• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugués in September

Time of past OR future Camino
2015 Camino France 2015
2024 Camino Português
We are going to walk from Porto - Santiago from September 11th-28. What is the weather like? How busy is it at that time?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I walked it in September last year and it was OK. You don't say which Camino you are taking though. I walked the Central route, and the Espiritual Variente.
Didn't have a problem with accommodation; I just booked for the following day. It does get busier after Tui as this is a popular start point for those who do the minimum distance to qualify for a Compostela.
You'll have a great time ( I know I did!)
Weather was warm - only caught rain on one day on the way to Pontevedra. This by no means guarantees you the same weather experience. This area is notoriously unpredictable ... .
Buen Camino

It may rain, may shine ! Galicia is the green area of Spain because of lots of rain.
I just will miss you , handing out your Compostela.
I will leaving Santiago September 27 th. I will be volunteering at the Pilgrims Office.

It will be busy anyway in Santiago. It was a hard job to book my lodging there and I took care for that mid of April.

Bom caminho

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We cycled the Senda Litoral last year. Because we also needed secure bike storage, we booked all accommodations ahead. It was busy, but not overwhelming. The weather was really good, except for one significant rain shower from Vila do Conde into Povoa de Varzim.....some cloudy days, some sunny days, but really very little rain.

I hiked the Portuguese coastal route from Porto to Santiago, including Senda Litoral, last year Sept 21-Oct 7. Was a great time to hike. The weather was good but unseasonably warm then. Bom Camiño!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It may rain, may shine ! Galicia is the green area of Spain because of lots of rain.
I just will miss you , handing out your Compostela.
I will leaving Santiago September 27 th. I will be volunteering at the Pilgrims Office.

It will be busy anyway in Santiago. It was a hard job to book my lodging there and I took care for that mid of April.

Bom caminho
Albertinho, I may see you! Plan to arrive SDC on 26 September and collect my certificate for Camino Portuguese.

Albertinho, I may see you! Plan to arrive SDC on 26 September and collect my certificate for Camino Portuguese.
That will be nice. Looking forward to see you. Just let me know on arriving in Santiago by this forum.
I will stay on September 7th and 8th at Casa da Fernanda in Vitorino de Piães on the Central route (between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima.
In 2022 I stayed there too and met several pilgrims at the communal meal and about 10 days later I could write out and hand over their Compostela certificates. Very nice.

That will be nice. Looking forward to see you. Just let me know on arriving in Santiago by this forum.
I will stay on September 7th and 8th at Casa da Fernanda in Vitorino de Piães on the Central route (between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima.
In 2022 I stayed there too and met several pilgrims at the communal meal and about 10 days later I could write out and hand over their Compostela certificates. Very nice.
I have a reservation @ Casa da Fernanda on 16 September.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
¡Buen Camino! My wife and I are walking from Matasinhos to Santiago (starting central route after Vila do Conde) September 23-October 5 so we won’t be far behind you.

Most read last week in this forum

We will be taking the boat from Vilanova de Arousa at 8am and getting into Padron late morning. Our questions to the Forum - do we push on into SDC or stay the afternoon/night in Padron? Is Padron...
Looking for Metro advice on skipping the Porto urban area and heading straight into the littoral beach way. Someone mentioned going straight to Matosinhos or the one before it. What Metro lines...
I’m planning to do over 12 days and want 2 rest days built in. What would be good recommendations to stay for a days rest/recover between Porto and Santiago? I was thinking on days 5 and 9 walking...
Hi Doing my first Camino on 1st June. Flying out to Porto next Thursday and just wondering what the weather is like on the Camino at the moment. I have been looking at accu weather etc but wanted...
Hello, I have just picked up my pilgrim passport in Porto. Inside it says I need atleast 2 stamps a day. I thought that wasn’t necessary until the last 100km? Did anything change?
We are planning to start walking from Porto on September 18th. Would like to walk coastal route for 2 days and then switch to the Principal Way. Any advice?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back