• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Norte - many Albergues seem to be closed in September

catherinewp

Time of past OR future Camino
Currently doing Camino de Norte
Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of municipal albergues on the Camino de Norte? We are in Guernica and the albergue is closed already. There are still many pilgrims coming through! Beds appear to be full this evening.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I would also include the Buen Camino app. It is free like Wise Pilgrim. No one source has every accommodation listed. If you are having issues the more the better. Also call ahead if you can to verify openings. Although I would imagine if an albergue is listed as open I would think in September and early October it would be open.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of municipal albergues on the Camino de Norte? We are in Guernica and the albergue is closed already. There are still many pilgrims coming through! Beds appear to be full this evening.
We found this to be true on the Norte in September of 2018 also. We actually had to taxi forward out of Gernika to the next albergue. The Norte towns and cities caters to summer tourists and lots of albergues are not pilgrim only. It seemed to level out as we went forward. Good luck!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, I have read all the threads on this topic and seen multiple replies. Some are positive others seem to be vague. Ok travel if this route what cities offer the best cultural...
We are here in Irun, staying at Hotel Alcazar. Where do we start the Camino?
Dear pilgrim companions. We are currently cycling the CDN, battery free, and will soon arrive in Gijon. We have arranged to spend the arrival night here then catch train/bus to Oviedo for 2 nights...
Hi, I am embarking on my first camino tomorrow and have been searching for some albergues to stay in. I will be doing the Camino del Norte and will be starting in Gijon. I am looking in Muros de...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.