Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Poll Credencial nearly full with three days to go. Do you...

Do you:

• Start a new one.

Votes: 30 53.6%
  • Fill all available space, even if it means overlapping previous stamps.

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Use a blank piece of paper.

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery

mattythedog

Jun 21, 2021
USA
Time of past OR future Camino
2016-2023 and future caminos planned
You're traveling any of the Camino routes. You have only three or four days until you arrive in Santiago de Compostela, but your credincial is full.
Take a Pen and grid out the superfluous map and propaganda pages. Plenty of room there

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Jul 15, 2005
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
None of the above.

Get a new one, and then glue it to the old one -- having cut the front cover of the new one off in order to fabricate the extension more seemlessly.

My latest was 8 of them, double-sided (equivalent 16), made into one. About 40% of side B remained blank, so I needed about equivalent 13 normal one-sided Spanish ones ; though my Camino was extraordinarily long, and the other double-sided French model given at SJPP is worth somewhere between 2 and 3 standard Spanish ones.

But, if you are a slow walker and starting at SJPP -- get two, glue them back to back, and that will easily be sufficient. Probably three or four Spanish ones arranged similarly would be sufficient too.

You only need more than that if your projected Camino distance is in the 1,000s rather the 100s. o_O

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2012
Illawarra Region NSW Australia
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
I faced this issue before I left for the Camino. So I took two credentials cut off the face page and glued the two together. This gave around 60 or 70 sello squares. Hope this helps other pilgrims. If you buy a guide book from Ivar he will usually include two credentials. Cheers

Reactions: StineBee
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Sandi Smith

Jul 16, 2017
You're traveling any of the Camino routes. You have only three or four days until you arrive in Santiago de Compostela, but your credincial is full.
As someone who recently volunteered in the Pilgrims Office, I have only one request—PLEASE write your name and where you would like to be located if you lose your credencial. (It’s also required!). I’ve seen it happen 😔

When you start your second credencial it’s also helpful to write the word “continuación” on the information page of the second one. It speeds things up a bit.

Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
As I watched the aurora Friday night (west coast Canada) I was thinking how wonderful it would be to see it along the camino. Wondering if anyone currently walking or living along the camino saw...
Hi there, I will be walking Camino Primitivo soon and I still have some questions that you could maybe help me to answer. As I would like to avoid to bring unnecessary things with me. 1. I do...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.