• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2011

servaasgoddijn

Hi,
I'm planning to walk from Vézelay to Fisterra. I will start end March 2011, the day after my seventieth birthday. In fact it's a birthday present. After reading a lot on internet, I plan to walk via Périgueux, Irún, the Camino de Norte and the Camino Primitivo. I cannot wait, but I thought it better to skip the Holy Year. Besides, I have to do some hard training.
Happy to share in this group.

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008.
"It appears from the current number of folks at this thread, that there are a significant number of fellow pligrims in the mid- to final stages of the planning for their Camino.
I have also noticed a decidedly large number of folks observing from the fringes.
It's been my observation, that most folks don't "accidentally" come across a site such as this. They have a purpose and, if that purpose is to seek out information, therefore why not declare yourself by joining the site along with we perigrinos...past, present and soon to be. Start your Camino from right there in the comfort of your own home, but start it with the knowledge that there are folks that you want to meet and will want to meet you in return.
The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.
Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2008!
Buen Camino
Arn"

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Good plan. This is the same route covered by myself and JL,also from this forum,recently completed. The large yellow guide,in French,is very good and available from the CSJ bookshop.

Hi there, yes I was following 1 month behind Omar all the way from Vezelay. I actually began in Troyes (because that is where I could get a train to). Other friends who have just completed the del Norte found the first part of it quite tough, but because I had walked so far I had no problems with the hills at the start, nor in the Primitivo. Indeed I chose the high level route at one point on the Primitivo. The scenery is specatular, but there is a lot of road walking in both the Vezelay path and the del Norte (less on the Primitivo). To give you and idea of times, I walked from Troyes to Sanitago in 86 days. PM me if you would like a copy of my itinerary. I will post more later (after the Christmas rush), regards, Janet

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you, Omar and Janet. And Janet, it woukd be nice to receive your itinerary. Donn't rush, I have all the Time. By the way, I forgot to mention that I'm from The Netherlands.

I post in the Class of 2011 only in the hopes it will come to pass. My true hope is to walk next year but work commitments and the threat of crowds due to it being Holy Year make it unlikely :(

Good to read of others already thinking about 2011. We too hope to be walking then (in May) on the Camino Inglés, after walking part of the Norte/Primitivo in 2010 (DV).
We are looking at walking from Ferrol to Betanzos, then crossing to the Coruña branch of the Camino and on to Santiago. This would give us more shorter stages for Valerie's benefit, 15-16km instead of 25-30km some days. Kind folk from this forum have already lent us their maps and we have the Confraternity guide, Johnnie Walker's blog etc to help us plan.
Happy planning and buen Camino when it comes,
Tio Tel and Tia Valeria

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm not sure if is actually a plan as it is a coule of years in the future but I'm also looking forward to doing the Camino again in 2011. Not sure which route yet but I have lots of time to figure that out and I do plan to do it in the Fall. I've heard that it will be crowded in 2010 so I think 2011 rather than 2010 for me. Maybe I will see some of you then?

John

I am also planning to go in the 2011 season. It will be my first Camino, and I plan to do it alone in August and September. I am really enjoying this forum...great tips, convo.
regards to all, Grainne

IWe're definitely in for 2011! We started our planning right after walking the Madrid route and the Ingles this spring, knowing that we would be anxious to be on the Way again, since we will not walk in 2010. Unsure about the route we will take - perhaps either the Norte or one of the routes in France. I have been grateful for, and very interested in the accounts of those who have walked Le Puy and Vezelay....However, my heart is longing to walk the VDLP once again....so who knows where we will be in 2011! Looking forward to hearing about others' plans!

lynne

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
hello everybody

my name is meenakshi and i am the daughter of andy.d who has recently walked 650 miles to Santiago :)
i am planning to walk the Camino Ingles with him in 2011!

meenakshi! said:
hello everybody

my name is meenakshi and i am the daughter of andy.d who has recently walked 650 miles to Santiago :)
Welcome to the forum! :)

Greetings from Santiago de Compostela,
Ivar

meenakshi! said:
hello everybody

And welcome from me too! :D

I am also planning to walk the Ingles in 2011 with Meenakshi

Andy

Oh, and there we were all in one place,
A generation lost in space - Don MacLean

This piece from American Pie occurs to me every year when pilgrims get together online and share their plans for the coming year. It is so exciting and wonderful to me and so hopeful and affirming for us all to think we will be on The Way in the coming year.

Apologies to those who don't find this quote meaningful - it's not that I think pilgrims are lost, but some are, really - but in fact, all of us are seeking, and yes, we are all in one place.

lynne

ivar said:
meenakshi! said:
hello everybody

Welcome to the forum! :)

Greetings from Santiago de Compostela,
Ivar

hello, thanks for commenting on my first post!

andy.d said:
meenakshi! said:
hello everybody

And welcome from me too! :D

I am also planning to walk the Ingles in 2011 with Meenakshi

Andy
hi dad, you are my second commenter lol :D

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Welcome Meenakshi! Good luck with your coming pilgrimage! You have the good fortune to have a great parent; many never had this chance, to their eternal loss.

:arrow:

Your courage in walking with a parent is extraordinary, Meenakshi (you will listen to his talk, right?). Have fun!

