Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Primitivo. Guía en vídeo. Llegada a Oviedo.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Nice video, Macarena. (I also enjoyed your Camino de Madrid videos, lucky you to be walking so much).

I have long thought that Oviedo is one of the most beautiful of Spanish cities. And those pre-romanesque churches/palace up on Naranco are just incredible. Too bad you couldn't go inside, but it looks like you had a nice festive alternative. When I was there, like you, I visited the site and then went back to Oviedo to sleep before starting out on the Primitivo the next day. If I were to do it again, I'd leave Oviedo, walk up to Naranco, have a nice visit, and then continue on to the albergue in Escamplero in the afternoon. That would be an easy 10 km day, making the next night to Cornellana a much more do-able stage. People have told me that the way is well marked from Naranco to connect with the Primitivo a few km outside of town.

Is there really a new albergue in Oviedo? That would be very good news!

And an endorsement of the suggestion to visit La Paloma. This is a very traditional bar off the main street that goes from the center to the train station. The tapa of choice is something that can be described as a shrimp corn dog. It comes in two varieties -- summer and winter, with the winter one piling on a bit more batter.

I'm looking forward to seeing more, it's such a magnificent Camino. Buen camino, Laurie

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am having trouble finding any information regarding the stages on the Verde. Is there a current thread, please? Where would I cross over to the Verde from the Primitivo and is there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back