• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Baggage transfer from all hotels or just some?

Lewangen

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2024
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific hotels/hostels in Ponferrada. If our location is not on the list, do we have to take the luggage to a hotel on the list in the morning? What about if we are staying at a remote location, outside a major town. Is this "list" of pick up and drop off locations the only places to transfer luggage on the entire route?

Thank you for your help.
Lynn

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Any hotel that is actually on the Camino will have pack transport. You don’t really need to organize it in advance - all the companies have a system for booking day by day: usually you complete an envelope which you attach to your pack and they do the rest.

For remote locations, you may have to arrange a special pickup (at an extra special price) or even a taxi service to transport your bag. Not all companies serve all accommodations, nor do all accommodations have access to this service, especially remote ones. Your best bet is to ask each accommodation for their advice on this topic as I am sure they deal with this regularly

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You can email Correos and ask them whether they can pick up at your location. The fact it isn’t on the list doesn’t necessarily mean they won’t go there. It may be that they will just need the contact information for where you are staying to confirm someone will be there for delivery and pickup. I used Correos last year and found them to be very responsive to emails.

I use NCS bag transfer. They speak English. They (and other transfer companies) leave their envelopes in hotels and albergues. NCS charges 6 euro that you slip in the envelope and attach to your bag. On the envelope you write the destination of the bag. You must contact them via phone call or WhatsApp the day before. Even late. It’s Spain.

You can email Correos and ask them whether they can pick up at your location.
I have also found Correos very responsive to emails, so drop them a line. Have you double-checked their drop-down list? Sometimes the name of the hotel / hostal / hostel is written differently.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
There has been some discussion about getting one way tickets to have more flexibility. Unfortunately I had to cut my Camino short because I was getting shin splints. Because I had a flexible...
Hello fellow pilgrims, we are starting the Norte on June 7. Any advice on the best way to get to San Sabastian from Madrid? Thank you in advance for your help.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back