Bed bugs?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

redjeep63

Feb 25, 2012
We were there in June,we have sheets,and pillow cases bought from Sierra Outfitters,specifically for bedbugs.
We never saw any bugs,not a flying or crawling bug in any alburghee or Hotel or Hostel.
We did check in, make our beds put our pillow cases on every night. Several places just remake beds, without laundrying kinda gross. But nary a bug!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
D

Deleted member 3000

The Ughbug looks very interesting, and is light weight and inexpensive. The magnifying glass is a bit silly -- if you see a bedbug you will know with your naked eye. There are other UV flashlights that will do the same thing.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001VZC5LA/?tag=casaivar02-20

The UV light will highlight lots of other things as well, fluids for example, so be prepared for a lesson on camino hygeine! Use one in a standard U.S. motel, and you won't want to touch anything in the room, particularly the TV remote control.

Reactions: Tamas
Aug 14, 2013
Port Orange, Florida and Syracuse, New York
Time of past OR future Camino
Francis SJPDP-SDC (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) , Norte 2018
Pilgrim Office 2018, Hospitalero Acebo 2019
I just purchased some Permethrin for spraying on my sheets and back pack before I leave the US. Any thoughts on me taking this can of aerosol spray with me to spray on my Albergue mattress for bed bugs? I understand that I may not be able to take an aerosol on-board in luggage or carry on. Thx

D

Deleted member 3000

You should be a bit concerned about spraying someone else's abode. I doubt you would want strangers spraying chemicals in your home!

Your equipment treatment will last the entire camino. If you take the aerosol, which probably won't make it through security, spray outdoors away from people, animals, and fish.

Reactions: Tamas
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Aug 14, 2013
Port Orange, Florida and Syracuse, New York
Time of past OR future Camino
Francis SJPDP-SDC (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) , Norte 2018
Pilgrim Office 2018, Hospitalero Acebo 2019
You should be a bit concerned about spraying someone else's abode. I doubt you would want strangers spraying chemicals in your home!

Your equipment treatment will last the entire camino. If you take the aerosol, which probably won't make it through security, spray outdoors away from people, animals, and fish.
Hi Falcon, Yes I agree. I would not want to do that with over spray. I will just go with spraying my equipment before I go, wash it once then not use it until I get there. Thanks for the reply.
Ed

Most read last week in this forum

As I walked to Calzadilla de la Cueza today (long straight road), probably prompted by noisy torch-bearing pilgrims who got up at 4:20am (5 o’clock is bad enough, but seriously? We couldn’t leave...
I have noticed a few threads about cards and with drawing money. For me as a UK citizen with the top 3 overseas cards, Chase, Clarirty and Barclay card, the main issue is where to find low fee ATM...
I found this interesting, and thought others might too...
Hi Guys. I plan to walk the Camino (811km) next spring. I need suggestions from pilgrims who have walked and are still walking the Camino this April. How was the weather? Did you have too many...
I'm at the airport, suddenly being nostalgic. If you had to choose one sello as your most valuable, why would it be that one? Could be a religious or spiritual experience, the people you met...
My wife and I just walked into Santiago this morning. We started in SJPdP to Pamplona to San Sebastian to Oviedo and then here to Santiago. As we walked around this morning we stopped and had a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.