• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Pilgrimage September 2008

JillOlson54

Hello:
I am Jill Olson. I will be walking parts of the French route in September with my sister, Susan, who is turning 60 this year -- this is her choice of ways to celebrate this momentous life passage. Also with us is Kim, a friend.

We wish to begin in St. Jean Pied du Port, but plan to skip the middle section and walk about 150 Km toward Santiago at the end (we just can't escape our responsibilities for 35 days).

I have a question -- does anyone have details on how to get a bus in Pamplona to get to Roncesvalles? I've seen an earlier post (in the FAQ) that suggests there is a bus, (and from there we can get a taxi to St Jean) but the RailEurope website doesn't recognize that choice of destinations. Any help would be appreciated.

We are terribly excited to begin our journey this fall.
Jill

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello Jill,
How exciting for you 'girls' to be walking the camino together!
There is a daily 6pm bus to Roncesvalles.
You might want to consider getting the Express Burricott taxi service from Pamplona's bus station to St Jean. She ferries pilgrims every day at about 4h30pm and the cost depends on how many in the vehicle but I know that it is 27 euro for two people.
You must reserve a place ahead of time - apcaroline@hotmail.com
Good luck with your plans.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
sillydoll said:
Hello Jill,
You might want to consider getting the Express Burricott taxi service from Pamplona's bus station to St Jean. She ferries pilgrims every day at about 4h30pm and the cost depends on how many in the vehicle but I know that it is 27 euro for two people.
You must reserve a place ahead of time - apcaroline@hotmail.com

Hi Jill

We used Caroline's taxi service last month. She charged us 27 euro each (there were 7 people in the bus altogether) and the bus left Pamplona at 6 p.m. We got to St Jean just before 8 p.m.

Hope this helps.

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.