• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Greetings to you all.

sukinseoul

Dear Camino friends!!

Hi

Boila!

I read 2-3 books on walking..and Camino instantly hit me.
Here I am I have decided to go there this year..

Well, .. have a good preparation for everyone!

With respect!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Re: suk from Korea! - Greetings to you all.

안녕하세요! :)

It's so nice to read an article from my country... especially from here.

During my pilgrimage in last year,
I met a Japanese pilgrim who walked from Le Puy to Santiago de Compostela.

He told me that there's no albergues but gites
(i think you already knew or somebody in here will know a lot about it).
and in France, there's more up-and-down hills than Spain.
And there's almost NOBODY while he's walking the way.

I hope your wonderful camino in this summer.
Ultreya!

- Jihyeong, from Seoul.

adding to the point...in the first week in January I met a young Korean couple on the Camino Frances walking all the way to Santiago from Pamploma. In the short time I was with them we encountered dreadful weather but even only carrying 10k between them they were well equipped with micro light clothes and equipment - it shows it can be done - even in winter!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Hi Suk, welcome to the Forum :)
Enjoy your planing for the Camino. I have walked long distance to Santiago, starting from home and walking down through Europe. The disadvantage is the economics because there are few 'gites d'etapes' and therefore accommodation becomes more expensive. I think you would find this setting out from Paris. Walking from Le Puy is good because the gites run by the local authorities are relatively inexpensive and have minimum standards such as cooking facilities and hot showers. The route can be busy at times, this goes against what someone else said but it's not as busy as the Camine Frances in Spain. In April 2005 there were about 50 pilgrims a day setting out from Le Puy, and the numbers rise towards the summer, but some of these walk for just 2 weeks and then come back at another time to continue their pilgrimage.I have followed this route twice so if you want further information feel free to ask; you may wish to use the private message area for this.
Best wishes,
Brendan

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.