Goodmorning everybody,
my plans are to walk the camino in 2011. From Burgos to Santiago. Startingdate probably end of april, beginning of may. I think that i can walk this in 24 days? Maybe somebody has a proper training schedule for me. The longest daywalk i have ever done is 40km. Many thanks and hope to see somebody on my camino. I am walking alone. Solita!
Many greetings from Holland. Hedwig

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hedwig said:
Goodmorning everybody,
my plans are to walk the camino in 2011. From Burgos to Santiago. Startingdate probably end of april, beginning of may. I think that i can walk this in 24 days? Maybe somebody has a proper training schedule for me. The longest daywalk i have ever done is 40km. Many thanks and hope to see somebody on my camino. I am walking alone. Solita!
Many greetings from Holland. Hedwig

24 days sounds good - that is what I am counting if I ever walk from Burgos to Santiago. It should give you some resting days too if you would need to rest or if the rain or whatever makes the walking harder. In April/ May the weather could be anything - probably nice and warm...Right now in Burgos http://www.google.com/search?client=saf ... 8&oe=UTF-8
annie

Etapas as follows here:
http://www.aucoeurduchemin.org/userfile ... imprim.pdf
http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/los ... o/frances/

LATER just editing some spelling mistakes

Planning for the Frances in 2011 probably in April or May from Burgos to Leon or Santiago. Walked from SJPP to Burgos in May this year. Since worried about the crowds during the Holy Year on the Frances I will probably be doing the Portugues i April/ May 2010 from Porto to SDC.
annie

Oh, dear, committing to a Class does seem to make the whole concept more real, doesn't it? For some months I have been secretly reading all the posts and wondering when and IF I will be able to make my own pilgrimage. I am from Kentucky, USA, and very much look forward to my own experiences in the Class of 2011. Biggest concern is bedbugs. It seems there were not as many reports in the early part of the year as in late summer? Anyone know if this is true?

pal said:
Oh, dear, committing to a Class does seem to make the whole concept more real, doesn't it? For some months I have been secretly reading all the posts and wondering when and IF I will be able to make my own pilgrimage. I am from Kentucky, USA, and very much look forward to my own experiences in the Class of 2011. Biggest concern is bedbugs. It seems there were not as many reports in the early part of the year as in late summer? Anyone know if this is true?

Yes! I can relate to that! It does seem to make it all very real! But that is what we are going for!
And sharing and reading makes me more confident that it can be done! Many greetings from Holland!

andy.d said:
meenakshi! said:
hello everybody

Hi Meenakshi and Andy,
Any idea of dates yet for 2011? My wife Valerie and I are also planning on walking the Ingles that year, Possibly in May when the blossom is out. Maybe we will meet.

Blessings
Tio Tel

TerryB said:
Hi Meenakshi and Andy,
Any idea of dates yet for 2011? My wife Valerie and I are also planning on walking the Ingles that year, Possibly in May when the blossom is out. Maybe we will meet.

Blessings
Tio Tel

Thanks Terry and Valerie,

I think it will have to be one of the half terms, either the May or October ones. May would be best I think, but it will take a bit of time before we know for certain. It would be good to bump into you.

I did a short walk with a friend locally in north Worcestershire this week and we would have been better in waders than boots and gaiters. It is wet at the moment!

Andy

Kia ora, glad to see this thread here. I am looking at walking the Camino Frances in 2011, I have wanted to walk this for 10 years and it is wonderful to think that the possibility is just around the corner (my original plan was 2010 but forgot a holy year - too crowded). I would really like to walk in Sept/Oct but may have to do it sooner in Mar/Apr, this may sound a little odd for someone keen to do it but it is purely selfish, if I walk in Sept I miss our 'busy' time. No brainer really work or walk? :lol:

I am discovering so many fantastic things on this forum, it is overwhelming how generous and knowlegeable people are about the camino(s). Best tips learnt so far - good footwear, travel light.

I will enjoy conversing with all you wonderful people over the next (many) months.
Pip

Hi All

I walked the Camino Frances in May/June 2008 from SJPP to Santiago. What a wonderful and memorable experience! I plan to do the Camino again in 2011 but starting slightly earlier this time - towards the end of April. The first time I managed to do it in 28 days, followed by a daytrip to Finisterre but I must admit I felt a bit rushed towards the end and my feet were complaining (my return ticket was already booked and could not change it, so I had to stick to my schedule). For 2011 I will allow myself 5 weeks or more. At this stage I am planning to start in SJPP again but I am also considering the Aragonès route. I would be interested to hear from anyone that has done the Aragonès route to hear how they found it and whether snow could be a problem towards the end of April. Regards, EMS

Hi Cowboy

I actually started at Pau in France in 2008 and walked for 4 days before reaching Col de Somport where the Aragonese begins. I walked up to Somport on April 7th on the most glorious day imaginable, and there was suficient snow around for people to be ski-ing. The next day I followed the markers for about 1 km over frozen snow before I came to clear ground. If you were to find a lot of snow on the ground when you were there, or it was actually snowing when you were walking, you could always follow the roads for safety until it was OK to go back on the trail. I walked 32 km from Somport to Jaca, and a lot of it was on steep paths with loose gravel surfaces. If that was to be your 1st days walk, and you were not fully fit, you might like to look at staying at Estancion to break the trip into smaller sections.

There were so many highlights on my camino, but right up there with them was staying at the albergue at Arres, 2 nights into walking the Aragonese. A little mountain-top village, and a communal meal at night with the women helping to prepare the meal and the men cleaning up afterwards.

Buen camino

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks for the useful tips, Alan. A few questions: My French is non-existing. Think I will manage starting from Pau? How did you travel to Pau - by bus from Bayonne? Regards, EMS

The smaller the town the fewer people you will meet that speak English. However, if you picked up just a few words: bed, meal/food, reservation, hello, etc. you will do more than fine. Pau is a wonderful little city. In fact this whole area of France is beautiful. I have often said that southern France is where angels go on vacation. The people are wonderful, the land is beautiful, and all is well.

The train will not be running to SJPP until June (maintenance). I am not sure if this will affect the train to Pau. The bus may be the way to go, but confirm with the French train schedule.

After arriving from Australia I spent 2 nights in Paris to get over jet-lag, and then flew to Pau on a morning flight [ booked well before the trip]. I didn't actually see Pau, as I walked directly from the airport to Lescar, about 10 km. where I stayed in an albergue. There is a tourist bureau in Lescar where we found a young lady who spoke quite reasonable English, and where I obtained my credential, which of course was in French. She gave me the key for the albergue, gave me directions on how to get there, and rang the caretakers that were rostered on for that week. As she explained, locals are rostered on to look after the albergue for short periods, and though they live nearby, they are not resident in the albergue overnight. She also warned me that the walk next day to Oleron Ste Marie was very arduous. And it was! No food or water available on the way, as any of the villages you go through are too small to have shops, and it was very steep, and also muddy in places.

