Getting your first sello

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

trecile

Staff member
Feb 19, 2016
Southern Oregon
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
You will be able to get a sello at your accommodation in Oviedo. It's definitely nice to have a stamp marking your starting point, but it's only required if it's within the last 100 km.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Nov 2, 2004
ZA
www.amawalkerscamino.com
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
If you belong to a local church you can get a stamp before you leave home. The cathedral in Oviedo has a lovely stamp and it is worth a visit, especially the Camara Santa - the Holy Chamber - which holds a number of ancient Christian relics including the Sudarium.

Reactions: FionaC

J.Patrick

Veteran member from Camarillo, California
Aug 25, 2016
Camarillo CA
pilgrimheart.org
Porto 2015.
Northern 2017
Francigena Oct 2023
I regularly stamp my parishioners' first sello in the church before they leave. Even if you aren't Catholic, you might ask the local priest in Xabia if he would be willing to do that for you. I bet he will!

• Thank you
Reactions: MTowers and SabsP
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

As I walked to Calzadilla de la Cueza today (long straight road), probably prompted by noisy torch-bearing pilgrims who got up at 4:20am (5 o’clock is bad enough, but seriously? We couldn’t leave...
I have noticed a few threads about cards and with drawing money. For me as a UK citizen with the top 3 overseas cards, Chase, Clarirty and Barclay card, the main issue is where to find low fee ATM...
I found this interesting, and thought others might too...
Hi Guys. I plan to walk the Camino (811km) next spring. I need suggestions from pilgrims who have walked and are still walking the Camino this April. How was the weather? Did you have too many...
I'm at the airport, suddenly being nostalgic. If you had to choose one sello as your most valuable, why would it be that one? Could be a religious or spiritual experience, the people you met...
My wife and I just walked into Santiago this morning. We started in SJPdP to Pamplona to San Sebastian to Oviedo and then here to Santiago. As we walked around this morning we stopped and had a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.