & B in Madrid near to the railway station I need to go to Pamplona, ? which station as well !

Serendipidy

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You are ahead in your game!
I arrived at the Madrid airport about 9:00 pm and wanted to take the train to Burgos.
I didn't even know Madrid had a subway, and it connected to the airport.

Solved the problem by looking helpless and asking many people. I would lock on to the first instruction in their long answers, follow it, and then ask another person.
Found a reasonable hotel and caught the train in the morning.
Can't remember the name of the hotel, or subway stops.

If nobody answers your question, you can use my "dumb gringo" method.

Good Luck
David, Victoria, Canada

While not a B&B we stayed in the Hostal Bruna on Calle de MoratĂ­n, 50
Telephone 914 294 701 this past May. I found this place by going through some of the older posts on this forum. It is clean, quiet, reasonably priced for its location, and it is very near the Atocha train station. There are more than enough eateries in the neighborhood so you won't go hungry. Good luck and have a good Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
skilsaw said:
....I didn't even know Madrid had a subway, and it connected to the airport.....

Of course, Madrid has a big, fast, secure, modern subway, in my opinion one of the best in the world!

After visiting the subway in cities like New York, London, Paris, Milan, etc ... I can say, it's really great! The best choice to go from the airport to any bus station, touristic place, etc!

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid,Spain

Los Amigos albergues
http://www.losamigoshostel.com/b/english/index.htm
They are backpacker’s hostels that offer a 4 person dorm, 6 - 9 bed dorm f
Los Amigos Opera and Los Amigos Sol.
At Los Amigos Sol you will pay 24 euro for a 4 bed dorm, 21 euro for a 10 bed dorm, 24 euro for a 6 bed with bathroom. Friday and Saturday costs more.

Welcome Hostel 90 rooms up to 4 beds single and double. From 13.90€ http://www.hwelcome.com/quienessomos.php?i=eng

You can get the bus or train to Pamplona.

Bus: ALSA bus from Avenida de America bus station http://www.alsa.es There is one at 10h30 that gets you to Pamplona at 15h00 - costs about 28 euro

Train: Renfe - from Atosha station

I am one of those who has stayed in Hostal Bruna in Madrid. It is in a great location, right across the paseo de la Castellana from the Prado, and adjacent to a great eating out neighborhood. It's a few blocks to the Atocha train station. It's a basic no frills place -- very clean and very quiet and the family running it is "muy simpatica."

If you book it on hostelworld.com you will get much cheaper rates than if you book through the Bruna directly -- I think a room for one person is 25E most nights, which is pretty unbeatable considering it has a private bath.

Buen camino, Laurie

p.s. I have probably told this story before, but I try to recommend this place whenever I can because they really helped my son out in a pinch last year. He was pickpocketed the night before his flight, leaving him with no credit card, no cash. They were very reassuring and calming -- gave him money to get to the airport and told him to send payment later.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
On the Camino Del Norte. Surprised by the amount of pilgrims. Many mature pilgrims, like myself with a few Caminos under their belt, mostly appear to be staying in hotels. If staying in hotels be...
Hi I just joined and will be doing a solo walk from SJPP to Finisterre in May Jun 2025... long time to go yet but VV excited ... will be finalising dates and flights from Canberra as soon as...
For those of you who are using the ATM colour chart. One bank is suggested at less than 2 Euro when in fact was 4.50 Euro per withdrawal
Hello Pilgrims, I am Brendan an Australian Scot. I am new to the forum, but not new to the Camino. On Tuesday May 28 I will start on my seventh Camino the Norte from San Sebastián. I will try and...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.