I stayed the next night at Serrance in an old monastory, and you need to book ahead if you are to stay there. This was done for me by the owner of a gite I stayed in at Oleron, so you could try that method, or ask the staff at the tourist bureau in Oloron to do it for you. I believe there is another option for Serrance accommodation that you can book on line.

I walked the next day from Serrance to Somport, which was a long day. I had no French or Spanish and was relieved to find a blackboard menu at Borce where I recognised the word "sandwich " and pointing at it was enough for the lady to get it for me. I still have no idea what was in it. When I found the hostal in Somport I showed my credantial and they knew immediately that I needed a bed. I did not understand how much they were asking for the tarrif, so just put a 20 euro note down and got 7 euro change. I ordered steak for dinner [ at the hostel] and that was my first experience of the Spanish custom of serving french fries with such dishes, No other vegetables, just french fries. And the steaks are very thin.

I hope that this has been of some use to you. My ernest wish is that you enjoy the journey as much as I did.

Buen camino.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I walked from Lourdes last year, to Oloron Saint Marie and then south to Somport and on the Aragones to Pamplona. You can read about it on my blog - http://www.2009pilgrims.blogspot.com

I keep losing this post, so a not sure what kind of an omen that is--just that I need to be quick and to the point.

I am Lynda from Canada..hoping and planning to walk the Camino Frances in 2011 starting around April 1. Not sure of starting point yet but am leaning toward Rocensvalles.

Currently 55, overweight and out of shape I am working on that--a good thing, Camino or not. I also have some hidden conditions that will limit my endurance, But I am glad that I have the life flexibility to take my time, so plan to do a "long slow distance" Camino and will gladly include rest days to help my body, enjoy my surroundings and keep in some sort of contemplative mindset.

Hi - Bill and Danielle want to walk but are only just starting to think about it. I'm 65 this year and Bill will be 71 this year. Any recommendations for next February on where to start and which route is best for us? We plan on taking off next year and see how we do. Many thanks for any suggestions. B&D :wink:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You might have seen the other post on the snow in Navarra? This is the problem with walking in February (and March/April). Last year pilgrims had 16 straight days of sunshine in March and then winter returned with a vengance!
Have a look at my blog post on Walking in Winter for links to blogs, newspapaper reports etc on walking in March.

http://amawalker.blogspot.com/2009/10/w ... inter.html

Thanks Alan. It all sounds very exciting and I am itching to go. Just another 14 months or so...
Warm regards, EMS

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
danielleandbill said:
Hi - Bill and Danielle want to walk but are only just starting to think about it. I'm 65 this year and Bill will be 71 this year. Any recommendations for next February on where to start and which route is best for us? We plan on taking off next year and see how we do. Many thanks for any suggestions. B&D :wink:

I am older than either of you and not an exercise buff. I walked the Camino with my wife in 2009 and am starting again in March from SJPP to Santaiago. If you have the time, I recommend doing the whole route from SJPP so that you have the complete experience.

Hi I'm Sabine ( 41 ) from Belgium and hoping to walk the camino francès in april and may 2011 from Saint-Jean to Santiago. Will take three months of work so I'm not pressured by time and probably split up some of the longer walks in two ( thinking of spending 40 days in Spain ).

SabineP said:
Hi I'm Sabine ( 41 ) from Belgium and hoping to walk the camino francès in april and may 2011 from Saint-Jean to Santiago. Will take three months of work so I'm not pressured by time and probably split up some of the longer walks in two ( thinking of spending 40 days in Spain ).
Hi Sabine. If this is your first exposure to the Camino, a wonderful experience awaits you. However, if my own experience is anything to go by, you may find it a challenge adjusting back to work and everyday life in a city upon your return to Belgium :) When one is on the Camino, everything seems to slow down and if you go straight back into a busy lifestyle with all the normal decision-making and responsibilities it could be quite a shock to the system! We are all different but I would strongly recommend that you leave some of your time-off to ease back into things after the Camino before having to return to work.

I took several months from work but did the Camino (SJPP to Santiago) at the end of this break (May/June 2008). I have a senior position in Finance and I can tell you it was quite a shock to the system to get back into office work afterwards. Even now, 20 months on, I dont think a day passes without fond memories of the camino and a deep longing for the simplicity experienced there. Life carries on but I can hardly wait for the opportunity to go back. I am also planning for April / May 2011, so maybe we will see each other on the road...
EMS.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ems, I will keep your words and advice in mind. In this stage in my life I can only take three months of work ( due to the wordly worries about mortgage and a partner whose work suffers from the economic credit crunch...). But yes, normally after the camino, I still will have 50 days to adjust my pace and get back into workmode.
For me : pace and "taking it easy" will be the most difficult issue : I will have to slow down in every aspect of life. I am very committed in my work ( am a social worker in psychiatry ) and some of my patients will be in "my mind and spirit".
Yes if it has to be that way...maybe we will meet in 2011. Thank you again for your wise words.

And here I was thinking I was going to start this thread :D , not knowing there are more people eagerly awaiting the moment we can put our first steps on the Camino (again).

I have done the Camino Frances twice from Saint Jean, both in june/july, and am currently pondering either the same route in for instance march/april (can't wait until after the summer) or walking another Camino, like Primitivo, Portugese or yet another.

Meanwhile, I now count myself officially part of the class of 2011! :mrgreen:

Hello Mountainman,

Yes, so many others starting their preparations for 2011! Welcome to you and any question you will have, will be answered here.
But since you are a walker of the camino already, you may be the one to answer some questions.

Buen Camino

Greetings from a stormy Holland

€149,-
Hey y'all....
Veronica here.... Looks like I will be part of the "class" as well. My husband , David, and I are looking forward to walking the camino in late summer/early fall of 2011. Hoping to start from Lourdes with a few fellow Peace Corps volunteers. As we're in the planning stages, we're always looking for advice, insight, etc.

