• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Chilly camino

andywild

Time of past OR future Camino
CF apr18. CP sep18. CF Aug23, Finisterre may24.
Hi all, just a quickie.
My friend is currently on the CF just after Burgos and has reported back to me that it's quite cold and damp. I plan to meet up with him mid May and I don't fancy walking in the rain. My question is, is there someone on here I could speak to to arrange a bit of sunny weather? I've been saving up and have just under five English pounds in my bribe fund should I need to 'grease a few palms'.

Thank you in advance,
Hugs,
Andy x

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm not sure which one you are in your profile photo, but if you're the one on the right I think you will be ok with current weather. Ignore all the posts that are being a bit bearish about the weather.
I've walked several caminos but always in warm sunny weather. I couldn't bear 2 weeks in the rain. It's the polar opposite of what I consider acceptable. 🐻

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi all, just a quickie.
My friend is currently on the CF just after Burgos and has reported back to me that it's quite cold and damp. I plan to meet up with him mid May and I don't fancy walking in the rain. My question is, is there someone on here I could speak to to arrange a bit of sunny weather? I've been saving up and have just under five English pounds in my bribe fund should I need to 'grease a few palms'.

Thank you in advance,
Hugs,
Andy x
If you bribe me well I might stop my rain dance rites I have been performing for days now ...

I've walked several caminos but always in warm sunny weather. I couldn't bear 2 weeks in the rain. It's the polar opposite of what I consider acceptable. 🐻
Your avatar clearly indicates you are a fluffy bear and those indeed should fear rain as they get all soaked up!
BTW, who is the guy posing to the left of you?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Perhaps the rainy, cool weather will discourage fair weather pilgrims and clear the way a little?
Not judging from all the other threads about recent full albergues...

OP, definitely tongue in cheek, but since you're going to see the bones of one who may have touched the Divine ( to shamelessly steal @Tincatinker wonderful phrase), you may want to consider praying in St James' belief system 😉

Buen Camino

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi all, just a quickie.

Thank you in advance,
Hugs,
Andy x
Just love it when you post something 😂😂. Here’s to a sunny adventure. Buen Camino

Hi all, just a quickie.

Thank you in advance,
Hugs,
Andy x
It is just a combination of water and cool walking conditions.

The water helps the vegetation grow and look stunning while the cooler temperatures help to make walking more pleasant.

Once you are in the company of your friend, walking in a beautiful environment, stretching your body a little bit out of its comfort zone and meeting lots of new, nice people then you will realise that this is the place for you to be at this time in your life.

Enjoy.

What ever the weather.

My question is, is there someone on here I could speak to to arrange a bit of sunny weather? I've been saving up and have just under five English pounds in my bribe fund should I need to 'grease a few palms'.
Nice to hear from you again Andy (how's Randy, Sandy and Candy?)

In response to your question I think you should bribe @trecile. She does supply a huge amount of help for free but I haven't seen her summon great walking weather for anything less than 10€. Maybe you can make up the deficit with charm.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Nice to hear from you again Andy (how's Randy, Sandy and Candy?)

In response to your question I think you should bribe @trecile. She does supply a huge amount of help for free but I haven't seen her summon great walking weather for anything less than 10€. Maybe you can make up the deficit with charm.
Randy is currently staggering his way toward Fromista (if anyone near there spots a handsome, if slightly bewildered looking, Canadian, be sure to say hello!)
I fly out May 18th and will track him down using my newly invented device I like to call the Randytracker2000 (patent pending).
Depending how far he gets I'm guessing we should be found roughly around the Sarria area, Randy athletically bounding along and me covering a solid 5km a day with my dodgy knee. Truly a sight to behold.
(I'll see if Randy wants to chip in to @trecile's pricey weather assistance)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi all, just a quickie.

Thank you in advance,
Hugs,
Andy x
How many candles will that buy in the shrine?

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.