• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

CAMINO DE SANTIAGO IN JUNE

GORITSA

:D

HI EVERYONE !!!

MY NAME IS GORITSA AND I AM FROM BULGARIA , CURRENTLY LIVING IN LONDON. I AM OBSESSED BY SPAIN AND THE SPANISH CULTURE AND I`VE BEEN TRAVELLING IN SPAIN QUITE A BIT BUT NOW I REALLY WANT TO DO "CAMINO DE SANTIAGO"!!!
NEED SOME MORE INFO :
MAINLY JUST HEARD TODAY THAT WE NEED TO REGISTER IN ORDER TO BWE ABLE TO DO IT ???
WHEN ???
WHERE???

THX .... :D

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Where are you thinking of starting? If you want to start in St Jean Pied du Port, get a flight to Biarritz, bus to Bayonne, train to St Jean. It's quite easy but make sure your flight is in the morning so you'll probably get to St Jean mid-late afternoon.

There's a pilgrim office there where you can get your credencial and arrange for lodgings for the evening.

thanks

hi
thanks a lot for the quick response ..., well I don`t think I will have time for the CAMINO DE SANTIAGO from pont A to Z , actually i`ve started some initial reserch already and as far as I can see I will be able to do just the Spanish Part (the spanish route).
The thing is that as far as I can see there are a couple of Spanish Routes
- Camino del Norte
- Camino del Sur
etc..............
So with 2 words : I am a beginner in this and I just have 7 days and it`s two of us :D
Well I really want a nice but probably not a quite difficult Camino ,
but once again Do I need to register a a peregrin or .... ???

many thanks

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Goritsa

There are several Camino routes in Spain, but I think all of them take more than 7 days to complete. Have you considered walking the last 100kms of the Camino Frances, from Sarria to Santiago? That way you will experience the Camino and also be entitled to collect your pilgrim 'Compostela' in Santiago.

Registering as a pilgrim simply means collecting your pilgrim credencial, usually at the albergue or a church in the town where you wish to start walking from. It involves filling in a short form with your personal details, and ticking a box giving your reasons for walking the Camino. It's this 'credencial' that you present at the albergues to get accommodation for the night and it will be stamped and dated on arrival.

If you decide to walk the last 100kms, you'll need to get the credencial stamped twice each day. But this is done easily, as most bars/cafes, churches etc have stamps (sello).

Buen Camino, Trudy

MORE INFO

HI AND THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE

WELL SO I NEED TO CHOOSE MY ROUTE NOW ...
BUT I HAVE QUITE A LOT OF TIME SO I AM THINKING OF COMBINING THE CAMINO WITH A NICE BACKPACKING BRAKE
LETS SAY FLY TO ANY OF THE NORTHEN SPANISH AIRPORTS AND THAN TAKE A BUS OR RAIL AND THAN WALK AND THAN AGAIN BUS ....

IS IT POSSIBLE???

IS THERE SOMEONE WHO HAVE DONE IT LIKE THIS ?????

THANXXXX

Most read last week in this forum

On the Camino Del Norte. Surprised by the amount of pilgrims. Many mature pilgrims, like myself with a few Caminos under their belt, mostly appear to be staying in hotels. If staying in hotels be...
Hi I just joined and will be doing a solo walk from SJPP to Finisterre in May Jun 2025... long time to go yet but VV excited ... will be finalising dates and flights from Canberra as soon as...
For those of you who are using the ATM colour chart. One bank is suggested at less than 2 Euro when in fact was 4.50 Euro per withdrawal
Hello Pilgrims, I am Brendan an Australian Scot. I am new to the forum, but not new to the Camino. On Tuesday May 28 I will start on my seventh Camino the Norte from San Sebastián. I will try and...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.
Oh oh oh, After more then seven and a half weeks of rain in Belgium and France, last week weather is better, I walked into Irun today! 🙏 Feels like the last nine weeks my life was in a fridge but...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back