Looking forward...
Astept cu nerabdare....

Kit...
Not sure. I wondered the same myself. But I know there are fewer PCVs in Europe than on other continents. My husband and I are looking for a way to transition our minds, bodies, spirits from our time in Peace Corps back to "life at home." And the camino looks to be a challenge and a good journey for us.

Great to find a fellow PCV on the boards!
Drum bun (as we say in Romanian!)
V

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi,

I am GGirl. I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Moldova, Eastern Europe. My service ends 08/2011 and I plan to walk afterwards. Looking forward to meeting some of you out there.

I am tossing my hat/sombrero into the ring for 2011. I walked the Camino from SJPP to Santiago in September 2009 and I guess it got into my bones! I am planning to walk the Portugese in September 2011. It feels good and right.

Hi. I'm from London, ON, Canada and planning for Camino Frances in April 2011. I will be turning 55 that month, so what better way to celebrate? I appreciate all the great information that I have discovered so far in this site.... there is a never ending wealth of knowledge and experience. I gave myself a year to train for this because I have not been a very active person and aspire to be in much better shape before my Camino. I started walking everyday about 3 weeks ago. My dog Daisy if very happy about this, but my aching muscles are not. I know it will get easier and very excited about my goal. I have 5 young adult children who all have expressed a desire to come with me, but I said, "NO" I need to do this alone. Yeah for Mom doing something for herself!!
Catherine :D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Catherine and welcome here! This forum indeed gives a wealth of information and already made me feel welcome.
Well you never know, maybe we will meet each other next year somewhere on the camino frances in April.
Also started training by doing daily walks and climbing our silly small " hills " here in the neighbourhood. :wink:
See you around.

Hi Everyone,
I'm also hoping to join you all in 2011. I've been tossing around the ideas of Arles to Santiago or Cadiz to Santiago for the last couple of years. Recently I'm leaning to starting in Cadiz since that was the place I landed when I first 'discovered' Europe. It wasn't a plan it was because I was so seasick I couldn't wait to get off the boat - but I do still have a fondness for Cadiz because of all that.

I understand there has been a group working on this route as well recently so it will be interesting to see. This route joins the VDLP which I'm a little nervous about walking on my own but you know what they say about feeling the fear and doing it anyway....
Happy planning everyone.
Cecelia

The camino is calling me, and my heart has answered the call to be on the Way again. I could weep for the joy of it.

It is now April and only one year before my next Camino. In 2011 we plan to walk the Via de la Plata for the second time, followed either by Finisterre and Muxia or Camino Ingles again. I know I've posted many times that VDLP is my favorite camino; I want to walk it again while I can. Now that we've decided, I can hardly wait for the day to arrive.

Until then and for the next year, as always, I look forward to your posts and blogs. I hope to see some of you beginning the VDLP around 15 April, 2011. Don't forget to wear your forum badge!

lynne

Hi Lynne

I am also currently planning to walk the VDLP next year. My tentative starting date is April 1st, which many of my friends find entirely appropriate. I aim to start from Sevilla, and may walk to Muxia after arriving at Compostela. What a shame our paths will not cross - I could have brought a fine bottle of [ screw-capped ] aussie wine with me to celebrate starting the camino!

I can't book my flight until the end of June so will not know final dates until then.

Happy training, and buen camino.

Alan

Ah, pity! I have, since we last talked, become an afficionado of screw-topped Australian wines, particulary from the Barossa, but I have sampled some from Hunter Valley! Verrrrry nice!!. But I digress....

We are not starting from Seville this time, I think, but from Merida or thereabouts, so we might yet meet! I certainly hope so! We're lopping a bit off the beginning because we've walked it before, but instead substituting with Muxia or the Ingles at the end, as I mentioned previously.

Hope to see you next year! Keep in touch, and don't drink that wine just yet - we may well meet and enjoy it together!

lynne

Hi Lynne

My preliminary schedule has me arriving in Merida on April 11th and spending 2 nights there in order to see some of the city. So we may well meet, which would be great! But as for carrying a bottle of wine from Seville, wellll, hmmm..... In 2008 my companion and I called at the wine making co-operative near Bierzo, where traditionally they give pillgrims a gless of wine. The cellar-door attendant gave us a glass each of rosada, and when Victor picked up a minature earthernware wine jug to ask the price, he insisted on both of us taking one as a gift. I presented him with a lapel badge depicting a kangaroo, and he then insisted on us taking a free unopened bottle of rosada with us. Luckily I didn't have any more to give him, or I may have left the winery bow-legged. As it was, I was so surprised that the weight of a single bottle of wine made quite a difference to the weight of my backpack, and was relieved to take it off when we arrived in Villafranca. Maybe I could post some wine to Ivar and Frank, for us to have when we arrive in Compostela! Or maybe we can stick with the Spanish reds, which I recall with great fondness.

I am doing lots of walking in an effort to reduce the amount of lard I have accumulated since my last walk. Just out of town yesterday an echidna ambled across my path. I haven't seen one for probably 20 years, and it's good to know they are still around. They only have one speed - the aforesaid amble - and despite their spines they look kinda cute, and they have a mischiefous look in their eye as if they are up to something. They are certainly less scary than the bears you have over there!

buen camino

Alan

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Allan - Well, you're right, we might just meet after all - that would be fun!! I think Merida is a great place to start- it's a beautiful city with lots to see.

Echidnas - have seen pix of them. Adorable little things. Our "adorable" bears are just coming out of hibernation - those juveniles that were cubs last year are the peskiest and most dangerous, so kind of limits training on the bush trails.

Love to share a glass of red with you in Santiago. Last night had a lovely Bodegas LAN Rioja Reserva 2004. I agree the Spanish reds are fabulous - can't get a great selection here, although our local wine bar has a good stock.

I like the example of kindess and generosity you experienced in the winery - I have often witnessed similar acts of charity and generosity by Spanish people. It's very heartwarming and humbling.

