Fromista albergue fire

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
D

Deleted member 59555

El Norte de Castilla is reporting the albergue El Canal in Fromista was destroyed by a fire last night 3/30/19. Fortunantely no one was injured but it looks like it is a total loss from the pictures they have printed.
Thank God no one was injured . It does bring up a point about coming to the door of albergue's in the morning, to find them locked and in one we were all waiting for some one to unlock the door only to hear a car pull up and the door unlocked from the outside. Imagine!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

tpmchugh

Veteran Member
Feb 29, 2012
Belfast, Ireland
Time of past OR future Camino
El Norte de Castilla is reporting the albergue El Canal in Fromista was destroyed by a fire last night 3/30/19. Fortunantely no one was injured but it looks like it is a total loss from the pictures they have printed.
My favourite albergue in Fromista. Because its not in centre of town, it never filled up until after everywhere else. The attached bar served a great dinner too. Unfortunate that it was an old refurbished train station so made almost entirely of wood. So sad

David Tallan

Staff member
Dec 8, 2013
Toronto, Canada
1989, 2016, 2018, 2023, 2024...
That's where my son and I stayed in 2016. I still remember the delicious rabbit stew supper I had there. So sorry to read of this.

€60,-

mark connolly

Apr 4, 2016
sept 2016 CF
sept 2017 Lourdes to SJPDP via Piemonte
SJPDP to SDC via CF
2019 CF (God willing)
Reactions: Miki Goldie

Dres

May 28, 2017
July - August, 2017 1st time
2nd time ASAP
Sorry to hear this, I stayed there a couple of years ago and took this picture in the bar/front room.

Attachments

• IMG_3099.jpg
    IMG_3099.jpg
    897 KB · Views: 23
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

nathanael

Oct 10, 2019
Canada
Frances, Norte, Plata,
My favourite albergue in Fromista. Because its not in centre of town, it never filled up until after everywhere else. The attached bar served a great dinner too. Unfortunate that it was an old refurbished train station so made almost entirely of wood. So sad
I believe its the one I stayed at single roometes by the train tracks. Lady that ran was very nice great meals. sad to hear it was a peaceful place and loved when the train went by.

Ian L

Oct 8, 2017
Camino Frances summer 2017 (SJPP to Fromista)
Camino Frances summer 2019 (Fromista to Santiago)
Yes, this was the one next to the train station. I had a beer there before getting on the train at the end of my 2017 Camino. When I returned to Fromista in 2019 to complete my Camino, it was destroyed. It was a cool place for an Albergue!

David Tallan

Staff member
Dec 8, 2013
Toronto, Canada
1989, 2016, 2018, 2023, 2024...
I know this past year has been an especially hard year for the Camino infrastructure, especially on the more popular routes where there are private albergues and places that really rely on pilgrim traffic. But the resurrection of this thread has reminded me that it is ever the way that some places will close. When the traffic resumes, some new places will open to meet the needs. Some will become the new favourites for future pilgrims. It cannot be otherwise in a pilgrim route that has waxed and waned and waxed again over a thousand years of history. People wonder if the Camino can sustain the increases or decreases in pilgrim traffic. It will outlast us all.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides