• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cruceiro in Miami

El Cascayal

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
23:Valença Var Espiritual Apr; Norte Cudillero Oct
Look at this! My daily walking route in my neighborhood has a recently inaugurated Cruceiro flown over from Spain! Like it’s sister Cruceiro it was sculpted from a single block of granite the new one by Santiago Besada in Galicia. It is quite a sight and the only Cruceiro in the US. Many highlights including the maps of Galicia, Cuba and Florida.
Brought to you by La Cofradía de Galegos Forever, La Asociación de Empresarios Gallegos de USA in collaboration with La Xunta de Galicia.
It is the Sister Cruceiro of the cruceiro do Hío at the Church of San Andrés in Hío, Pontevedra which was sculpted in 1872 also from a single block of granite.
These are some pictures from this morning of all 4 sides including the beautifully engraved information in Galego, Spanish and English.
PS: Vanessa’s (the owner of the bar A Nova in As Quintas’ father was the man who facilitated this Cruceiro’s flight, to Miami in one piece.
Are all we Peregrinos ongoing Camino intersections all over the world?

Attachments

• IMG_8820.jpeg
    IMG_8820.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,304
  • IMG_8825.jpeg
    IMG_8825.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8858.jpeg
    IMG_8858.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8853.jpeg
    IMG_8853.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8859.jpeg
    IMG_8859.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8849.jpeg
    IMG_8849.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8850.jpeg
    IMG_8850.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8864.jpeg
    IMG_8864.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8876.png
    IMG_8876.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 21
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
How nice to have a place to visit when you are home…. or is it away from home…..and the inscription matches your shell, Gallego, ingles y castellano!

Look at this! My daily walking route in my neighborhood has a recently inaugurated Cruceiro flown over from Spain! Like it’s sister Cruceiro it was sculpted from a single block of granite the new one by Santiago Besada in Galicia. It is quite a sight and the only Cruceiro in the US. Many highlights including the maps of Galicia, Cuba and Florida.
Brought to you by La Cofradía de Galegos Forever, La Asociación de Empresarios Gallegos de USA in collaboration with La Xunta de Galicia.
It is the Sister Cruceiro of the cruceiro do Hío at the Church of San Andrés in Hío, Pontevedra which was sculpted in 1872 also from a single block of granite.
These are some pictures from this morning of all 4 sides including the beautifully engraved information in Galego, Spanish and English.
PS: Vanessa’s (the owner of the bar A Nova in As Quintas’ father was the man who facilitated this Cruceiro’s flight, to Miami in one piece.
Are all we Peregrinos ongoing Camino intersections all over the world?
Thank you for sharing. My daughter lives in Miami. When I go visit her I would love to see the Cruceiro! Where is the location? Thank you!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Found this article about the cross while I was looking for the location. According to the article, this is the world’s tallest cruceiro.

Thank you for sharing. My daughter lives in Miami. When I go visit her I would love to see the Cruceiro! Where is the location? Thank you!
It’s off Calle 8 and Cuban Blvd aka 13th Ave! I now live in a tourist trap. Let me know when you’re here. 🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍, Aymarah

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It is the Sister Cruceiro of the cruceiro do Hío at the Church of San Andrés in Hío,
On this thread I learnt that the "family" of things in English are feminine. Also, there is another thread where the " grandmother" of a tree is mentioned. In Spanish ( and galego) depends on the gender of the word.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I visited Spain for the first time and came back to the US few weeks ago. My overall impression of the country, after visiting major cities to small towns, is that Spain seems to have higher...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.