Thankfully, we've a year to step up our training. Need to lose a few kg for sure and get those knees strengthened.

Happy training!

lynne

Hi, I'm planning on walking the Camino Frances in September/October 2011. I've started training, and reading and learning all I can. I've done odd bits of hiking over the years - sort of overnight stuff, but never anything like this, so am training hard to get up to scratch.

Glad I found this Forum, I've already learnt lots and it will be good to "know" a few people en route.

Buen Camino all
Jeanne

Hi Jeanne!

Welcome to the forum and I hope you post all of your questions here. They all will be answererd!

We want to help you and answer your questions on the Way!

lynne

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks for the friendly welcome Lynne, and you can be sure I will post any questions here, the more I read the more questions I seem to have, but I've learnt a tremendous amount already just reading the existing posts.

Jeanne :)

Hello Jeanne,

Indeed, Welcome to the Santiago Forum. All you have to ask will be answered here! It really is a great source of information!
No answers from me I'am afraid, because I will be walking April 2011.
But glad you joined The Class of 2011!

Buen Camino Jeanne.

Greetings from Holland
Hedwig

Hello, my name is Jeremy. I am 36 and will be coming from the United States by way of Paris.I plan to walk the Camino Francais in 2011 starting from SJPP around June 14th-19th. Even though the saints day (July 25th) isn't on a Sunday in 2011I would still like to get to Santiago in time for the festival. I was planning for a 2010 walk but the thought of getting a place to sleep in a holy year scared me off. Plus my finances just weren't there to do it this year. On a positive note, that gives me much more time to work on my Spanish w/ Rosetta Stone.

The only question I have at this point concerns cell phones. I am considering getting the Blackberry world phone through Verizon. I was wondering if I would have to pick up a European cell contract while I am over there? My guess is yes if for no other reason than my bill would be stupid large if I didn't. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Back to school? We are planning our next camino for 2011 ... so hello classmates. Hello Aussie Allan from Cowra. We too are looking at the VdlP, with a few changes, and will probably be starting early April, maybe after you, but will see. Still deciding on route . . . latest ideas . . . . start either Huelva or Granada, join VdlP Zaffra or Merida, VdlP to Zamora, up to CF, to Ponferrada, then on the Camino Invierno to Santiago. May just stay on VdlP all the way to Santiago, not sure, but we've done Salamanca to Santiago and . . . . other routes beckon.
Happy planning to each and everyone of you. I'm really addicted to this Forum,love it and learn soooo much from it. Am also happy to help if I'm able. The planning stage is a great extension of the whole camino experience, and generally lasts a lot longer, so enjoy it all.
Buen camino. Carole

Lynne, the VdlP is our favourite too, and it's great you're doing it again in 2011. I've a feeling I read somewhere that you did the Madrid last year.No? So did we, in May - June. We only met up with 5 other pilgrims the whole way, but we did love the "heart of Spain".
Now it's exciting thinking about the next camino and it's still 12 months away. :D
Buen camino. Carole

Hello to All- I'm Carol from Seattle and planning and training for this in early spring of next year. I have friends who did this. I've got 3 books on it already. I'm so excited and a bit nervous. Travelling by myself and I'm no youngster but many older than I have managed. I'm thinking of starting in France. Which I hear day one is killer. I wonder how smart that would be after a 17 hr flight? Wondering about roundtrip airfare- obviously after a nice hotel stay at the end of the road I could venture by bus/train back to the starting place. Any ideas? Thanks to all

€149,-
So we are back from our mini-Camino of 2010 and I am not put off by the weather, mud etc of the Primitivo. I saw it as a challenge. We did reach Tineo before returning to the coast and walking the Norte, in the sun, between Celorio and the Camping 5km west of Ribadesella.
As we got off the ferry here in England we made our advanced booking for next year. It is definitely the Camino Inglés, from Ferrol, that calls for 2011. Maybe we'll see some of you there.
Tio Tel and Tia Valeria

Hola

We, my daughter, son, daughter-in-law and I, are planning the Camino Portugues from Porto in late May and June of 2011 and then on to Fisterra. Everything is tentative right now and the exact timing depends on my son's graduation and wedding. My daughter and I did the Camino Frances from SJPP in 2006. We thought we would try another route this time and starting in Portugal sounded interesting.

Anyway, I thought that if I I post here then we will be committed.

BuenCamino/ Bom Caminho

jgray4613 said:
Hola

"We, my daughter, son, daughter-in-law and I, are planning the Camino Portugues from Porto in late May and June of 2011 and then on to Fisterra. Everything is tentative right now....."

Welcome and well done. You've taken the first step. The Camino Portugues is great, an interesting mix of rural and town. Am sure you and your family will enjoy it, and what a special thing to do, to walk a camino with family. You will have wonderful memories to treasure. Enjoy the planning. Buen camino. Carole.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am planning to walk the camino norte in August next year. Who has experience of walking at that time of year? I know the spanish are on holiday then, but would the albergues also be full?

Hi,
My name is Marjorie, i'm 34 years old and i'm from Québec, Canada. I'll walk the Camino Francès in May-June of 2011. A good preparation is part of the journey for me. I'm not sure if i'll be "fit" enough to start from SJPP... That's the plan though! I bought 3 books about the Camino, i want to learn some spanish too! A lot of planning to do but i have plenty of time. My mother thinks that i'll have difficulty to only pack 6-7 kg in my rucksack. Yeah, i'm sure she does not understand yet that i'll have to put the bag on my BACK all the way! She's thinking about doing it with me, but there's no way she'll be able to do that. She hate sweating!!! Maybe my dad is going to do it with me but i don't put any pressure, he'll decide on his own.
If you want to put a face on my name, i posted a pic in the members pictures thread earlier
Thank you for all the infos i've got from you guys!

