• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First time

antjie

Time of past OR future Camino
may 2013
Hi
I have just joined the site and trying to make my way through all the information! Bought John Brierley's guide book today - so I am committed to this journey! :D Hoping to start at St Jean in mid May.
"we travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us"

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Hi Antjie!

Enjoy all your preparations! JB's guide is good for the maps and suggested stages, but take them as suggestions only. If you don't know already you'll find out whether you're an uphill/downhill person or city/village person, and rearrange things accordingly. I don't like uphills so prefer to do them at the start of the day when I'm not tired. Others don't like downhills if they have bad knees etc so might do the opposite.

Excited for you - you'll have a great time!

Buen Camino! :D

Hi Antjie, don't forget to click on the 'Calendar' link at the very bottom of the page, you'll be able to see which forum members are leaving from the various starting points on each date and remember that the forum members only make up a small percentage of those who are on the various Caminos at any given time.

There is plenty of advice on equipment, footwear, packing lists throughout the forum but remember what works perfectly for one person might just not suit everyone so whatever equipment, gear you decide you will be using on your Camino, make sure you use it regularly in the weeks beforehand so any hidden problems will come to light before you depart and can be rectified in your home surroundings rather than midway through your adventure.

Buen Camino

Seamus

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings fellow travelers, I am hoping to do my first international trip at 57 and solo to walk the Camino Primitivo in mid-July. I want to book the trip through either Santiago Ways or Camino...
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...
I'll be volunteering in Santiago July 01- July 15 this year with the Camino Companions who offer services for the English speaking pilgrims, announcements at mass, English Mass at the Pilgrim's...
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.