• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buen Camino from the Netherlands

Uracca

My name is Deborah, 25 years old, and I'm planning to walk the Camino next spring from León to Santiago de Compostela. I expect to leave on May 29 2010 to Madrid and take a train from there to León and to arrive in Santiago on June 18, on my birthday. I find the the planning for my trip already exhiting and can't wait until I can book my planetickets for then it's really getting close.
I hope to get usefull tips and tricks from my fellow-peregrinos on the forum.
See you on the camino!!!
Love, Deborah

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Welcome to the Forum, Deborah.

Good luck as you prepare!

Your schedule looks very achievable. Leon to Santiago is 12 to 15 days walking, averaging 21 to 26 kms per day. Add a rest day, a day in Stantiago, and a couple days of travel at each end and that's your holiday.

Good luck again.
David, Victoria, Canada.

skilsaw said:
Welcome to the Forum, Deborah.

Good luck as you prepare!

Your schedule looks very achievable. Leon to Santiago is 12 to 15 days walking, averaging 21 to 26 kms per day. Add a rest day, a day in Stantiago, and a couple days of travel at each end and that's your holiday.

Good luck again.
David, Victoria, Canada.

Hi Deborah,

Even, I would say, you have enough time to walk to Finisterre if you are interested in.

Buen Camino, enjoy it.

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Prepare for your next Camino on California's Santa Catalina Island, Oct 27 to Nov 2
"Even, I would say, you have enough time to walk to Finisterre if you are interested in." Javier.

Yes, if your walk is going well you should consider this. Investitigate before you leave home just in case. The information on this site is sufficient.

Buen Camino.

Uracca said:
I hope to get usefull tips and tricks from my fellow-peregrinos on the forum.
Love, Deborah

Deborah,

Don't know if you have booked a plane already otherwise you could consider to book a Ryanair flight from Brussel to Valladolid and from Valladolid to Leon you can easily take a train.
Succes met je voorbereiding!

paul

Goedemorgen Deborah,

Will be walking the same way as you are next year. Leon to Santiago, leaving end April 2011,
Looking forward how you are doing!
Buen Camino!

Groeten uit Gemert

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings fellow travelers, I am hoping to do my first international trip at 57 and solo to walk the Camino Primitivo in mid-July. I want to book the trip through either Santiago Ways or Camino...
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...
I'll be volunteering in Santiago July 01- July 15 this year with the Camino Companions who offer services for the English speaking pilgrims, announcements at mass, English Mass at the Pilgrim's...
Hi my name is Bryce (Australian) and I’m doing the Camino Frances starting September 15. My wife is 57 years old and was born without her left thigh bone. She can wear a prosthetic leg for very...
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back