Hi Marjorie,
What a shame you don't think your Mother can handle the Camino. I will be turning 63 on the 6 july and i should be in Rabanal de Camino. I'm travelling with my big Sister(she's half my size) who turns 68 end of july.
Because of the crowds expected in july i have got a small sleeping bag and shelter packed in case we are too late to get a bed somewhere. I have had trouble keeping my pack under 10kg, but i'm okay with what i've got.
Mothers are tougher than you think. If there's a will, there's a way. All the best
Tanya 8)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Marjorie,

Welcome to the forum.

Bonne chance dans ton aventure.

Don't worry about your parents being able to do the walk. I am not exceptionally fit and at 66, I just completed the Via de la Plata last fall (1000 km), reaching Santiago for the seventh time.

If you need help in your preparation, I'm just a phone call away.

Bon voyage,
Jean-Marc

Thank you,
i feel very welcome on this forum. Let me be a little more specific about my mother. I would love if she could come with me but she NEVER EVER exercice. She doesn't know how to bike, skate etc. She'll need to train very often untill may 2011. It's just that i know how she is... She also have a problem with a foot, i'm pretty sure she would'nt or could'nt walk 20km per day. So i set my mind to go there alone.
One last thing, i bought my pilgrim forum badge to put on my rucksack! :D

We are also planning to take our first pilgrimage in 2011. Our route is perhaps a bit off track but is as follows: starting at Vezelay to Nevers, then Clermont, then Les Blats, Aurillac and ending (for this year) at Ste Foy de Conques.
My husband has just retired and this is his 'retirement gift' to himself. We are having some difficulty finding specific route information so hope someone in the membership will be able to help.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Gulp, this is my first post. Here goes.

Hello everyone. My name is Richard. I was born in the UK, and have been living in France for past 35 years. I am 53 and a complete beginner, never having walked the camino or any other long trek for that matter.

Hope to walk the Camino Frances in 2011. Have not yet settled on a date - maybe June. I hope to get 3-4 weeks off from work to walk from somewhere around Burgos to Compostela.

Happy to be a member of this group and really relieved to see that loads of people have already asked all the questions that I haven't yet dared to ask... (pillows, night clothes, toilet paper, etc.).

I must admit that I am a bit worried about the "crowds" of people on the camino in summer and have visions of it being like some busy resort on the french coast during summer vacations. Please reassure me!

Cheers,
Richard

Hola Richard

Welcome to the Forum. Ask anything you want in public or simply PM a member and users will try to answer any questions you may have.

Please be reassured :) The Camino is nothing like the French Riviera.... it may be busier in June than earlier or later in the year but the height of its popularity falls in July and August when Spaniards go on holiday. Next year numbers will settle down after the fever of the Holy Year. Also....everyone else is walking and that has its own excitement and bond between pilgrims. Enjoy.

Best regards

John

Hola John !

Thanks for your reassuring words. The choice of dates seems crucial to make the "first camino" a successful and memorable one. Of course there are other factors to be considered : work for example :cry:

Funny coincidence, your pseudo "Johhny Walker" is the one that I chose (with same avatar) in a completely different forum on Nordic Walking in France.

Great minds....

Cheers,
Richard

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Class of 2011

I am Judy from Australia and this is my first time on the forum. I am planning to walk the VdlP, starting in Sevilla around 27 March 2011.

This is my first Camino, so I'm excited as well as nervous. I've been planning the trip for the last 12 months and have just taken the plunge and booked my flight to Barcelona. I will then catch a train to Sevilla. I will be staying over night in Barcelona. Can anyone recommend a reasonable place to stay in Barcelona?

Cheers
Judy

Hi Judy and welcome to the forum - we'll be starting on the VDLP somewhere around the same time, so we may bump into each other.

Sorry it's been years since I've stayed on Barcelona but others will have recommendations for you!

Happy planning and buen camino!

lynne

Hi Judy

You will be a little in front of me, as I plan to start from Sevilla on April 1st. This will put me in Salamanca at Easter time, and I have been advised by friends that accommodation in Spain can be difficult to find during this time, so am going to pre-book for then.

Happy planning, and buen camino

Alan

Welcome Judy,

Am sure you'll find answers to all your questions on the Forum. Sorry I can't help with accom in Barcelona, but you'll enjoy the fast train to Sevilla. It's said that . . . if the AVE is more than 5 mins late you get your money back!!

We are still in "discussion" here over our starting date for VdlP next year, and husband seems to be winning, so probably we'll be starting 18-24 April from Huelva. Anyway, I'm excited and planning, buying new boots (phew!), just bought the brilliant Aarn Liquid Agility bodypack (26l), as I'm determined to further cut down weight this time. Even tho we've walked 3 caminos (or parts of) . . . next year's will be the BIG one. . .

There were some pilgrim "get togethers" in Oz last weekend, Adelaide and here on the South Coast of NSW, maybe elsewhere. Sydney has regular gatherings each month, and we may have another in a few months time (Sth Coast). These are great for past and future pilgs and for sharing info.

Enjoy your planning. It's exciting, isn't it?
Buen camino. Carole :D

Hi Class 2011,

Thank you for the welcome. I hope to see you on the VdlP.

Cheers Judy.

Hi--

I'm Renee from Omaha, Nebraska, and plan to walk El Camino Frances in May and June of 2011, starting in either Roncesvalles or SJPP. (The elevation gain from SJPP to Roncesvalles scares me to death!) I'll be walking alone except for the last week, when my husband plans to join me. I've wanted to do this ever since I first heard of El Camino 4 years ago. Thanks for the community support and information.

revrenjen said:
Hi--

I'm Renee from Omaha, Nebraska, and plan to walk El Camino Frances in May and June of 2011, starting in either Roncesvalles or SJPP. (The elevation gain from SJPP to Roncesvalles scares me to death!) I'll be walking alone except for the last week, when my husband plans to join me. I've wanted to do this ever since I first heard of El Camino 4 years ago. Thanks for the community support and information.

