• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Christmas stocking stuffers

A

Anemone del Camino

A colleague told me today that her niece is palnning to walk Le Puy to Santiago starting next April and she is looking for a 50$ or so Camino related present to give her. I have my list, but wondered what other Camino addicts may have in mind. You know, that little inexpensive thing what made all the difference in the world.

I am thinking Smartube and electrolytes, a foot care kit including St-Johns's wart oil, Proshield plus, tape and Compeed. Or a shower/laundry kit including nappy/safety pins, a sink plug, a succion cup with a hook and a stirdy ziplock type bag for passport, iphone, money while showering.

And on sale the Narrow Macabi and Altus poncho.

What would be on your wish list?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A couple of items that I always carry with me are a lanyard which comes in handy for many uses. Clip on a ball point pen ,hang your sun glasses,attached your swissy,small led lite etc. great for hanging on your bunk at night to hold glasses and lite for trips to the baño etc. the other item is a nite ize large twist tie. The rubbery bright colored ones are good so as not to leave behind when packing. A lotta uses for those things, especially when in some of the baños they have doors but no hooks to hang your clothes or towels etc. also good for attaching items to pack or securing whatever, inside or out, multi use item and very durable. They can be formed into a large hook shape to hang on the top of a door and will hold a good deal of weight, especially if you double up on the s hook formation. Hope this is helpful

A colleague told me today that her niece is palnning to walk Le Puy to Santiago starting next April and she is looking for a 50$ or so Camino related present to give her. I have my list, but wondered what other Camino addicts may have in mind. You know, that little inexpensive thing what made all the difference in the world.

I am thinking Smartube and electrolytes, a foot care kit including St-Johns's wart oil, Proshield plus, tape and Compeed. Or a shower/laundry kit including nappy/safety pins, a sink plug, a succion cup with a hook and a stirdy ziplock type bag for passport, iphone, money while showering.

And on sale the Narrow Macabi and Altus poncho.

What would be on your wish list?
As SY already stated ,give here an Credential and make here a member of the Forum and make a ......
Wish you well , Peter .

Definitely a Miam Miam guide for the Le Puy, and a buff.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sea to Summit "Ultra Sil daypack" very lightweight, folds up to nothing little backpack for around the towns in the evening.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
So many good ideas. Thank you! I love the lanyard idea to hold glasses at night, I always worry about them. And th coloured wrap ties are great: I have carrid my walking boots on my backpack with them. Keep the ideas coming!

Sea to Summit "Ultra Sil daypack" very lightweight, folds up to nothing little backpack for around the towns in the evening.

We LOVED this bag! Both my wife and I used one each on both Caminos. Works great to carry clean clothes and bath kit to the showers, hangs easily (brought suction cup hook for when there was no hook), carry dirty clothes to be washed, carried groceries, and used it to carry our valuables (tablet, passport, etc.) with us around town in the afternoons/evenings.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yes, earplugs! Also thought of a permitherin treated tule bed cover, anti chaffing ointment, East Bay boy undies, shoe insoles.

Most read last week in this forum

I've now completed 3 Caminos including the Francés, Inglés (with a León-Sarria side trip) and Arles-Aragónes-Francés. I've hiked and backpacked most of my life. I've learned from others and by...
I'm currently refining my packing list for the Camino Frances, starting in SJPDP on September 24, and walking through to the end of October/beginning of November. While I understand that the...
Any places to grab some before/during the Camino Frances? Don't think I'll be able to grab any in advance.
I will be finishing the first half of the Norte in about 3 days and then transferring to the Primitivo. I have a couple of blisters that my hiking boots just seemed to keep rubbing on and I think...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back