• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From SJPDP to Roncesvalles by bus/taxi/ ... ?

Jerome74

I'm still evaluating whether or not to cross the Pyrenees on the first day (because of my recent foot problem) ... I don't want to risk ruining my whole Camino experience on the first day.

But since I'll be staying in SJ anyway, what ways are there to get from SJ to Roncesvalles? Is there a bus line? Do taxis drive you there? At what price? Any other advice?

Thanks a lot :)

Jerome

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
hi no bus that goes there BUT if your like 40-50 ppl you cant rent a bus!!

taxi is about 40euros from stjpdp-Roncesvalles
just ask the guy at trainstation in st-jean to you a taxi!

you should walk it take an extra day worth the walk!!

look at this video on youtube:
you see what i mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8psI6GRsSI

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Jerome74 said:
Hi, I'm going along well actually. The physio did help and I also got new shoe lifts.

In your place I'd try to walk from St.Jean, even if you need 8-9 hours, just walk at your rythm, have a rest regularly and enjoy the time. I know many people who'd like to walk the Camino, but can't do it for different reasons (health, age, physical problems...)
You are in good condition and ready to start, so do it, you won't regret your decision.
I wish you good luck and a buen Camino !
Jupp

Jerome,

Caroline Aphessetche runs a taxi service out of St. Jean P deP and we have arranged a lift with her to Roncesvalles. It's 10 euros per person, with a minimum of 3 passengers, so if you go solo, it will be 30 euros.

We contacted her at:

apcaroline@hotmail.com

Kevin

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
In ur situation, I'd leave SJPDP for the next Camino and start this one from Roncesvaux. You know there's gonna be more Caminos for u...Best, xm 8)

Thanks again everyone. But I'll definitely have to skip the Pyrenees this time and I will start in Roncesvalles. I'm trying to arrange sth with Caroline.

Because not only did I have this foot problem recently, I've also got a Gastroenteritis yesterday evening and had to severely vomit several times during the night ... And I've not eaten anything since then. I got some pharmaceuticals right now and it seems to get better again ... And I'm confident I'll be fit again for Thursday when the plane is leaving.

But I've really got a great timing for these things!!! ;) :?

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back