• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Francés favorites not in albergues?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances
NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
The Restaurant at the Hotel San Anton Abad in Villafranca Montes de Oca (Ok, they offer Albergue, too).
Parrillada Xacobeo in Triacastela (classical patio style)
L'Incontro in SdC (IMHO the best Italian in SdC)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances
Hi!
I walked Leon to Santiago and Fisterre Muxia 2023!
These below were my memorable stays and would stay again.
From Leon i took the Mazerife variant.

I am waiting to out atm so have time to kill so here go's

Domus Oncinae Fabia​

Address:C/Real, 7, 24391 Oncina de la Valdoncina, Spain
Phone: +34 606 80 39 57
Great host, modern rooms on site restaurant an oasis on the Camino.

Molinas Galochas (Galochas Mill)
Phone:
+34 987 388 546
+34 629 963 870
Web:
www.molinogalochas.com

Most wonderful stay Mercedes was an amazing host, home cooked food, communal meal at dinner.
On arrival she immediately got me a drink and made me a salad with quiche. Authentic Spain in the old mill so don't expect brand new everything.

El Puente Peregrino​

Address:Camino Santiago, 153, 24523 Trabadelo, Spain
Phone: +34 987 56 65 00
Great reviews on this place with which i concur, vegetarian menu ( i am not a vegetarian but had one of the best meals on my Camino), great host, clean rooms stands out in my memory!

Casa Galego​

Address:Fonfría 9, 27671 Fonfría, Spain
Phone: +34 627 47 47 83
What a surprise fresh modern Hotel in a small hill village, spotless, great staff and views.
I remember the Camino path out started great but then got quite difficult where it had collapsed in on itself!

A Casa da Botica​

Address:2 Rúa Fontao, 27620 Samos, Spain
Phone: +34 982 54 60 95
Lovely stay in Samos with the monastery about 100mtrs away, clean ,comfortable, modern and very helpful staff!

Casa Roan y Casa Grande​

Address:Sestelo 4, , 27215 Lodoso, Spain
Phone: +34 982 19 49 89

Memorable stay here in this rustic rural Finca, great staff, food and location they pick you up and drop you of from Lodoso or Palas de Rei.
Great communal meal.

Hotel Atalaia B&B​

Address:Algalia de Arriba 44, 15704 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Phone: +34 981 56 63 73
Stayed here 3 times great little hotel less than 10 mins walk from Cathederal square, modern, spotless,
Quiet and good breakfast Cristina is wonderful. Will always stay there i think in future.

LIRESCA​

Address:lugar de Lires 31, 15138 Lires, Spain
Phone: +34 981 46 43 95
Loved this place in Lires the owner is also proud of her hotel, modern, spotless rooms, best shower on the walk laundry service and food was great with vegetarian options.
The pudding was recommended; but i was dubious chocolate pannacota with caramel and salt delicious.
Buen Camino
Woody

Last time I walked parts of the Frances was in 2017 but next places all seem to be operating still.

Pamplona : Bar Boteria for nice bocadillos.

In Logroño you should not miss Calle Laurel.
Savour some pinchos/ pintxos.
My favourites are the mushrooms at Bar Angel and the zapatillas at Bar Villa Rica.

In Burgos old charm hotel Norte y Londres.

For some luxury in Astorga I recommend Astur Plaza. Such kind people. Book directly!

Santiago de Compostela.
Hostal Suso.

Breakfast : Tertulia.

Tapas/ Pintxos : Bispo.
Try to find a place at the bar, much nicer, imo, than the restaurant part.

Lunch : San Clemente.

Burgos, Casa Pancho - Calle San Lorenzo, 13, 15, not far from the Cathedral in small side street. Founded 1958, authentic local cuisine at good prices and here's the thing - the locals eat there!
Very friendly and helpful - lovely wines too.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My wife and I like to treat ourselves once we arrive in Villafranca del Bierzo. We stay at La Puerta del Perdon. Only 5 rooms of so but what a delight and reasonably priced. They also have a restaurant on the first floor but we have never ate there.

Another shout-out for Villafranca del Bierzo...and restaurant Meson los Ancares. Just superb food, and our host (Signor Gambino)...well what can I say (I think the pic says it all)...just and amazing welcome and hospitality.

IMG_7854.jpg

Oh, for sure spend an evening on Calle Laurel, Logrono.
Also, we loved eating at the Hosteria de los Palmeros in Fromista. Castilian dinner worth the price. Fromista, the town...not so much!
In Villafranca del Bierzo, the Hotel Las Donas del Portazgo was a very well run small hotel with the best beds on the Camino. And, of course, Paradors are very special.
In Ventosa, the Hotel rural Las Aquedas is a restored 18th century home and she will make you paella if she knows your coming!
I could go on but only one more! Hotel Real Monasterio San Zoilo in Carrion de los Condes is great spot for sleeping and eating! Leg of lamb, umm. Converted convent is very cool!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Casa Triacastela in, surprisingly, Triacastela. A lovely apartment fine for up to 4 people and very well equipped kitchen, very nicely decorated. And the people were very helpful. A great place to recover if you're struggling and you can share the quite reasonable price.
The Hotel Restaurant Xaneiro in Melide is has rooms at a very reasonable price, even if it is dated. And the people, again, were very nice. The very kind older lady there walked us down the street to the laundromat to make sure we found it.
Nice change from all the albergues that we stayed in otherwise, though I wouldn't do anything differently. Well, maybe not getting barked at by the sergeant-major at Casa Del Cubo Y De Los Lerma in Burgos. 🙂

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I enjoyed staying at the Meson del Cid across from the cathedral in Burgos. Make sure you ask for a room with a view of the cathedral.

Hi David! glad you had a great time; they were not so accommodating with me 😞
Only place Hotel or any other form of lodging that i have ever booked that told me to go somewhere else!
As it was not a suitable place for a sight impaired person; and no one would be available to help me at reception.

The Hostel Quartier León Jabalquinto not far from the cathedral is really worth it for a bit extra money. The bunk beds are wonderful, it’s a beautiful old building with areas to relax, great washrooms and well stocked kitchen/eating area, good breakfast included. We found the staff to be exceptional as well. It is open to anyone so reservations recommended.

Said it before will say it again (over and over and over I keep going over the food I knew.... hmmm. could be a song... :rolleyes: )
El Chiringuito del Camino in Frómista! The BEST Darn Iberian Ribs on the whole walk (just look at the photos on TripAdvisor!!!!!!)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Casa Morosco in Molineseca. 30 euro for a Great private room with private bath, Free washer dryer. and wonderful hospitality right in town. I'm there right now.

Most read last week in this forum

When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back