Renee, Welcome!
Your plans somewhat echo mine (or is it mine echo yours!) just a few months earlier. I'm thinking fall of 2011. I do want to do the Pyrenees, simply to be able to say to myself that I did it! And yes they do scare me, as I sit here, so carefully perched,as to not annoy my back which went out again yesterday. But I do like to push beyond "limitations" so we'll see. Check around the forum, there are people here with so much experience and knowledge. I almost can't imagine planning to do this with out all the reading I've done here. Esp. check out advice and posts from Sil, whose like something of an encyclopedia! Amazing person.

Wishing you all the best, Buen Camino, Karin

Karin--

Yes, I know what you mean about pushing yourself to do the Pyrenees--it would be something to do it in the summer I turn 60. I foresee many hours on the stair climber at the Y to get in shape for them--not many real hills here in Omaha to train on. And yes, I will be relying on the wisdom of the veterans to guide me.

Hi,
I am Sue from Sydney, Australia. I have been reading the forum for about a year now and have decided I must so something concrete about my walk or it will get shoved under the mat with lots of other good ideas I have had. So! Hear I am on the Forum, announcing that I am walking the VdlP in 2011. I was thinking about March-April, but having read some other posts, I think I may postpone it to starting in April (I am not keen on walking in the cold or the heat).

I hope to see lots of you on the path.

Sue

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Welcome Sue. Great idea to walk the VdlP. Re best time, check out the other strain . . .

"My stages on the Vdlp" . . . .. where there's some debate about timing plus great info from peregrina2000 on the stages for her recent camino. We will be starting our Vdlp from Huelva, (west of Sevilla) probably 24th April 2011.

Also . . . peregrina2000's stream on "Live from the Camino" titled "In Monesterio on the Vdlp" It's excellent and will get you even more excited.

I guess you know about the regular Sydney pilgrim meetings, plus we are probably having another down on the south coast of NSW in a couple of months. PM me if you'd like more info on above.
Happy planning. Buen camino. Carole

Hi Sue,

and welcome from another Aussie who is walking the VdlP next year. I am kicking off [so to speak] from Sevilla on April 1st. I am thinking of going on to Muxia after I reach Compostela, having been to Finistere in 2008, but will probably not decide on that till I am on the road.

Buen camino

Alan

Hi Folks,

I posted the below material in the Class of 2010, but you may not see it there. I attemped to walk the Camino in March of 2010 but did not finish. I have listed 10 things that if I had done differently, I believe that I would of been successful. Hopefully this may help some of you.

Some veterans will totally disagree with some of what I am saying - and I am no veteran myself. I tried, and turned around and came home. But I did have some experiences, and I truly believe that if I do these thing different next time (Sept 2011?), that I will be more sucessful.

Some people term experiences such as mine as failures. I see it as a great experience - having the opportunity to meet people through forums like this from all over the world; brief encounters with folks while I was there; being able to say I have been in Britain and France now. Being able to say I tried.

But please keep in mind - these are only my thoughts. There are many people out here who have completed the walk more than once, and they are the experts. Not me. That being said, here they are:

1) Make sure you make yourself eat. I was totally filled with excitement, did not feel hungry, and thus, did not eat. I lost 7 lbs in three days.

2) Make sure you drink water. I thought I was drinking water. I went with the backpack bladder system so that I would not have to remove my pack to get at my water bottle each time I wanted a drink, or have it dangling in front of me. Although I took sips, I was very surprised to find out that after what amounted to three days, I had only consumed one litre of water

3) The purists will not agree with this, but it is funny that a lady had given me the following advice several months before I left and I had forgotten - then this spring a woman from Australia did this for the first few days and then did not need to after - when you are completely tired out - had enough for the day - TAKE A TAXI to the next town. You have paid your price of pain and exhaustion for the day - the important thing is making it to the next town.

4) You have heard this one many times but pack VERY light. Not like you are going away for 5 or 6 weeks, but as if you were going away for the weekend. I took advice from many lists, was covered for most events - and before rain - my pack weighed at least 20lbs, with the water bladder 22lbs, and with all day rain - more like 30lbs. I saw a video on U-Tube once where a lady was walking the trail for her third time. She said that the first time, she brought a big backpack; her second time she brought a small rug sack; and now her third time, she brought only the clothes on her back. She joked that next time she was going to go nude. Point is that you do not need all of that stuff and anything you do need, you can buy.

5) If at all possible, go with someone. You know how there are days when you do not feel like exercising and your buddy twists your arm to go - had I had a buddy on the trail with me to talk me out of turning around, I would of been able to finish. If at all possible, go with someone.

6) The purists will not like this one either. If you are starting at St Jean, there is no good reason to try to walk over the Pyrenees via the Napoleon route. Take the Valcarlos route. The Napoleon route is like 6 hours of straight climbing up. UP. It never flattens out. They say you should take it because of the scenery. You have 5-6 weeks of scenery ahead of you. You do not need this torture on the first day. When I walked it, the fog which is common up in the mountain, was so thick that the only scenery I say was my feet in front of me. It was so steep that when I turned around to walk down, it was difficult because of the steepness.

7) I have been asking some veterans about what they think about taking an umbrella. I took a poncho. It was raining but mild. Although the poncho kept me somewhat dry from the rain, I was totally soaked from the portable sauna I was carrying around. I am thinking that one of the umbrellas that fold down into about 12 inched long would easily fit into a backpack. It is not a perfect solution because of wind, and if you are holding it, you cannot carry your walking sticks - so I am still out on this one - but for me in March - the poncho was way too hot. I can only imagine how hot it would be in the warmer months.

Take your time. Have one down day if you get there late at night. I got there around 8 pm, found the registration office and hostel by 10, went to bed at 11, and was up and out the door at 8 am walking. This was after 30 hours straight travelling from my house to St Jeans. In hindsight, I should have waited for a day in St Jeans before attempting the walk.

9) If you can speak the language, including French if you are starting in St Jeans, it sure would be beneficial

10) Train, train, and train. Walk as much as possible, with the pack on. Because I am from Canada and most of my training months were in the middle of winter, I did lots of conditioning training on a recumbent bike in my basement - as opposed to walking outside with the pack. I did get out as much as possible, but it always could have been more.

