Bought my ticket. Spain here I come.

FRM

How do you walk the Camino? One step at a time.
Jun 9, 2017
USA
Time of past OR future Camino
C.F. 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021
C.P. 2022
So I’ve finally committed to walking the France. Purchased tickets yesterday. Iberia had a great price on a round trip Premium Economy ticket from my Charlotte NC for $1000. I depart September 9. I’ll have 19 days and plan walking from Burgos to Sarria. This allows me to hit my favorite parts of the Camino: Burgos, the mesita, and a chunk of Galicia. I’m vaccinated, a healthy 61 y/o, and Spain appears to be a good deal safer than the southern United States. Also, with variants and the global situation I’m not convinced that Covid won’t be an issue for years to come. Time to go start laying out my gear!

best,
frm

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
May 3, 2012
Fredericksburg VA USA
First one in 1977 by train. Many since then by foot. Next one ASAP.
This allows me to hit my favorite parts of the Camino: Burgos, the meseta, and a chunk of Galicia.

Ditto, mine too -- but I'd add Logrono and the walk to Chicken Town.
I depart September 9.

In Burgos on September 14 there will be a grand religious procession though downtown, with the Cristo de Burgos. Very much worth seeing if you can.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

FRM

How do you walk the Camino? One step at a time.
Jun 9, 2017
USA
C.F. 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021
C.P. 2022
In Burgos on September 14 there will be a grand religious procession though downtown, with the Cristo de Burgos. Very much worth seeing if you can.
I would love to see something like that. One year I’m going to plan my Camino around festivals and religious holidays. Unfortunately I will be 4 days out of Burgos on the 14th. Thanks for the info though.

frm

Reactions: Sue127 and Kanga

David with new Kit!

Jul 10, 2019
England, UK
2019, 2021, 2022
Ditto, mine too -- but I'd add Logrono and the walk to Chicken Town.

I'll be there for my two day stopover on the 14th - Thanks for this top tip 👍

Reactions: Sue127

keith duke scott

Apr 28, 2014
Last camino Norte 2017
Next camino 2022?
So I’ve finally committed to walking the France. Purchased tickets yesterday. Iberia had a great price on a round trip Premium Economy ticket from my Charlotte NC for $1000. I depart September 9. I’ll have 19 days and plan walking from Burgos to Sarria. This allows me to hit my favorite parts of the Camino: Burgos, the mesita, and a chunk of Galicia. I’m vaccinated, a healthy 61 y/o, and Spain appears to be a good deal safer than the southern United States. Also, with variants and the global situation I’m not convinced that Covid won’t be an issue for years to come. Time to go start laying out my gear!

best,
frm
Great! Have a wonderful time buen camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Forum! Just to reassure those starting now and the next week, but I was in Roncesvalles last night and, though full and busy, I talked to the hospitalero who told me, there were still 27 empty...
Walking the Camino Frances, since the 16th there has been a lot of mud on the trail but doable until today on the way to Pamplona! It got very difficult with the mud on the pass high up beside...
I started out from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on 1 May. It turned out to be an unforgetable day. Above 1,000 m or so it snowed, catching many people unprepared. Later that day "many" walkers were...
I'm flying from the USA to start my Camino this week. I will check my backpack, and to protect it, I will ship it in a plastic storage bin like this one: Rather than shipping the storage bin to...
Hi everyone -- After walking the Frances from SJpdP last October, I'm planning to revisit the bit between Logrono and Burgos this July, following different stages. It's the section where I had...
Just after 9am this morning I turned the last corner of the Camino Frances and stood in front of the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela!! It's been 33 days since I left Saint Jean Pied de Port...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.