Bem48

Bem in Sydney
Apr 9, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2008 Camino del Norte 2011 VdlP 2013
Levante in 2019?
Hola,
in May 2011 I will be on the "frances" from SJPdP to Pamplona (only), from there I want to connect
to Hendaye to start the "del Norte". Can someone give me advice on train or bus from Pamplona to
Irun/Hendaye ??? cost, frequencies, duration etc. Thank you and Buen Camino
Bem from Sydney

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

jabri

Dec 8, 2004
the Netherlands
Bem,
It is not that clear!
Renfe (Spanish National Railway) on their site:
train from Pamplona till Irun: daily at 11:19 and 19:21, arriving 13:25 resp. 21:32, price EUR 22,00 one way, not on Sunday
see: http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/index.html

But there is other info at: http://www.xacobeo.fr/ZF1.05.tra.Esp.htm
- Autobus Pamplona - Irun : Cie La Burundesa

Monday till Saturday dép. 16 h 30 arr. 18 h 20
Sunday dép. 18 h 00 arr. 19 h 50

- Autobus Pamplona - Irun : Cie La Estellesa
dép. 08 h 00 arr. 10 h 00
dép.13 h 15 arr. 15 h 10

- Train Pamplona - Irun
Monday till Saturday dép. 05 h 36 arr. 08 h 08
dép. 17 h 46 arr. 19 h 41
dép. 18 h 42 arr. 21 h 05
So it is confusing....
Jan Brilleman

Bem48

Bem in Sydney
Apr 9, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Camino Frances 2008 Camino del Norte 2011 VdlP 2013
Levante in 2019?
Jan,
Sorry for being late in thanking you for all the info on the connection Pamplona to Irun.
the holiday-Season is to blame !
Yes it seems a bit confusing, but later, closer to my intended travel-date I'll get a clearer
picture on those web-sites, hopefully.
Thank you again
and Buen Camino
Bem in Sydney

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Nov 2, 2004
ZA
www.amawalkerscamino.com
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
It is possible to walk to Bayonne on the Camino Frances in 5 to 6 days, leaving the Camino Frances at Trinidad de Arre about 4.5km from Pamplona. Although this is considered an ancient route, used by the Romans on the Camino Real, it is not a frequently used route and does not have much in the way of pilgrim accommodation until it reaches Trinidad de Arre.
Ruta del Baztan: ± 100km Bayonne to Trinidad de Arre and Pamplona

http://vppyr.free.fr/pages_transversale ... baztan.htm

For all bus times in Spain refer to http://www.alsa.es

My suggestion would be bus from Pamplona to San Sebastian (€14). About 10 buses a day. Check the journey times - some are just 1 hour, others go the long way; 2 hours. From San Sebastian you can take the narrow guage train to Irun, or take another bus.

All public transport is extremely good value in Spain. For a rough rule of thumb €10 for every 100KM will more than cover the estimated cost of a bus ticket. But, the Alsa website above does give good information and exact fares.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, I have read all the threads on this topic and seen multiple replies. Some are positive others seem to be vague. Ok travel if this route what cities offer the best cultural...
Hi, I am embarking on my first camino tomorrow and have been searching for some albergues to stay in. I will be doing the Camino del Norte and will be starting in Gijon. I am looking in Muros de...
Originally I planned to start CdN from Irun directly, thus I booked a flight to San Sebastian Airport (EAS). However, I've read several guides and learned that the Basque Coast towns are worth...
Dear pilgrim companions. We are currently cycling the CDN, battery free, and will soon arrive in Gijon. We have arranged to spend the arrival night here then catch train/bus to Oviedo for 2 nights...
Having started our cycling Camino odyssey in Bilbao we are now recovering in Oviedo before returning to Gijon and the CDN. It has been a beautiful and challenging experience. We are trying to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides