• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flights are booked!!

HDrider

Hello all...I'll be arriving in St Jean on the 18th April and starting my Camino the next day with six weeks set aside to complete it.
As a 58 year old male with no previous long distance walking history, I'm excited and not a little apprehensive at the prospect but I take comfort in reading that people much older than I am have completed the trip several times and are still hungry to repeat the process!
I've read several books on the subject and have the John Brierley guide and the Millan Bravo Lozano book, also Joyce Rupp's very interesting book and the Paul Coelho book (which went completely over my head!) I'm excited to get started and have my own personal experience.
This Forum has been very informative for me and I've been "lurking" for some time now absorbing valuable information, for which I thank you all.
Hope to maybe meet some of you on the path
Regards
Tony

A selection of Camino Jewellery
All the best Tony - and I know the weeks will fly by until you are ready to begin. I think lots of us start it with no long distance walking experience.....When I got to the end I realised I had done something remarkable, but it had really just been the sum of each day, a keep-on-keeping-on kind of thing.
Keep us posted on here occasionally if you can!
Margaret

Tony...now the true Camino begins!

As Margaret mentioned these are the days that will speed forward and before you know it...you're in SJPDP. What a great adventure!

If I can offer you one piece of advice...just before you cross through the gate ...stop in the Church to your left. It matters not if you are religious...drop your pack...for the first time...and look around the Church and marvel that...there...right there...you are seeing the same sight that so many pilgrims have before you.

If you do Believe...make a prayer for a successful journey and for those that will come behind you.

Buen Camino,

Arn

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Tony,

We (Helen & I) are setting out on the 17th from SJPP. However, a young fellow like you will probably over take us along the way.

I wouldn't worry to much about Paul Coelho's book going completely over your head, that's his story.

As for your story, I hope the Camino is great & marvelous beyond all your expectations.

Hope to see you along the way.

Buen Camino

Col

...and I hope all you will stop in and at least have a cuppa when you get to Moratinos, out on the plains. Today I am missing having pilgrims around!

reb

Thanks for your welcome messages. I'm busy reading all the posts to arm myself with as much info as possible. Thanks for the invite, Rebekah, I'll try and call in for a cup of tea...though my usual drink is JD....maybe a six week abstinence won't do any harm!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.