So if I were ever to go again, and I am somewhat eyeing up September 2011, I would do the above items differently. I believe all of the above items lead to my making the hasty decision to turn around and walk back.

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Tim
Tim-the-fat-Canadian
35-50 posts

Private messageTop

€149,-
So pleased to see you back on the Forum, Tim. So glad you're sounding so positive and thinking about the camino again. . . . I knew you would. Your postings earlier this year and now your useful, wise thoughts are pretty good, in my books, and will help lots of people to prepare for their caminos.. . . so thanks for sharing.

Will get back to you. Keep on trekking man. :wink:
Buen camino. Carole

Hello,

My name is Geneviève, I'm 34 years old and I'm from Montréal, Québec. I will be doing the Camino, starting in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, from mid-May to end of June and I've already begun my physical training; I walk to and from work (12 km) three times a week and I go hiking on the week-ends around the city. Since winter can be hard in these parts, I'll start going to the gym around November; I don't want to jeopardize what I have worked so hard for! Euros have been bought (yeah to a high Canadian dollar!) but it's too early for the plane ticket.

The desire to do the Camino has long been with me. Although I always thought it would be a retirement project. Who can take 6 weeks off aside from retirees? Well, civil servants can take 6 weeks off so, here I go! I have been reading every thread regarding the Camino Frances and the general information and feel somewhat confident about my pilgrimage. Of course, the crossing of the Pyrenées is still daunting but I think it will be a great accomplishment because it will prove that I am stronger than my fibromyalgia.

I hope I get to meet some of you next year but if our paths don't cross, I hope to hear your stories in this forum.

Hi SueH
Welcome to class 2011,It's great to see another first timer doing the VdlP. This is my first time as well, but we have lots of experienced people to answer our questions. I'm starting my walk about March 27, it maybe a bit early, but I've just done some cold country walking and it was all good.Once the decision is made the fun of planning and training begins.
Buen Camino, Judy.

Meenakshi and I are planning the Camino Ingles for October Half Term 2011, so we've got a bit over a year to get ready. That should give us six days for walking, two for travelling and a day in Santiago. Ferrol or A Coruna?

Andy

I have started the planning for my third Camino. This time the Via de la Plata from Seville to Astorga and then Camino Frances from Astorga to Santiago. I walked the CF in 08 and 09 both times starting in mid Aug ending in late Sept.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone with Camino experience on either route. My only query at the moment is where can I write to get a Pilgrim Passport in Seville. I prefer to have a passport from the city I start in.

Thanks and Buen Camino

Hi Again...

Just reviewed the forum again and noticed a theme of angst surrounding the Pyrenees.

In 08 when I first did the camino I too experienced the anxiety of doubt about my abilities. A pilgrim (should be a saint in my view) convinced me that to miss that part of the journey would be tragic. Besides,said he, you can always coast back down the hill if it becomes unmanageable.

I should interject here that I was 56 years old in 08, a diabetic with significant corrected (stents) coronary artery disease. I would be lying if I said it was easy however the anxiety was unwarranted. The routs although steep is quite do-able given some adherence to the tortoises philosophy of slow and steady wins the race and religious attention to blood sugar levels.

I was so stoked when I finished walking that day that never again did I doubt my ability to complete the Camino. The inspiration provided by that first little success gave birth to a hint of fanatacism about walking the Camino thus my third attemp as per my previous post.

My second pilgrimage in 09 saw me meet up with friends that I met that first year including the pilgrim who encouraged me to complete the Napoleon Route. We had a nice little reunion in Puente la Reina before heading our seperate ways...

Regards

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Two members of the CSJ of SA will be with a group of 12 peregrinos from Roncesvalles to Logrono: Astorga to Villafranca del Bierzo: Sarria to Santiago starting 29th May 2011.
I am really looking forward to sharing my passion for el camino with so many likeminded people!

Jacobus said:
where can I write to get a Pilgrim Passport in Seville
Asociacion de Amigos del Camino de Santiago, Calle San Jacinto, 25 Portal 6, Local 4,
This is in Triana, across the bridge from the central area of Seville.
Telephone 954 335 274 y 696 600 602
From Vía de la Plata – http://www.caminoguide.net: They are open Monday to Thursday, November to March 1800 to 2000 and April to October 1900 to 2100. If they’re not open there’s generally a notice on the door telling you where you can get one. Their website is http://www.viaplata.org. Alternatively, Credenciales are also available in Castilblanco and Monesterios.

Also Hotel Simon (García de Vinuesa 19, between the Giralda and the river in Sevilla) will give you a credential. I got mine from here, and stayed here the night before I set off in late May.
It was all wonderful.

marjude said:
Can anyone recommend a reasonable place to stay in Barcelona?

Hi Judy,
I stayed at Hotel Moderno in Barcelona. C/ Hospital, 11, 08001 Barcelona, Phone 933 014 154
It is just off Las Ramblas, close to Liceu metro, close to the boqueria market.
I found it on http://www.booking.com, also http://www.tripadvisor.com is good for finding hotels.
I am starting from Merida on April 19th, so may see you on the camino. Flying in via Madrid this time, but had a wonderful time in Barcelona earlier this year.
Adios,
Marianne

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This is my first post. I hope it goes well! If I were only going to buy one book about the Camino, before going, what do you all recommend? Is there one that stands out above the rest? Thanks for your input.

wayne57

Wayne - your'e not going to get a straight answer to that question!!

First, you have to say whether you want a stand out guide book, or a stand out historical book, or a stand out handbook, or a stand out 'true-life' pilgrim's story book.

Hi Marianne,
Thanks for the information about the Barcelona Hotel, I will have a look at it. Yes, we might find ourselves in the same village one night, to put faces to names would be good,
Beun Camino Judy.

€149,-
Jacobus said:
My only query at the moment is where can I write to get a Pilgrim Passport in Seville.

The Cathedral has a pilgrim office, which opens now and again. I got a credencial here in 2008

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.