• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino da Costa Porto-Santiago with the family

Joeri

Time of past OR future Camino
2015: Astorga-Santiago
216 Easter: Porto-Santiago
Hi you all,
last year I walked the Camino Francès from Astorga to Compostela with a Swiss friend. This year - based on my enthousiastic stories- we will walk the Camino da Costa from Porto to Compostela with wife and kids. The 3 boys are 17, 14 and 13 yo. They are boyscouts all 3 ;-) We like adventure, so it will be great fun I guess. If anybody has some advice for us on which route to take, please do so. We are thinking about walking along the ocean. Anybody with suggestions? Hope to meet some of you there. We start at the Porto cathedral on Sunday morning 27th March. Regards to you all, Joeri

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi you all,
last year I walked the Camino Francès from Astorga to Compostela with a Swiss friend. This year - based on my enthousiastic stories- we will walk the Camino da Costa from Porto to Compostela with wife and kids. The 3 boys are 17, 14 and 13 yo. They are boyscouts all 3 ;-) We like adventure, so it will be great fun I guess. If anybody has some advice for us on which route to take, please do so. We are thinking about walking along the ocean. Anybody with suggestions? Hope to meet some of you there. We start at the Porto cathedral on Sunday morning 27th March. Regards to you all, Joeri
Welcome Joeri! At the moment there is an interesting thread going on about option between Porto and Santiago and I am taking notes. It's titled Porto Santiago 1/2nd Sept".

Hi and welcome Joeri!

For a route recommandation, you might consider the one outlined in this sheet - it also contains places to sleep along the route

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...df-route-portugues-route-monacal-coastal.404/

On the second sheet of the GoogleDoc "Version and info" you can see the actual route - it looks quite similar to the one you're planning. Actually I think that Route Monacal is the same as the coastal route from Porto.

There's also a link to the used gps coordinates if you would use them as backup for your trip. I'll still be on the route when you start!

bom caminho
Christian

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The Coastal is a great walk.

Fully recommend it.

Hi you all,
Hey, sounds good i am starting the same day as you but from porto airport. Will choice on the day if i go via the ocean or the main path, i believe the ocean path isnt very good in the wind, sand blasting. I am walking with my 13 year old soon, We hope to get to Santiargo by Monday 4th, will see

Hope you have a great camino..

Chris

Uk

Hi you all,

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi I am planning to walk from Porto to Santiago on March 19th. I was thinking of taking the coastal route the first day . Is this marked with arrows does any one know?

Hi and welcome Joeri!

For a route recommandation, you might consider the one outlined in this sheet - it also contains places to sleep along the route

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...df-route-portugues-route-monacal-coastal.404/

On the second sheet of the GoogleDoc "Version and info" you can see the actual route - it looks quite similar to the one you're planning. Actually I think that Route Monacal is the same as the coastal route from Porto.

There's also a link to the used gps coordinates if you would use them as backup for your trip. I'll still be on the route when you start!

bom caminho
Christian

Christian,
Thanks for your links. Very helpful.
Have you seen this new albergue?
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/new-santa-clara-albergue-is-open.39053/
Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Bag is packed, weather forecast looks like rain, but we've got our waterproofs at the ready! My partner and I fly into Porto tomorrow evening, then we'll spend the night in Matosinhos and start...
Greetings from Porto! It is absolutely gorgeous here today and I am sorely tempted to linger a few days to enjoy it all … but the Way awaits and I plan to start walking from Matosinhos on Sunday...
We are going to walk from Porto - Santiago from September 11th-28. What is the weather like? How busy is it at that time?
We are ariving in Porto on May 27th. We want to forward a suitcase to Santiago directly so we have other clothes post our Camino. Could any one please recommend luggage services that will ship...
How low must tides be to prevent boat crossings from caminha to A Guarda?
Thanks everyone for all your kindness and good wishes on the intro thread I posted a couple of days back! As promised, here's a report from our journey so far... Day 1: Matosinhos - Vila do Conde...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back