• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Go

Patsaway

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues
Hi I am about to go on my first Camino. I have decided to go on the Camino Portugues and I am arriving in Porto at 20.00, early October.
I am thinking of starting at Ponte de Lima and will welcome any tips, suggestions, advice and apart from "dont do it" :) I am willing to listen.
Regards
Patsaway

Prepare for your next Camino on California's Santa Catalina Island, Oct 27 to Nov 2
Hi I am about to go on my first Camino. I have decided to go on the Camino Portugues and I am arriving in Porto at 20.00, early October.
I am thinking of starting at Ponte de Lima and will welcome any tips, suggestions, advice and apart from "dont do it" :) I am willing to listen.
Regards
Patsaway

go the extra mile and stay in the historic centre of Pontevedra, the albergue's not near
don't skip Santiaguiño do Monte in Padrón, it's worth the effort
if diplomas are your thing, you can request the PedronĂ­a in PadrĂłn

Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It will be great. Ponte de Lima is a beautiful start point. Last October I was there on my first camino. It was 36°C which was far hotter than I'd expected. I learnt to wet my head at every oportunity! The Portuguese were friendly and helpful. Pace yourself especially in the beginning other pilgrims might have been walking for a while so just go at your own comfy rate. Breath and enjoy the beauty.
Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Gay, I’m new to the forum as I’m walking my first Camino, the Camino Ingles beginning the 20th of June 2024 and wondering if there are any AA meetings along that route
Hi walking the Norte starting in late August. Would appreciate hearing from anyone else who has/is starting in August.
Hi, I’m new to the group as I’m finally hiking my first El Camino this month, El Camino Ingles, beginning June 21, 2024
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.