• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting from T2 to T5 at LHR

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino 2024 unknown starting 4/1 from somewhere.
I arrive LHR T2 at 5 :55 am. I have a connecting flight in T5 at 7:20 am. For those with experience, do you think this is doable?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I arrive LHR T2 at 5 :55 am. I have a connecting flight in T5 at 7:20 am. For those with experience, do you think this is doable?
Go to the LHR website:

Connecting passengers
Transferring between flights? Our frequent Flight Connections buses will whisk you to your departure terminal without leaving the passenger-only area.
Get your step-by-step Flight Connection plan

Not a connecting passenger?
If you don't have a connecting ticket (not sure? Your airline can advise), begin by selecting your starting terminal here.

Last edited:
Thanks, Kathar1na.

They are suggesting I probably do not have enough time. Looks like I will be hoping for an early arrival.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Even with the shorter connection by staying airside, I have rarely managed to do it in less than 60 minutes. In theory it is possible but stressful. Sometimes transatlantic flights are early with a friendly jetstream but you can't bet on it.

Not a good idea if you are on a single ticket for the two flights. International airports in the US do not have airside transit busses for international flights but major European airports such as London Heathrow do.

As you can see from the instructions on the LHR website, the recommended route from terminal T2 to terminal T5 is different, depending on whether you hold a single ticket ("connecting passenger") or two tickets from separate airlines ("self-connecting passenger").

If you take a taxi or Heathrow Express or whatever to get from one LHR terminal to the other, it will cost you time as you will have to go through customs/passport control twice (first out to get to the taxi stand or train stop and then in again at the departure terminal) and through security once. If you can stay airside and can take the transit busses, you only have to go through security once before the flight to Madrid and no passport/immigration control at LHR, only at Madrid.

Buying a single ticket (if you can) has a big advantage and allows for shorter connection times between two international flights, such as US-LHR-Madrid.

Kathar1na :

Well, I have 2 separate tickets (United and Iberia). I am hoping for an early arrival and a little luck. If I do not make it, I will have to pay a fee to change. Such is life. That said, if I make the 7:20, I will arrive in Almeria early enough to start walking that day.

Joe

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...
Ryanair have announced that after November they will no longer be flying to/from Bordeaux. Unfortunate for those heading for SJPDP as it is a useful alternative to Biarritz...
Hi All, My next leg is from Los Arcos. I'm hoping to go back in Sept and as i will be solo this time and no one to shared transfer costs with im trying to figure out best routes for bus and train...
hello - Does anyone have a suggested app that i can both track my progress along the route and share real time location? i know how to share real time on google maps but. or route progress. thank you!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back